Prayut defends Prawit over expensive watches

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Ricardo said:

I do hope that the former-soldier PM's loyalty to his colleague is not misplaced.

Caesar's wife, or his deputy-PM, needs to be seen to be above suspicion, not untouchable. :wink:

That is exactly the point.  The PM and all of his cabinet, as they lecture the country regarding the evils of corruption, must themselves be completely above suspicion.  All the Prawit case exemplifies is that they are not above suspicion, but instead seem to be waist deep in the muck while they attempt to convince the public that they are simply engaging in mud-baths for personal health!  Nice story.  Nobody is buying it.
And as nature tends to provide examples and lessons, this is probably just the proverbial tip of the iceberg.

Edited by connda

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny, instead of this never ending my watch is bigger than yours, they should do something about the air pollution here.

A easy solution is 0 reaction, do not feed the trolls, my answer would be you are not my father.

Mr Prayut, your command is required to end this funny thing. Only the jealous under us continue...punish them not listen to your command. 

15 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

There is no evidence that WC ever said that.  In 1919 however Mark Twain said "a lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots" #justsayin.

As a Public Servant, he cannot divorce his private life from his high profile appointment, where the public looks to him to set the highest possible standards.  It is there for all to see and if there are suspicions about his character, at the least he should be suspended until the matter is properly investigated and for the PM to support him will only discredit him too in the eyes of the people.

42 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

The Prime Minister Should answer questions about the watches to the media

It is his responsibility to the Thai people

nope he isn't and it shouldn't matter for you too. Next you want to know about his underwear?  Funny you 

2 minutes ago, blubb said:

nope he isn't and it shouldn't matter for you too. Next you want to know about his underwear?  Funny you 

The possible corruption of one of his ministers isn't the PM's business?

Prayut need to shut up not cover up.The nation is entitled to an explanation of how he aquired a fortune inwatches,The first excuse about belonging to a friend that lent it to him,That in my opinion is pure hogwash,not only that it is an insult to expect the nation to believe such trash.We already know the country is steeped in corruption,but to read this-HIT is beyond belief.I have checked outside and cannot see another visable planet,but it is obviously somewhere,maybe buried underground where the other fellow was hiding his 2 billion BAHT.and 2 billion worth of statuettes.Should make a good series,and no need to edit.

Many good observations here. Like one observed, that money was part of the national budget before it was siphoned off (or kicked back). 

If the world news media really is "watch"ing, I'm sure we can expect an interesting documentary in a year or two. 

Both of these men are filthier than the average Thai or ex-pat can imagine. And both deserve to get canned, have their passports revoked, and get kicked out of the country permanently, for the harm they have brought to their nation. Will it ever happen? Of course not. And will Prawit ever lose his job? Only if he wants to quit. Filth is expected of these men.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pressure is building on Prawit despite a former military officer’s revelation confirming the deputy prime minister’s account of the origins of the watches: that they belonged to a friend from secondary school who had subsequently died.

Can dead people own things?