ecosport gearbox

overherebc

This morning the car wouldn't start. Seemed like flat battery.

Jump started ok but now have the warning light that the book just explains as 'engine problem'

Getting it transported to pattaya main dealer but just want to know if anyone has had similar and what the problem was.

Post 84 & 85 might give some useful reference info, not the same model I know but it could be a "similar" issue in the Ford range. Just food for thought as they use the same components throughout model ranges where they can.
Maybe flat circuits cause a variety of faults on the Ford?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/990673-Ford-Focus-battery-problems

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Anythingleft? said:

Post 84 & 85 might give some useful reference info, not the same model I know but it could be a "similar" issue in the Ford range. Just food for thought as they use the same components throughout model ranges where they can.
Maybe flat circuits cause a variety of faults on the Ford?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/990673-Ford-Focus-battery-problems

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just have to see now what Ford say. Wife has told to replace the battery before checking.

It's my thought that's the root cause. Always believed once a battery goes flat change it because it will let you down again.

All sorts of systems play up when the battery is on the way out.  Door locks, warning lights, starter motor .... and with Fords .... the gear selector - as it's electronic.

My bet is that a new battery will sort it out.

As with most things in Thailand - you can phone for delivery.  Had a new battery delivered on the back of motorbike last year - swapped out by the delivery guy in 5 minutes - I had my tools ready, but didn't even need to get my hands dirty.

Try that in our home countries - and the cost would be huge - here it was only a few baht on top of the cost of the battery for delivery, fitting and taking the old battery away.  Some times this country ain't so bad. 

Come to think of it - some of the best things about this country are delivered on motorbikes.

Hi there/. join the club?

Had the same problem with mine over New Year! flat battery!

I drove the car outside ok! (cold weather) mine lasted 3.5 years - Ford checked every 3 months on wax cleaning sessions!

went to start again nothing, only a lot of clicking under bonnet and near gearbox? oh dear! (everywhere closed) any way put on a GS battery (showed warning lights - service now).

Only have bottom gear (no sport mode). took it to Ford 3 days later?

PCM gearbox gone? Sh____!

Ford replaced PCM and gearbox under warranty! - FREE - apparently these are covered now for 10 years now! excellent service done same day!

Moral story - don't let your battery run flat!!!!!! I will now change it before due every 2 years now!

otherwise my Ford dealer is the best I have ever had - even in England - GREAT service always!

2 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

otherwise my Ford dealer is the best I have ever had - even in England - GREAT service always!

Just too bad that their products are plagued by a gearbox which they refused to acknowledge was faulty until class action lawsuits started, and now offer a 10 year warranty.

But still cheaper than admitting it is faulty in many models and replacing them all, which is what should have been done.

On 1/24/2018 at 4:44 PM, overherebc said:

Car fitted with a new battery and it took the 'computer' a little while to get itself straight and all is ok.

Next is to remember to stick a new battery in every two years, seems the electronics are a bit sensitive to battery condition.

We were replacing the battery every year with a Ford battery  until we changed to Boliden, now it lasts a good two years.

On 1/24/2018 at 4:44 PM, overherebc said:

Car fitted with a new battery and it took the 'computer' a little while to get itself straight and all is ok.

Next is to remember to stick a new battery in every two years, seems the electronics are a bit sensitive to battery condition.

We were replacing the battery every year with a Ford battery  until we changed to Boliden, now it lasts a good two years.In my experience all things Ford don't last two minutes :sad:

On 1/23/2018 at 3:38 PM, Martinpeter said:

Hi there/. join the club?

Had the same problem with mine over New Year! flat battery!

I drove the car outside ok! (cold weather) mine lasted 3.5 years - Ford checked every 3 months on wax cleaning sessions!

went to start again nothing, only a lot of clicking under bonnet and near gearbox? oh dear! (everywhere closed) any way put on a GS battery (showed warning lights - service now).

Only have bottom gear (no sport mode). took it to Ford 3 days later?

PCM gearbox gone? Sh____!

Ford replaced PCM and gearbox under warranty! - FREE - apparently these are covered now for 10 years now! excellent service done same day!

Moral story - don't let your battery run flat!!!!!! I will now change it before due every 2 years now!

What's a PCM?

We"ve had our TCM changed 4 times since the original and NEVER has it been done same day.

At least 4 days each time then a day to re-program.

Which Ford dealer do you use? They sound too good to be true :laugh:

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, Goldieinkathu said:

What's a PCM?

We"ve had our TCM changed 4 times since the original and NEVER has it been done same day.

At least 4 days each time then a day to re-program.

Which Ford dealer do you use? They sound too good to be true :laugh:

Oops I ment TCM changed and gearbox at same time (same day)

dealer Phetkasem77 branch - now have brand new showroom and workshop facilities

also 3 monthly: wash/wax mop - you pay for - great! car looks like new every time!

16 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

Oops I ment TCM changed and gearbox at same time (same day)

dealer Phetkasem77 branch - now have brand new showroom and workshop facilities

also 3 monthly: wash/wax mop - you pay for - great! car looks like new every time!

Next time it needs changing ( and no doubt it will) I'll mention that to them here in Phuket. I doubt they could even take out the gearbox in one day never mind put it back in :laugh:.

Funny, our car looks like new every time it goes in and looks like shit every time it comes out :sad:.

Last time we called in to pick up some papers in the dash and found the TCM on the passenger seat with nice oil stains where it had laid , such a professional lot they are there :bah:.

IMG-20171204-WA0003.jpg

On 28/01/2018 at 8:38 PM, Goldieinkathu said:

Next time it needs changing ( and no doubt it will) I'll mention that to them here in Phuket. I doubt they could even take out the gearbox in one day never mind put it back in :laugh:.

Funny, our car looks like new every time it goes in and looks like shit every time it comes out :sad:.

Last time we called in to pick up some papers in the dash and found the TCM on the passenger seat with nice oil stains where it had laid , such a professional lot they are there :bah:.

IMG-20171204-WA0003.jpg

Should have made them sort it out.... 

13 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Should have made them sort it out.... 

They sent it off to a "Professional cleaning company" after  I threw a wobbly  , picked it up with still slightly damp seats and it looked ok but after they dried the stain was still there.

They say they'll see to it next time it comes in for a service, watch this space :laugh: they'll probably cut out the stains and patch it up :cheesy: