Adding Thai to an older Samsung s2 Galaxy ?

oldcarguy

Hi

I was given a little used Samsung S2 Galaxy , 

how can I add Thai to it ?

its only has Android 4.1.2  and no simple way to update it , 

I just wanted to use it for Line , WhatsApp, WeChat  Etc  but I am not sure if Thai characters show up on the screen or just squares like my old flip phone !

its still in the USA  but I would like to set it up before I leave

Thanks for your help

You could try flashing an official Samsung ROM, meant for Thailand?

example: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s-/GT-I9100/THL/

There is no Thai option in the language settings? Have you tried a third-party Thai keyboard? What is the exact model number? What is the exact ROM? Is this phone "locked" on a U.S. carrier? Are you sure it will work in Thailand?

Maybe SGH-I777? It may work in some locations, on certain providers here, on 3G 850? 2100? But most of that has been re-farmed to 4G/LTE. Seems like you'd be better off with a low-priced local phone?

Asked again, for the last time: There is no Thai option in the language settings? Have you tried a third-party Thai keyboard

So you haven't unlocked it, yet?

You'll have to do a bit of research to figure out if you can flash an i9100 ROM. Some of these early AT&T models were unique variants.

You should be able to display Thai characters, and using a third-party keyboard app. you can originate Thai characters.

its a i727 , no pulldown for Thai

no I will get unlock code in a day or so

I think a 3rd party keyboard will work for input , 

but  maybe not when I get SMS in Thai  from True etc

this does have LTE , but not the same as Thailans

Thanks for your help

OK, Skyrocket. Wow, that's an oldie. ca 2011. I wouldn't flash an i9100 ROM on that HW.

4G/LTE won't work here.

For 3G, it may work in some locations, on certain providers here, on 3G 850? 2100? But most of that has been re-farmed to 4G/LTE. Seems like you'd be better off with a low-priced local phone?

You can change provider's SMS language to English, although I think it should display Thai characters.

Archived