Last note from murdered Italian to Thai wife: "You said it was love. But you just wanted my money"

webfact

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Only thing i can say about this.. be careful.. evaluate your relationship to see if your just a meal ticket or if she genuinely wants to stay with you. 

I think when people are older there is an acceptance that everything is a compromise.  Many follow their small head but their big head knows that and also knows there is always a price to pay, eventually.  

It could be argued that they prefer to think that they are not actually paying for sex and companionship alone and that, in many cases is true.  The relationship can be much more and often there is an emotional side to it too.  As long as you don't lose touch with the reality of the relationship there is no reason why it cannot last as long (or longer) as any normal marriage.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, caulfield2 said:

she started going clubbing and hanging out after work most of the time because she'd never had that type of freedom back home with her stepfather.

I think this is a concern.  If a girl is sweet and lovely in Thailand, will she still be like that in a Western country, or will you end up with the opposite of what you wanted?

3 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

It’s always about the money in 99.99 cases. 

I remember On my own experience from a very close and kind person a friend of mine who was dating this half Thai and German lady, her mother who was married before left her family with the Thai husband two kids and flew to Germany falsifying marriage ( she used to work in a bar ) and her daughter half Thai and half German was no no exceptions.

her mother uses to ask her every time My friend took her out what she got with her back as gift or in cash ! Both of them leaves in Schefflenz, in Germany now and every time they are on vacation dies the same , look for foreign victims and when they suck them out , go for another target.

i don’t blame these farangs if they happen to trust people and believe to be in love though I wish they realize it doesn’t exist here.

RIP. Truly sad what people can do for money in the name of love 

it doesn't exist here LOL what a load of shit 555

2 hours ago, SGD said:

If Bt800 is steep then truly, you need to re-evaluate your benchmarks as that is existence level, not holiday style.

Isn't he entitled to choose a level of spending that he feels comfortable with, and try and find a girl that is happy with that?  Some people see the trip and the destination as the most important bit, and the hotel just as a place to sleep.  Why spend an extra 2000ish baht if you don't need/want to?

37 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Given that you see twenty-something girls looking for a 60+ man with a pension, this is very likely.

Tell her there has been a financial situation and she will get nothing when you die and see what happens.

I think I've been around the block often enough to know if she's only in it for the money, but that won't convince the doubting Thomases of course.

38 minutes ago, Italian guy said:

A comment I would expect from a primary student... Aren't you able to put things in chronological order?

No, apparently I am not as clever as you.

So please put me out of my misery, have they been arrested or not? Fled then arrested? Or arrested then fled?

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I think I've been around the block often enough to know if she's only in it for the money, but that won't convince the doubting Thomases of course.

Love is like modern art, if you stare at it long enough you can see what you want.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Love is like modern art, if you stare at it long enough you can see what you want.

So I've been under an illusion for nearly 9 years? The problem with a lot of members here, probably because of their own dismal track record with relationships, is that they refuse to believe that a falang and a Thai woman can have a relationship where the falang doesn't get ripped off. Sad.

Edited by giddyup

5 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Was talking to a girl off one of the dating sites and she agreed to meet me in my apartment.  She was already on her way on the BTS and I mentioned offhand that my room had no aircon because she said it was hot outside.  She cancelled there and then and never spoke to me again.

Another girl we were going to go down to the south islands for a trip and she asked me where we would stay.  I said I don't care where I stay when I go on a trip because I don't spend much time in the hotel.  She suggested a 3700 baht a night place with a jacuzzi.  I countered with an 800 baht a night hotel (steep by my standards actually).  She cancelled the trip.

It's easy to suss out the golddiggers.

Who was paying?

We're these women 15 years younger than you, btw?  

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

So I've been under an illusion for nearly 9 years? The problem with a lot of members here, probably because of their own dismal track record with relationships, is that they refuse to believe that a falang and a Thai woman can have relationship where the falang doesn't get ripped off. Sad.

It wasn't necessarily meant to be negative,I have been with my partner for 11 years and we have a son together but let us be realistic, after a time the first flush of love should turn to respect and friendship. Love is not a duty but many will childishly want to read it into a relationship when it has already turned to something else.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So I've been under an illusion for nearly 9 years? The problem with a lot of members here, probably because of their own dismal track record with relationships, is that they refuse to believe that a falang and a Thai woman can have a relationship where the falang doesn't get ripped off. Sad.

16 years here.

Golden rule - NEVER get married to a Thai until you've lived here for 5 years. Also, NEVER buy a house until you've been married at least 5 years.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

16 years here.

Golden rule - NEVER get married to a Thai until you've lived here for 5 years. Also, NEVER buy a house until you've been married at least 5 years.

Well I never got married for pension purposes, but I did buy a house within 6 months of living here, and never regretted it for a minute.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It wasn't necessarily meant to be negative,I have been with my partner for 11 years and we have a son together but let us be realistic, after a time the first flush of love should turn to respect and friendship. Love is not a duty but many will childishly want to read it into a relationship when it has already turned to something else.

That is why you don't look for the pretties girl on the block but for one that shares interests and matches you. Love will change but if you got enough common ground things should go well. I made relationship mistakes in the past (not in Thailand) I learned from it. 

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You are correct, love is fleeting, but hopefully it turns into mutual respect and caring.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Well I never got married for pension purposes, but I did buy a house within 6 months of living here, and never regretted it for a minute.

I bought a house too quickly after arriving here.. kept it in the divorce.. so the golden rule is not 100% right. Still I think that rule is sensible. 

It is really hard to judge how often this happens. 
There have been some horrible cases of murder reported in Thailand involving situations like this and of course they make big news. We really don't hear of the 'good'marriages because there is nothing newsworthy about normal situations.

I do know this- that most cross cultural marriages end in divorce. It is extremely hard for both parties to adjust to different cultural idiosyncrasies.I am also certain that Thai girls working in a bar are not the best life partners to seek. Don't get me wrong- I understand completely why they work there but long term bar girls pick up all the bad habits of their customers and they experience a cultural change that is hard to overcome. Then you add in the age difference and language/communication problems small issues become exaggerated.

After 3 marriages to Thais- 1 has been good ; another pretty good and another horrid-  I would not necessarily recommend a cross cultural marriage unless both parties speak excellent Thai/and the girl speaks good English and is willing to learn a third language if English is not native. In addition- a lengthy engagement is necessary to see if there is compatibility.

After almost 5 decades in Thailand- I can say for sure that this case is an exception- normally marriages or relationships do not end in murder but there are plenty that end in heartache and despair.  RIP to the deceased and may anyone associated with the murder get the harsh justice they deserve.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:
10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I bought a house too quickly after arriving here.. kept it in the divorce.. so the golden rule is not 100% right. Still I think that rule is sensible. 

I'm happy for anyone who's living the dream here.  Really, I am.

But if you lined up 100 guys who bought or built their house or condo within 6 months, how many would say they never regretted it?  In fact, how many are still in the homes they built, and how many lost them to all the things that can go wrong in Thailand?  

Edit:  I had a chuckle at myself when I read the part about building a house in the first 6 months.  One co-worker is still building on his 16 months after they started.

Edited by impulse

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm happy for anyone whose living the dream here.  Really, I am.

But if you lined up 100 guys who bought their house within 6 months, how many would say they never regretted it?  In fact, how many are still in the homes they built, and how many lost them to all the things that can go wrong in Thailand?  

I don't know, does anybody? Sometimes I think these bad luck (bad judgement) stories get magnified out of all proportion. Not to say it doesn't happen, but in what numbers, who knows? If you did a survey of failed marriages in Australia, or the UK, or US, you might find a lot of guys that have been burned as well.

Edited by giddyup

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Many of us could have that carved on our tomb stones :sleep:

So sad although quite a regular occurrence. Personally, I've met a lot of Thai Goldiggers that made me cringe somewhat.Especially, once I had them sussed. Being honest, never met anyone in the UK paying her family and only until it became a Divorce situation you face a snake. Money comes first in this country and Love comes secondary. If you don't believe that policy, try not paying her or family members and see where your darling's true feelings lay....................

Edited by ScotBkk