Ive decided to sell my shares on Nasdaq.

On 1/25/2018 at 4:41 PM, yogavnture said:

so u followed thru on 1.24. 2018 . at least you seem honest in your statements.  the Nasdaq closed down .61% yesterday so u picked a bad day to sell........closed at 7415,   lets see how these weeks go with these numbers . and we will see if your decision was a good one

Ok so its been a few weeks. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/sp-500-suffers-rapid-5-percent-drop-history-shows-it-may-struggle-some-more.html

I sold my shares a few weeks ago at $190 and now pre-market its $178. I got lucky. I think its nothing compared to whats going to happen this yr. 

Next time I think you should be careful about all your silly comments on page 1 and 2. Please re-read them all and learn not to be such a <deleted>. 

many thanks from all thaivisa.com users. 

3 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/sp-500-suffers-rapid-5-percent-drop-history-shows-it-may-struggle-some-more.html

I sold my shares a few weeks ago at $190 and now pre-market its $178. I got lucky. I think its nothing compared to whats going to happen this yr. 

Next time I think you should be careful about all your silly comments on page 1 and 2. Please re-read them all and learn not to be such a <deleted>. 

i suspect you are old so if that is the case you got out at top. that is honorable and good. good work. im young. if everybody did what you did and ran when the markets go down. then we would have a real problem.  you cannot speak for others. only yourself. so dont say thanks for others when u dont know that fact......if a person is old, they want to get out for good at a high . you did that . good work. i hope your business goes well. i stayed in and the markets will rebound as they have for 100years. i wouldn't say you were lucky. u got out cause u are old and u got out at a high. good work. now dont lose the money on any stupid business ideas.  be smart

Just now, yogavnture said:

i suspect you are old so if that is the case you got out at top. that is honorable and good. good work. im young. if everybody did what you did and ran when the markets go down. then we would have a real problem.  you cannot speak for others. only yourself. so dont say thanks for others when u dont know that fact......if a person is old, they want to get out for good at a high . you did that . good work. i hope your business goes well. i stayed in and the markets will rebound as they have for 100years. i wouldn't say you were lucky. u got out cause u are old and u got out at a high. good work. now dont lose the money on any stupid business ideas.  be smart

ps. its not about a day or a week. its about the long haul. thats what matters. think big and long term . not small and short term. the markets are already rebounding 

10 hours ago, yogavnture said:

no need for speculation. markets go down they go up. now they are going down. then they will go up. 

then they will go down then they will go up. stay in dont time it. i suspect the originator of this thread is elderly. so he got out at a good top.  good job.  but im young . imnot ready to finishout the markets for good. 50% of businesses fail. seems to me the markets have better odds than that

12 hours ago, yogavnture said:

ps. its not about a day or a week. its about the long haul. thats what matters. think big and long term . not small and short term. the markets are already rebounding 

People have different reasons and different time horizons when investing, and that's partly why some people pull out early I believe (amongst other things of course).

This was one of the potential problem areas when I was running an investment division and we used to train our advisers to meet with the clients and discuss certain things, one being, "what was the initial goal of the funds in the investment, and how long they anticipate the funds being invested".

When the clients re-visited their original goal and risk profile and realised that they were saving for their retirement and that was say 20 or 30 years away, we would recommend they stayed in their investment and provide information to show that indeed stock markets had their peaks and troughs, but over the long run, it was a positive trait.

Different for older folk who had put lump sums in in order to "make money", but then again if their time horizon was short we would not recommend riskier/volatile investments.

We had just this scenario in the 99/2000 tech stock crash when people were panicking and the Dow was at nearly 12,000 and dropped quite markedly. However by 2006 it was back to the pre-crash value and people who stayed in lost nothing, however those who decided to pull out actually crystallised their losses and obviously lost out.

From 2006 until the present date, the Dow has doubled, and some, this despite some peaks and troughs along the way, and that's how it goes.

In the 1929 crash the Dow fell to 230 (23% drop) and this was followed by further drops and although it took 19 years to recover, recover it did.

As for trying to time the market by pulling funds out and then reinvesting, well that really doesn't work and this article (click the link) explains it better than I could......  

https://www.ifa.com/12steps/step4/missing_the_best_and_worst_days/ 

If you are in for the long run, then stay the long run, however if you are in for the short term, then select investments which are not stock market -related (unless you are a trader).

• Like 1

if everybody did what you did and ran when the markets go down. then we would have a real problem. 

You've reiterated this is several posts, that staying in the market is a moral issue, as if people joining hands and singing Kumbaya is what makes stock prices go up. But since when is stock market investing about altruism? The whole premise of capitalism is that everyone acting in their own self interest benefits the economy as a whole. And if you don't believe in capitalism, then it's a bit hypocritical to be investing in the stock market.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

You've reiterated this is several posts, that staying in the market is a moral issue, as if people joining hands and singing Kumbaya is what makes stock prices go up. But since when is stock market investing about altruism? The whole premise of capitalism is that everyone acting in their own self interest benefits the economy as a whole. And if you don't believe in capitalism, then it's a bit hypocritical to be investing in the stock market.

so u disagree with me that if the one percenters got out every trough. it would make it worse for all. yes or no. no kumbaya needed.....collective good is good

Just now, yogavnture said:

so u disagree with me that if the one percenters got out every trough. it would make it worse for all. yes or no. no kumbaya needed.....collective good is good

i could have made money on this last down. i could have got out on Friday and got in on tues. and made money. but history has shown. that gotta be lucky enuf at this 51% of the time to make it worth it. dont want to lose on the down AND the up. i still might try it next time . this time was perfect. we all saw friday and Monday coming . but then on tues. the futures said dow down 1000 points and it actually ended up positive. i think a few rich people manipulate this ..........who were the winners on this downturn. old people who were ready to get out for good and got out on Friday for good.  good for them

19 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

ps . dont follow the news. its all rigged so people like you react to that news. the markets do thier own thing in general. although this was just a steam letting . i can assure you that the 1 percenters did nothing and lost no sleep during the past days . none

1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

ps . dont follow the news. its all rigged so people like you react to that news. the markets do thier own thing in general. although this was just a steam letting . i can assure you that the 1 percenters did nothing and lost no sleep during the past days . none

still there are plenty of people licking their wounds

XIV Trader Loses $4 Million And 3 Years Of Work Overnight: Here Is His Story

https://www.reddit.com/r/tradeXIV/?count=26&before=t3_7vo6sj

I guess you never expect it until it hits you. You always hear stories about how people get cancer and how people get randomly killed in the street or about how they lose all their money, but sometimes you find it hard to believe that it will happen to you.

I started with 50k and traded all the way to 4 mill over 2.5 years, started using more and more margin, started taking it less less seriously, what could go wrong? Arrogance. Stupidity.

Ah well. Thanks for the kind words though. They are more comforting than you realise.

1 minute ago, midas said:

still there are plenty of people licking their wounds

XIV Trader Loses $4 Million And 3 Years Of Work Overnight: Here Is His Story

https://www.reddit.com/r/tradeXIV/?count=26&before=t3_7vo6sj

Midas, you must be slightly aggrieved that your (you and Zero Hedge)  long forecasted financial meltdown hasn't actually happened, perhaps next time!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Midas, you must be slightly aggrieved that your (you and Zero Hedge)  long forecasted financial meltdown hasn't actually happened, perhaps next time!

Why would I be aggrieved ?:giggle: I'm very entertained

• Like 1

I agree that most investors are better off dollar-cost averaging into stocks and holding them through thick & thin rather than jumping in and out of the market, but I disagree that it is somehow duplicitous for someone to do otherwise.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:59 AM, yogavnture said:

generally is key word here. no one knows what the markets do.

quote from richard duncans website:

Between now and the end of 2019, the Fed will extract more than $1 trillion from the financial markets through Quantitative Tightening.  Just as Quantitative Easing created money and pushed asset prices higher, Quantitative Tightening will destroy money and cause asset prices to fall.  Market participants are still greatly underestimating the damage that the destruction of $1 trillion is likely to inflict on asset prices over the next 24 months.  In fact, if the Fed continues to tighten in line with its current plans, asset prices could crash, credit could contract and the economy could fall back into severe recession. 

Quantitative Tightening will also be expensive.  It will cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade.  There is a much cheaper way for the Fed to accomplish its goals.  This video explains how it should be done.

Monetary Policy is the government’s most effective economic policy tool.  It is also the most important factor driving asset prices.  This two-part Macro Watch series lays out everything you need to know about how the government conducted Monetary Policy in the past and how it is conducting Monetary Policy now.  This is invaluable information for those who want to anticipate the direction that Monetary Policy will take in the future.  Investors who can do that successfully are likely to be very handsomely rewarded.

Macro Watch subscribers can log in and watch this video now It is 20 minutes long and contains 35 downloadable charts.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:54 PM, yogavnture said:

then they will go down then they will go up. stay in dont time it. i suspect the originator of this thread is elderly. so he got out at a good top.  good job.  but im young . imnot ready to finishout the markets for good. 50% of businesses fail. seems to me the markets have better odds than that

You sound young... I'm guessing by your comments you're in your 20s . Actually I'm not that elderly compared to the average farang in LOS. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

quote from richard duncans website:

Between now and the end of 2019, the Fed will extract more than $1 trillion from the financial markets through Quantitative Tightening.  Just as Quantitative Easing created money and pushed asset prices higher, Quantitative Tightening will destroy money and cause asset prices to fall.  Market participants are still greatly underestimating the damage that the destruction of $1 trillion is likely to inflict on asset prices over the next 24 months.  In fact, if the Fed continues to tighten in line with its current plans, asset prices could crash, credit could contract and the economy could fall back into severe recession. 

Quantitative Tightening will also be expensive.  It will cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade.  There is a much cheaper way for the Fed to accomplish its goals.  This video explains how it should be done.

Monetary Policy is the government’s most effective economic policy tool.  It is also the most important factor driving asset prices.  This two-part Macro Watch series lays out everything you need to know about how the government conducted Monetary Policy in the past and how it is conducting Monetary Policy now.  This is invaluable information for those who want to anticipate the direction that Monetary Policy will take in the future.  Investors who can do that successfully are likely to be very handsomely rewarded.

Macro Watch subscribers can log in and watch this video now It is 20 minutes long and contains 35 downloadable charts.

hows your new business going. what do u care u are out? 

1 minute ago, ghworker2010 said:

You sound young... I'm guessing by your comments you're in your 20s . Actually I'm not that elderly compared to the average farang in LOS. 

can u hear me?  i can see your pic. with young thai woman. thus i figured u were old. im happy u got out at a top. now invest wisely in your business. be careful maybe the thai wife will take it and run

2 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

I care bc when the market crashes Im going to buy back in when everything is on sale. 

good luck timing the market .when is your prediction of when everything is on sale?

my advisor tells me to not time the market

5 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

hows your new business going. what do u care u are out? 

its an up day so i suppose u wont say much. u only state things on down days. how u are so right and smart. on the down days. then on the up days u dont say a word.??????hmm 

55 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

can u hear me?  i can see your pic. with young thai woman. thus i figured u were old. im happy u got out at a top. now invest wisely in your business. be careful maybe the thai wife will take it and run

That's a ladyboy in the picture.... 

i dont have to check the markets anymore. i just come to thai visa and if its been a down day the op has posted. if its an up day he wont post

It's common for people to talk about their winning trades more than their losers. What's less common is people feeling as threatened by that as you appear to be. The OP sold his stocks and feels good about it on days that the markets get hammered, so sue him.
  • Thanks 1