Map Prachan Road Map Prachan Lake, where is it convenient to stay ? Any shops ? Restaurants ? Gym ?

FashionExport

Hello,

If you know Map Prachan Road Map Prachan Lake area, can you tell me where it is convenient to stay ?

Is there a daily food market, any 7/11 or other shops ? Restaurants ?

Where is it possible to live without having to drive to go anywhere ? Is it possible or everything is too far to be able to walk ?

Please tell me more about Mapbrachan. I just know that it is far enough from Pattaya to be quiet and feel the nature, but close enough in case of urgency as hospital or big shopping.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you can infer from the lack of replies that there is not much interest in that area now. If you want to stay out there, you will need at least a motor bike.

There are resorts and a few restaurants around the lake. There are 2 markets, one on each end of the lake. 3 actually , as 2 are close to each other, on Siam Country Club Rd, on the way to Sukhumvit & one the other way around, past Pong & the water works.

I used to live in the area, but moved away 4 years ago. My last visit was last August. Very quiet...many restaurants & bars had closed. The ones that were open were mostly dead. The girls in the bars seemed to be uninterested in 2 farangs. So I guess you could say the girls were walking dead. They seemed more interested in talking to each other & playing on their phones that talking with the paying customers.

It appears a lot has changed in 4 years. I had planned to stay there for a few days & then go into town for a night or two, but one night around the lake was enough...for me, anyway.

• Like 1

OP.

Mabprachan Lake has everything you need.

There are houses to rent or buy , Resort style lodges, Tesco Express , 7/11, Restaurants and Coffee shops. Etc

However, in past few years , as others have pointed out, there has been a slow but steady decline in the general area. This is a trend that appears to be consistant with Pattaya its self.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

OP.

Mabprachan Lake has everything you need.

There are houses to rent or buy , Resort style lodges, Tesco Express , 7/11, Restaurants and Coffee shops. Etc

However, in past few years , as others have pointed out, there has been a slow but steady decline in the general area. This is a trend that appears to be consistant with Pattaya its self.

I could happily spend a few days or even a couple of weeks in Pattaya, don't know if I could say the same for Mabrachan.

You will need a motorbike at the least. What do you want to do at the lake, nothing there to do, and actually no swimming aloud, but some Thai swim, and they fish there. Bars are mostly quite, except on certain days, 7 11 is nice for shopping, lots of variety, but dont step on the gang of dogs that sit outside. Since the 7 11s are on intersections, you can sit and enjoy the traffic accidents. In other words, not much to see on the lake.

48 minutes ago, fakename said:

You will need a motorbike at the least. What do you want to do at the lake, nothing there to do, and actually no swimming aloud, but some Thai swim, and they fish there. Bars are mostly quite, except on certain days, 7 11 is nice for shopping, lots of variety, but dont step on the gang of dogs that sit outside. Since the 7 11s are on intersections, you can sit and enjoy the traffic accidents. In other words, not much to see on the lake.

How about silent swimming?

• Like 1

Plenty of places to stay, The Magnolias is a big hotel & has a pool I believe but I think it caters for Chinese/Japanese or Korean tourists, you can Google it for more info, there is also a place called East Shore, that has a pool as well and does Thai & European food, that is a quite new place, The Loft Resort & and plenty of other places. Loads of restaurants - Indian, The Mediterranean Garden resort, The Fisherman's (probably the best in Pattaya IMHO) European, Italian, I think there is a Chinese somewhere as well, obviously loads of Thai places. Bars aplenty, The Billabong, recently refurbed. Nifty's The Loft, Happy days, just to name a few, Tesco Express, 7/11s & Thai markets as mentioned by fakename, you will need transport to get around, although there is a Baht bus service along Soi Siam CC that goes to the Sukhamvit via Nern Plawb wan HTH. :biggrin:  

It's a great place to live if you enjoy cycling , hiking, exploring local markets, and nice people. I live about one km from the lake and I enjoy it very much. Only 15 minutes from Pattaya. You can find reasonable rent. I pay 7500 bht a month for a large 2bd 2bth townhouse with a small garden and off street parking for two cars. As one poster mentioned you will need at least a motor scooter for transportation.. pm me if you want more info. Cheers

Edited by montereyjp
Correction
  • Thanks 1

Echo what everyone else says. You need transport on the lake. A bike at least but in the evening, a car would be preferred. It's a great place to live with a good community vibe about it. Some filth if you want it, but it's very very small and not noticeable. 

Here's an edited updated version of one I prepared earlier..........

Then down the hill, to Mabprachan Lake which is a reservoir and therefore by default a totally green area with woodland jogging paths, dog walks, bicycle lanes, fishing, and picnic areas.
There's even a free fitness and landscaped pleasure park close to a refreshingly expensive gym shot dead in the car park
On the other side of the lake you'll find a couple of sauna centres, with mini gyms and swimmin pools, further along there is a yoga+zumba studio full of local beauties.

There are enough restaurants and bars for every day of the month ... imho polite, discreet and a cut above most, but reviews can be subjective. Plenty of resorts renting rooms or bungalows.
The main roadworks SoiSiam CC are now completed, and will be probably ok until we get rain.
Hope this helps.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 7:42 AM, montereyjp said:

It's a great place to live if you enjoy cycling , hiking, exploring local markets, and nice people. I live about one km from the lake and I enjoy it very much. Only 15 minutes from Pattaya. You can find reasonable rent. I pay 7500 bht a month for a large 2bd 2bth townhouse with a small garden and off street parking for two cars. As one poster mentioned you will need at least a motor scooter for transportation.. pm me if you want more info. Cheers

Hello, can you telle me where to look please ? Thanks.

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, pehice said:

hello, I am also looking for a cheap house on dark side, but hard to find ?! Thank you.

There are plenty of houses for rent, but easier to just drive around some villages in the location you want and see the signs for house to rent.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, johnnybgood said:

Then down the hill, to Mabprachan Lake which is a reservoir and therefore by default a totally green area with woodland jogging paths, dog walks, bicycle lanes, fishing, and picnic areas.

There's even a free fitness and landscaped pleasure park close to a refreshingly expensive gym shot dead in the car park.

On the other side of the lake you'll find a couple of sauna centres, with mini gyms and swimming pools, further along there is a yoga+zumba studio full of local beauties.
There are enough restaurants and bars for every day of the month ... //

Looks like the review by someone trying to sell his house by the lake... :tongue:

On 2/10/2018 at 2:05 AM, johnnybgood said:

Here's an edited updated version of one I prepared earlier..........

There's even a free fitness and landscaped pleasure park close to a refreshingly expensive gym shot dead in the car park
On the other side of the lake you'll find a couple of sauna centres, with mini gyms and swimmin pools, further along there is a yoga+zumba studio full of local beauties.

There are enough restaurants and bars for every day of the month ... imho polite, discreet and a cut above most, but reviews can be subjective. Plenty of resorts renting rooms or bungalows.
The main roadworks SoiSiam CC are now completed, and will be probably ok until we get rain.
Hope this helps.

On 12/1/2018 at 4:21 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Looks like the review by someone trying to sell his house by the lake... :tongue:

555555 I wish..the plot of land is worth far more than the house....but wifey owns the bladdy land☹️.

Edited by johnnybgood
spelling