Last note from murdered Italian to Thai wife: "You said it was love. But you just wanted my money"

webfact

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, blubb said:

A day,  2 adults, check it out https://shoponline.tescolotus.com  or any other

I shop at Tesco and Big C all the time and I can't remember the last time I walked out with a bill for more than 1000 baht.

Do you have a clubcard?  If not would you mind taking mine with you?  The money I'd get back in clubcard vouchers from your shops would probably pay for my entire food bill.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:40 PM, dontoearth said:

I have noticed the successful May-Dec couples are those where the provider has a monthly pension that stops the day he dies!  And little else!  The May member of the duo is made of aware of this often.  

I have known many of these long term couples.

Yes, absolutely true, but many of us bragged about our financial status( real or not) to impress the girls and then..... 

1 hour ago, blubb said:

A day,  2 adults, check it out https://shoponline.tescolotus.com  or any other

Oh, TWO adults, not for one then!

If I wanted to buy expensive imported food every day for two people, and included wine as a food group, I could easily pay more than that.

However, anyone that does so isn't an average shopper/ eater, and definitely not representative of expats in LOS.

2 hours ago, blubb said:

The comfort, life-quality your age and your budget. Choose a hotel is the most difficult task. A place where you spend daily +8h and if this is crap, air-con not working, the walls are so thin, you can hear your neighbors talking or having other activities... whatever ... no way, especially not while I'm on holiday.  

Food, if you ever went to a super market, it is very easy to spend 5,6,7k for food. Good food, not the poisoned something that you usually find on the street corners including bacteria without food control. No No No

The way saving money is, save it on the girls, not on your own. You are the most important person yourself.

A place where you spend daily +8h and if this is crap, air-con not working, the walls are so thin, you can hear your neighbors talking or having other activities..

I've stayed in many hotels under 1,000 a night and about 2 of them were as you describe, and only for one night while waiting for a train or such, so irrelevant.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, TWO adults, not for one then!

There's 2 different posters.  The first one said (implied) they spend 3700 baht a day on food, assume one person.  The other one said 5-7000 a day between 2 people.

Unless you're eating lobster twice a day or you have a 10,000 calorie a day eating habit, I don't see how either is physically possible without including a lot of alcohol, expensive alcohol at that.

3 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

There's 2 different posters.  The first one said (implied) they spend 3700 baht a day on food, assume one person.  The other one said 5-7000 a day between 2 people.

Unless you're eating lobster twice a day or you have a 10,000 calorie a day eating habit, I don't see how either is physically possible without including a lot of alcohol, expensive alcohol at that.

Maybe you getting it wrong, we are more into quality than quantity, of course you can buy the cheap packed steaks (which are properly good too) from the supermarkets or 1/8 cow or a pork from a trustful farmer. You'll see and taste the difference when you drop the steak to your BBQ. You can buy the authentic smoked  .. or original Italian imported salami. You can buy sausages at 7/11 or from Otto, he is very famous for his German sausages. White Asparagus 1st.class 1 kg is 900 bath.... and so on.  

6 hours ago, smew said:

Yes, absolutely true, but many of us bragged about our financial status( real or not) to impress the girls and then..... 

There is no need to impress them get them to impress you!  Who is in charge here?

Always a bad idea!   To brag about wealth.  The girls size you up anyway by asking how much your watch cost?  Do you own a house in your country and car?   What place you are staying at?  What job did you do back home?  What places you are seeing around the country?   You may think you are having polite get to know you conversations.

Believe me there is no need to brag about your financial status the girls are making up a balance sheet in their heads as the first conversation rolls along. They are getting your assets, liabilities and net worth figures together.   I make it a point to say that I live on a pension.  I am 61 so many of the girls don't believe it.  I explain then that is not a big pension cause they said I was not old enough!   I continue with that and let them know it is a long 30 days to wait for each check so I have to be extra careful.  My home is not paid for because property in the west is so expensive. I have to pay the bank every month.   I have a car but it doesn't always run and I prefer the bus and the train in my city to save the money on gasoline.  I wish I had done better in life.  Some girls think this is just fine.  That is the one to go for as she has already accepted lower expectations.

There is no way in hell I would tell them I have bank accounts or stocks or gold or a big home or any other thing of value that can be turned into cash easily.  That kind of talk invites the worst of the worst.  Girls that are thinking their bf could easily knock you off late one night and they could pack up the valuables and provide each other an alibi.  

You see that here far too often.  

In an earlier post I said  many men bring it on themselves.  Think before you speak!   

And the second you start spending money on a date they are adding that right up to determine your standard of living so nothing too fancy.  Don't rent a place at the top of the market either.  That really excites them.

I have a blood pressure cuff in my hotel room and one girl thought I was doctor.  You could see the slot machine eyes going round and round to stop at the cherries.  It took quite a while and showing her it was just a bathroom type advisor  scale for when you take old age drugs.  She repeated old age drugs several times.  Never saw her again!

No money , no honey . 

Do your homework before you start a relationship here , and do not marry until you are 100% sure about her and all her relatives . And don't give her money and look like a one day millionaire. 

10 minutes ago, balo said:

No money , no honey . 

Do your homework before you start a relationship here , and do not marry until you are 100% sure about her and all her relatives . And don't give her money and look like a one day millionaire. 

How can you ever possibly be '100% sure about her and all her relatives'? Really some of you guys make me laugh. Just live your life and don't be so paranoid about everything. Enjoy yourself and don't go out of your way to hurt people. You don't live long, life is too short to over analyze everything.

If things don't seem to be working out, say your goodbyes and move on. The next one is never far away.

Edited by Fish Head Soup

7 hours ago, balo said:

No money , no honey . 

Yes, too many one day millionaires here and then when reality kicks in and stop or reduce spendings  gf thinks being cheap and .....and that’s when gf recognize the age gap and it’s beginning to bother them....

On 1/23/2018 at 11:28 AM, isaanbanhou said:

relationship advice or an excerpt from a dog training manual?

Similar technique, firm but gentle and NEVER spoil them, treats occasionally.  Problem with women is... they talk and then boast; then their so called mates get jealous, and you get all the "you wanna do this, and you should get that" isolated no probs.

On 1/23/2018 at 11:05 AM, Orton Rd said:

Many of us could have that carved on our tomb stones :sleep:

In all fairness to Thailand, this is not exclusive to the Thais. There are gold diggers worldwide'  , some are just less subtle than others.

On 27.1.2018 at 3:07 AM, balo said:

No money , no honey . 

no honey, MORE money