Last note from murdered Italian to Thai wife: "You said it was love. But you just wanted my money"

webfact

Last note from murdered Italian to Thai wife: "You said it was love. But you just wanted my money"

4pm2.jpg

Picture: Tnews

Thai media reported that a final note from a murdered Italian to his Thai wife had been found.

It said: "You said it was love. But you just wanted my money. I never met anybody as bad as you"

Police in Phichit said the evidence in the case of the murder of Italian Giuseppe de Stafani, 61, clearly points to his wife Rutjira and her French boyfriend.

9(198).jpg

But in a further twist Tnews said that "two or three other people" may be involved in the murder.

Rutjjira Iamlamai and the Frenchman were reportedly arrested in Tak after the body of Giuseppe was found cut up and charred by burning tires near a reservoir in Bueng Narang sub district.

4pm1.jpg

Phichit chief Pol Maj Gen Tawatchai Muannara said that the evidence was clear both that the victim was the Italian and that he had been murdered.

Tnews said that a foreign brand of cigarettes that are not sold in Thailand and were smoked by the victim were found at the site.

They also reported that the French national was an illegal immigrant on a blacklist.

The couple believed to be responsible fled west in a Toyota Yaris. The victim would have been 61 on Monday and was believed killed Friday.

It was not reported where the note was found but police and forensic teams have been all over several locations.

Source: Tnews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Many of us could have that carved on our tomb stones :sleep:

Yes but you see it more often by large age gap relations (not all of course before i get crucified here for telling it as it is). Good real large age gap relations exists but its like winning the lottery everyone talks about it but few actually win. 

In almost all of these stories where an g/f wife kills her husband there is a large age gap and the lady is after the money.

Only thing i can say about this.. be careful.. evaluate your relationship to see if your just a meal ticket or if she genuinely wants to stay with you. 

Then the old (and told many times) saying make sure your not worth more dead then alive. 

I really hope the ex wife and this French guy get the harshest punishment there is. 

The Thai interpretation of love is a little different than the one we are indoctrinated with, takes a while to come to that realization, the learning can be very costly both in emotions and hard cash!

7 minutes ago, petedk said:

How about making a few thousand photocopies of that letter and handing it to foreign men as they arrive at the airport?

Sad story though. Similar stories of murder or suicide seem to happen far too often.

or falling off balconies, or falling out of tuk tuks, or being run over, or being killed riding a scooter, or sleepimng on a matress soaked in DDT,  or falling off a cliff, if you get my drift.   Have you ever seen the website 'farang deaths' ?

Murder by spouse (et al) is actually not the leading cause of death for farnag.

Do you suggest handing out flyers to bar girls warning them they may be thrown off balconies?

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Only thing i can say about this.. be careful.. evaluate your relationship to see if your just a meal ticket or if she genuinely wants to stay with you. 

It's very simple.  Just don't pay for her or her family at any time.  If she has no job/money then just pay for the very basics; food, water, transport.  If she sticks around for a while then you know it's for you as a person and maybe then you can start buying her gifts etc.

This is an easy litmus test which always gives accurate results, and it doesn't take long.  Yet I see so many guys spending years with their partners without ever really knowing if the girl is there for the money, until it's too late.

2 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

It's very simple.  Just don't pay for her or her family at any time.  If she has no job/money then just pay for the very basics; food, water, transport.  If she sticks around for a while then you know it's for you as a person and maybe then you can start buying her gifts etc.

This is an easy litmus test which always gives accurate results, and it doesn't take long.  Yet I see so many guys spending years with their partners without ever really knowing if the girl is there for the money, until it's too late.

I agree first test for a while.. though if they are in it for the long con then your test still wont work. But at least it helps.

3 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

relationship advice or an excerpt from a dog training manual?

Thai girls on a con job won't be in it for the long haul after a week of frugal living.  There are so many marks, they'll just go to an easier target.

A lot of foreign guys live in really nice condos, they're like palaces compared to where the average Isaan girl lives.  Even just that on its own is enough for a girl to stick around.  Take her back to a 3000 a month apartment with no aircon or flush toilet and see if she meets you again.

Was talking to a girl off one of the dating sites and she agreed to meet me in my apartment.  She was already on her way on the BTS and I mentioned offhand that my room had no aircon because she said it was hot outside.  She cancelled there and then and never spoke to me again.

Another girl we were going to go down to the south islands for a trip and she asked me where we would stay.  I said I don't care where I stay when I go on a trip because I don't spend much time in the hotel.  She suggested a 3700 baht a night place with a jacuzzi.  I countered with an 800 baht a night hotel (steep by my standards actually).  She cancelled the trip.

It's easy to suss out the golddiggers.

Probably best to assume that, at the very least, money plays a "significant part" in the attraction that males have (in most societies) for women.

Sorry to those fellows whose vanity, like the vanity of the central character (Verloc) in Conrads novel "The Secret Agent", leads them to believe themselves loved entirely for......."themselves".

Do not take it too personally if her love falters and she finds a better deal, it's just "business".

Edited by Enoon

Just now, Enoon said:

Probably best to assume that, at the very least, money plays a "significant part" in the attraction that males have (in most societies) for women.

It's obvious to say but the girls with no job/lazy/lethargic attitude tend to be the ones for whom money is an attraction, because they don't have any of their own.  These types of girls are often the ones who work in bars because they're too lazy to stand on their feet for 10 hours a day.  Girls with a job already have money so are less likely to want more of it.

Also age probably plays a part.  Younger women (20-somethings) are probably less concerned about money whereas older women will be planning for their futures/families/buying a house/eventual retirement.

39 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but you see it more often by large age gap relations (not all of course before i get crucified here for telling it as it is). Good real large age gap relations exists but its like winning the lottery everyone talks about it but few actually win. 

In almost all of these stories where an g/f wife kills her husband there is a large age gap and the lady is after the money.

Then the old (and told many times) saying make sure your not worth more dead then alive. 

I really hope the ex wife and this French guy get the harshest punishment there is. 

21 year age gap between me and my Thai partner, nearly 9 years together, is that long enough to guarantee she genuinely wants to stay, or is she in it for the "long haul"?  She's going to get just about everything when I cark it, so maybe she's just the patient type?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

21 year age gap between me and my Thai partner, nearly 9 years together, is that long enough to guarantee she genuinely wants to stay, or is she in it for the "long haul"?  She's going to get just about everything when I cark it, so maybe she's just the patient type?

I have no idea.. I hope for your sake you know. I just posted some generalities that are true. I don't presume to know the ins and outs of everyone their relations. Never said all age gap relations are doomed to fail or to end up in murder.

Just mentioned that in the news articles we read about most murders there is almost always a big age gap. Can't recall many that have no age gap or were of similar age. But there must be countless age gap relations and not all of them end in murder. I do think that a lot of them are based on money (not bad just not my choice). I got an age gap too with my current gf. 14 years. 

10 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Sorry to those fellows whose vanity, like the vanity of the central character (Verloc) in Conrads novel "The Secret Agent", leads them to believe themselves loved entirely for......."themselves".

Do not take it too personally if her love falters and she finds a better deal, it's just "business".

"Probably best to assume that, at the very least, money plays a "significant part" in the attraction that males have (in most societies) for women."

I dont think money is the first thing Males,find attractive in women,it depends if 

they are walking towards you or away,for the red blooded male anyway.

regards worgeordie

35 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Take her back to a 3000 a month apartment with no aircon or flush toilet and see if she meets you again.

I'd be worried about one that would stick around with me in a $90 a month apartment.  That's "whole boiled rabbit for dinner" worrisome.

I have a Mate who lives further North that married a woman 27 years younger than himself.  In the last eight years he has bought land (from her family) built a very nice home and gardens with pond's etc, outbuildings etc and 'loaned' money to members of her family on several occasions.   He also fully supports her old age Mother and Father, who have been separated for fifteen years and now after eight years of spend, spend, his savings are running short.   This has caused arguments as the wife can no longer keep handing cash to family in bundles as she always has, both in front of him and behind his back.  During one recent argument she said to him the famous words 'no money, no honey', followed by ''My family will always be more important than you '', which after all he has done left him devastated .

My advice to him has been to cut himself free before what he has left vanishes and go back home to his own family, who never wanted him to come and live here from the start.   

I've been married to a very hardworking Thai woman for ten years and she has never been a money grabber or allowed her family to take money from me, so i consider myself a very lucky man but there has to be an element of making your own luck and i chose carefully over several years and kept the age gap a whole lot closer.

44 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Was talking to a girl off one of the dating sites and she agreed to meet me in my apartment.  She was already on her way on the BTS and I mentioned offhand that my room had no aircon because she said it was hot outside.  She cancelled there and then and never spoke to me again.

Were you telling the truth about the lack of AC, or, just telling a fib as a way of sussing out gold diggers???

40 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

speak for yourself.

all of my thai partners have been fine.

Same here. 19 years in this jolly meuang thai. Never paid a dime (for "love"). Maybe because i was 25 when i came here, with a good job and good-looking and the ladies i was hanging out with were not of the bar"tender"-type ? ?. Rip to that Italian bloke. 

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Were you telling the truth about the lack of AC, or, just telling a fib as a way of sussing out gold diggers???

I didn't have AC at that apartment.  My current place has AC but I rarely use it because if a girl asks to switch it on I ask her for 10 baht at which point she leaves.