Australian mother accused of murdering adult children

webfact

Australian mother accused of murdering adult children

An Australian woman has been accused of murdering two of her children and torturing a third, in alleged crimes that spanned at least five years.

Maree Crabtree, 51, was arrested on Queensland's Gold Coast on Wednesday.

Police allege she killed her daughter, 18, in 2012, and her son, 26, last year. Both had disabilities.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42798868

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-01-24

11 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Lock her up and throw the key.

Locking her up and throwing the key is a ridiculous statement, why not think just a little deeper.

the mother gave birth to two offspring with disabilities, she is likely suffering from severe mental issues and should have been on the radar, and given attention.

13 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Locking her up and throwing the key is a ridiculous statement, why not think just a little deeper.

the mother gave birth to two offspring with disabilities, she is likely suffering from severe mental issues and should have been on the radar, and given attention.

Whilst I agree with the tragedy of this family from the onset I just cannot find it in me to give any forgiveness to a murderer based on mental issues.  When you kill someone you know what you are doing and in most cases you look into their eyes as their life dissolves.  The only forgiveness that I could possibly find for her is the misguided idea that maybe she was dying herself and who would be around to care for her kids.

46 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Yeah, of course! Defend everybody with mental issues. You can still lock somebody up in a mental hospital and throw the key. Luckily!

10 hours ago, DipStick said:

Media reports mother had taken out insurance for the murdered children, police are pursuing this line of enquiry. She had already received payment of $500k for her murdered son who was a narcotics addict.  Police are also alleging mother tortured the surviving daughter.

Edited by simple1

15 hours ago, Somebodee said:

If invading other countries and killing their children isn't enough, aussies have to go and kill their own children:sleepy:

What's got under you're skin bud,,,, got some proof or you just got brainless damage,,,,,

15 hours ago, Somebodee said:

If invading other countries and killing their children isn't enough, aussies have to go and kill their own children:sleepy:

I guessing, but I don't think all Australians kill their offspring. Probably a one off rather than the norm?