Thaivisa exclusive: Norwegian man 'framed by Thai cops' says he has proof of innocence - he was in prison at the time of the crime

webfact

6 hours ago, smew said:

Absolute correct you are!! O agree with you 100%, no love there when she has to sleep with the man older than her father....love of money maybe... yet we are so naive and gullible thinking that our individual case is different.... how absurd we old men are! Would we as young men get into a relationship with women say 20 yrs older when we were in our early thirties..? . I would not 

I will agree with you, that I would’t have  even contemplated living with a women 20yrs older than myself. Likewise I would never contemplate, now that I am much older, living with a women who is only 20yrs younger. We are all different, and that goes for both men and women.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, toughlove said:

Yes. Show me one example of anyone having their assets stolen in THEIR NAME.

Of course fools with joint bank accounts and who bought a house in wifeys name are excluded.

Fraud happens here of course like anywhere else in the world that's to be expected

You have hit the nail on the head Mr. Love.  There was at least one or more cases where forgery as taken place and restitution was lackluster.  Reliance on local courts and law enforcement for your safety would be considered foolish as well.  Thais do not bring money into Thailand if they can help it.  Why would anybody?  Many Thais have accounts in Singapore or Hong Kong.

Isn't it weird what a ""I love u 2 match" can produce for a dishonest person? how many times did they have sex? 10 million divided by, let's say 1,000 times...it's still a hell lot of a money for a few minutes of fun. 

Let's see.

10 million divided by 1,000 is still 10 K for one time housewife- sex. Even if he'd have had 5,000 times sex, he could have had the best looking from Soi xxxxxx for 2 K a number...throw your calculators away before you build a house, please. :shock1:

Sex.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

You have hit the nail on the head Mr. Love.  There was at least one or more cases where forgery as taken place and restitution was lackluster.  Reliance on local courts and law enforcement for your safety would be considered foolish as well.  Thais do not bring money into Thailand if they can help it.  Why would anybody?  Many Thais have accounts in Singapore or Hong Kong.

Why on earth would a thai open an account in Singapore unless they had a business or a better interest rate with big money.

Are you implying that thai banks are collapsing? Nothing I've seen in the news supports that.

Nearly all your posts are thai bashing but let's keep it real. I'm pretty sure thais don't discuss where they hide their money with you. As a farang That's totally absurd and your not doing your reputation any favors.

9 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Why on earth would a thai open an account in Singapore unless they had a business or a better interest rate with big money.

Are you implying that thai banks are collapsing? Nothing I've seen in the news supports that.

Nearly all your posts are thai bashing but let's keep it real. I'm pretty sure thais don't discuss where they hide their money with you. As a farang That's totally absurd and your not doing your reputation any favors.

Thai banks are not collapsing.  They are just not as good as Hong Kong or Singapore banks.  They offer less opportunities and services. 

Also, if you have a lot of money stacked in a bank account in Thailand, you have a tendency to fall off highly placed balconies.

Do you know why Thais tell people like me they have off shore accounts?  Because when they are paid, they ask where the money is coming from.  If it is coming from off shore, they wish in to not to be sent to Thailand.   It is doubtful that we run in the same circles in Thailand. 

Thai banks are not collapsing.  They are just not as good as Hong Kong or Singapore banks.  They offer less opportunities and services.   

Also, if you have a lot of money stacked in a bank account in Thailand, you have a tendency to fall off highly placed balconies.

Do you know why Thais tell people like me they have off shore accounts?  Because when they are paid, they ask where the money is coming from.  If it is coming from off shore, they wish in to not to be sent to Thailand.   It is doubtful that we run in the same circles in Thailand. 

Thais falling off balconies now? 

Or are you now saying farang keep money in Singapore, Hong Kong instead of Thailand.

Why wouldnt they just keep it in home country accounts?

Never met a farang that flew into Hong Kong just to open a bank account. The ones that do would be such a tiny percentage it's not worth mentioning.

I have no idea where you are going with this. You said why would anybody bring money into Thailand.

Why?

And please stop the balcony BS. Unless some thai chick weighing 40 kg can launch a beer gut 130kg farang and can pass herself off as Trevor Smith at the bank [emoji23]

Yes, I too had some experience with a Thai wife.  My ex-wife had trumped up charges against me and was going to have me arrested and no doubt jailed if I didn't sign the uncontested divorce paper.  The laws here were written in favor of the Thai people.  The police believe the Thai people and not the foreigner.  In fact, the police would not even speak to me in English.  All Thai language.  The lawyers just want money, I had contacted Siam Legal they were no help.  After the divorce was over I did run into a lawyer who was a foreigner and I believe a good lawyer. Paul Ashburn is his name.  I've got his number on my Skype and would be happy to contact him for anyone if need be.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

Perhaps these people are making these remarks, due to their experience and knowledge, of living in Thailand for a length of time. It’s not a question that corruption will SOMETIMES raise it’s head in Thailand. It’s a fact that corruption is very heavily ingrained throughout all levels of Thai society. That’s not to say that all Thais agree with it,or that all Thais are bad people. They simple understand, that they cannot change the system, and therefore keep their heads down, and hope that they they can live their lives in piece.

When the bosses are as corrupt as the day is long, ordinary Thias don't have any choice, they have to be to survive.

Yes, I too had some experience with a Thai wife.  My ex-wife had trumped up charges against me and was going to have me arrested and no doubt jailed if I didn't sign the uncontested divorce paper.  The laws here were written in favor of the Thai people.  The police believe the Thai people and not the foreigner.  In fact, the police would not even speak to me in English.  All Thai language.  The lawyers just want money, I had contacted Siam Legal they were no help.  After the divorce was over I did run into a lawyer who was a foreigner and I believe a good lawyer. Paul Ashburn is his name.  I've got his number on my Skype and would be happy to contact him for anyone if need be.
It's a shame you panicked but no mention of a settlement. Sadly divorce courts favors women the world over.
My best mate had a restraining order in oz for a trumped charge. She stayed in the house of course and he lost nearly 70%

Its just complete BS that thus is a thai thing. It's the same the world over

38 minutes ago, 9KPhalak said:

In fact, the police would not even speak to me in English.  All Thai language

How many American ( for example) coppers speak a second, or even a third language?

Edited by jenny2017

5 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

He may be true or false--- I do not know the whole story,but, If I had lost all my money and was left with a 3,000 dollar a month pension I would be a hell of a lot better off than I am now,and still being able to have a comfortable life I could start to live it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any man with at least one biplane is wealthy and lucky. 

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Perhaps these people are making these remarks, due to their experience and knowledge, of living in Thailand for a length of time. It’s not a question that corruption will SOMETIMES raise it’s head in Thailand. It’s a fact that corruption is very heavily ingrained throughout all levels of Thai society. That’s not to say that all Thais agree with it,or that all Thais are bad people. They simple understand, that they cannot change the system, and therefore keep their heads down, and hope that they they can live their lives in piece.

My post was about expats as they have a choice (many Thai do not), and also was obviously about expats seeing as this forum is predominantly used by expats.

Everyone has different experiences in Thailand, however, most people should have a basic idea about how the system works (rather than just paying their way through and then complaining). However, what we don't need, is daily negative comments about experiences that happened years ago as if every person's experience will be exactly the same as theirs. It is called planning. 

People complain about the Amphoe for example. The Amphoe paid me 5,000 baht, gave me a free marriage certificate and put me in the system to receive free health care on the day rather than waiting months. Positive story. The only time I have had my license taken off me for an alleged traffic offence I received it back from the police station without having to pay. Positive story. I haven't had to pay any money towards any official. If I did, and knew I was going to be bitter about it for the next 5 years to have irrational hatreds towards Thai officials I would find that very worrying and would question what I was doing with my life. 

Even feel good stories on this forum are tarnished with negative comments due to these irrational hatreds. Twice I have had to post actual government policies to members as they hated the police so much they couldn't believe simple facts due to their generalised and distorted views. 

I disagree with you and say that is not experience or knowledge, I would say their circumstances have come about for the complete opposite reason, that is, due to very limited experience and knowledge. 

Edited by wildewillie89

4 hours ago, toughlove said:

Thais falling off balconies now? 

Or are you now saying farang keep money in Singapore, Hong Kong instead of Thailand.

Why wouldnt they just keep it in home country accounts?

Never met a farang that flew into Hong Kong just to open a bank account. The ones that do would be such a tiny percentage it's not worth mentioning.

I have no idea where you are going with this. You said why would anybody bring money into Thailand.

Why?

And please stop the balcony BS. Unless some thai chick weighing 40 kg can launch a beer gut 130kg farang and can pass herself off as Trevor Smith at the bank emoji23.png

Sorry, am unable to follow your train of thought, and what I do understand does not grace itself with an answer or comment.

Sorry, am unable to follow your train of thought, and what I do understand does not grace itself with an answer or comment.

Seriously it's easy. You said thais have indulged you in where they hide their money.

You obviously speak perfect thai. And hang with the rich ones.

Sorry if I fall over laughing [emoji23]

On 1/25/2018 at 6:27 AM, yellowboat said:

You should not put all your eggs in a Thai egg basket.  The Thai egg basket has a false bottom.  Pay as a go and expose yourself as little as possible in Thailand.

Main reason I left Thailand. To me its the most undesirable place to buy a home and set up with a Thai spouse. Everything, is about money and especially to her family, buying a house and so on we all know the lines. I pop in 3 times a year on business although still like the Thai people even though their attitude to us Farangs stinks to high heaven. Nobody need rant n' rave about it happening everywhere - it doesn't in my view. Who the f0ck meets a new girlfriend then within a short period of time - starts supporting her Family.. <deleted> .....

Thai apologists eat your heart out hahaha

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

He trusted her, she took advantage, a lesson for all, why marry?, why not live in a defacto relationship, and keep whats yours in your back pocket, that piece of paper you sign when getting married waives all rights to what you think you own.

7 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

My post was about expats as they have a choice (many Thai do not), and also was obviously about expats seeing as this forum is predominantly used by expats.

Everyone has different experiences in Thailand, however, most people should have a basic idea about how the system works (rather than just paying their way through and then complaining). However, what we don't need, is daily negative comments about experiences that happened years ago as if every person's experience will be exactly the same as theirs. It is called planning. 

People complain about the Amphoe for example. The Amphoe paid me 5,000 baht, gave me a free marriage certificate and put me in the system to receive free health care on the day rather than waiting months. Positive story. The only time I have had my license taken off me for an alleged traffic offence I received it back from the police station without having to pay. Positive story. I haven't had to pay any money towards any official. If I did, and knew I was going to be bitter about it for the next 5 years to have irrational hatreds towards Thai officials I would find that very worrying and would question what I was doing with my life. 

Even feel good stories on this forum are tarnished with negative comments due to these irrational hatreds. Twice I have had to post actual government policies to members as they hated the police so much they couldn't believe simple facts due to their generalised and distorted views. 

I disagree with you and say that is not experience or knowledge, I would say their circumstances have come about for the complete opposite reason, that is, due to very limited experience and knowledge. 

During my 30yrs experience of Iiving in Thailand, I have come across many Instances were Thai officials have shown themselves to be completely corrupt.

Do you not think that the Thai people are aware of this corruption?

It’s infiltrated all walks of life here, and unfortunately I don’ t see any improvement within the next 50 yrs. 

This is not hatred, towards these officials, it’s just being realistic.

only a fool would think otherwise. Always best to be on your guard.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

During my 30yrs experience of Iiving in Thailand, I have come across many Instances were Thai officials have shown themselves to be completely corrupt.

Do you not think that the Thai people are aware of this corruption?

It’s infiltrated all walks of life here, and unfortunately I don’ t see any improvement within the next 50 yrs. 

This is not hatred, towards these officials, it’s just being realistic.

only a fool would think otherwise. Always best to be on your guard.

Again, this is about expats. Not Thai people. I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up. 

You have come across many officials. I have come across zero in my formal dealings. I know many people who have and I know many people who haven't. Usually the people who haven't say if you follow the correct process of doing things there is no need to pay any corruption.

However, if someone does not understand the system or their partners don't have the faculties/lazy to follow basic processes then they will just get their husbands to pay to make the official do it for them.

If we are making it about Thai people, then have a look at the forums that Thai use who have farang husbands. Many comments say why bother following the system, just make him pay for it. That is more of a partner thing, as nearly always will an official let you do it the proper way and if they don't their are many avenues to take the matter down. 

If things like investing money in someone else's name, well that's the farangs own stupidity and a picking the wrong partner thing again. 

I would say those farang have a lack of knowledge, experience, planning and are moronic. If they are happy, then great, but those ones don't complain everyday. People with only positive stories don't feel the need to say every person will be like us, we say corruption can SOMETIMES rise it's head (usually out of ignorance) - as we have never experienced it when doing things properly.

So I don't see the need for negative people and people who haven't planned, to say just wait it will definitely happen to you because it happened to me. Similar to school days, failing doesn't feel so bad if everyone fails. 

23 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

Just $3000 a month pension. We should all marry Norwegians. 

That's what you get when you have a government that uses it's North Sea oil reserves sensibly and doesn't p1ss it away like the British did. Also helps to live in a wealthy country with a small population, and apparently not over run with immigrants.

As for the OP, once again, another farang meets the love of his life in a country with a culture he obviously does not understand, buys her everything ( to the value of 10 million baht ) and then wonders why it all went wrong.

Perhaps he does not read English, and couldn't benefit from reading TVF, which frequently has threads about such women.

Had I discovered the divorce sub forum, prior to my marriage, I might have been substantially better off today.

Oh well, even stories like the OP will probably never convince those that believe that their so much younger girlfriend is "different".

33 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Again, this is about expats. Not Thai people. I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up. 

You have come across many officials. I have come across zero in my formal dealings. I know many people who have and I know many people who haven't. Usually the people who haven't say if you follow the correct process of doing things there is no need to pay any corruption.

However, if someone does not understand the system or their partners don't have the faculties/lazy to follow basic processes then they will just get their husbands to pay to make the official do it for them.

If we are making it about Thai people, then have a look at the forums that Thai use who have farang husbands. Many comments say why bother following the system, just make him pay for it. That is more of a partner thing, as nearly always will an official let you do it the proper way and if they don't their are many avenues to take the matter down. 

If things like investing money in someone else's name, well that's the farangs own stupidity and a picking the wrong partner thing again. 

I would say those farang have a lack of knowledge, experience, planning and are moronic. If they are happy, then great, but those ones don't complain everyday. People with only positive stories don't feel the need to say every person will be like us, we say corruption can SOMETIMES rise it's head (usually out of ignorance) - as we have never experienced it when doing things properly.

So I don't see the need for negative people and people who haven't planned, to say just wait it will definitely happen to you because it happened to me. Similar to school days, failing doesn't feel so bad if everyone fails. 

I would say those farang have a lack of knowledge, experience, planning and are moronic.

You write like a lovely, compassionate, understanding person, not.

It's not mental retardation that causes men to lose their minds over a lovely young thing in a foreign land, but naivete, and desperation to have a better relationship with a female than apparently many of us can find among the females in our own lands. 

I for one had given up on western women as potential partners in life, and also chose to try Thai. I'm not alone by far in that.

I hope more stories like this get out in the foreign media, as warning for those coming after us. The more the better.

11 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

The Amphoe paid me 5,000 baht, gave me a free marriage certificate and put me in the system to receive free health care on the day rather than waiting months. Positive story. The only time I have had my license taken off me for an alleged traffic offence I received it back from the police station without having to pay.

Given there is no "free" health care for farangs, or, far as I know, Thais ( have to pay 30 baht ), and marriage certificates, throwing things like that into any post on TVF is going to remove any belief that you are telling the truth with anything else.

I'm not saying it isn't true, for some reason unknown to me, but unless an explanation is forthcoming, I just don't believe it.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Amphoe paid me 5,000 baht, gave me a free marriage certificate and put me in the system to receive free health care on the day rather than waiting months. Positive story. The only time I have had my license taken off me for an alleged traffic offence I received it back from the police station without having to pay.

Given there is no "free" health care for farangs, or, far as I know, Thais ( have to pay 30 baht ), and marriage certificates, throwing things like that into any post on TVF is going to remove any belief that you are telling the truth with anything else.

I'm not saying it isn't true, for some reason unknown to me, but unless an explanation is forthcoming, I just don't believe it.

I know of at least one other farang who has received a free marriage certificate. I know many Thai. All you have to do is promote your province.

Every year every province runs the program. I was called and asked to participate by tye Governor's office. 

Regarding free health care, there is whole topics on this forum dedicated to what farang get it and what don't. 

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I would say those farang have a lack of knowledge, experience, planning and are moronic.

You write like a lovely, compassionate, understanding person, not.

It's not mental retardation that causes men to lose their minds over a lovely young thing in a foreign land, but naivete, and desperation to have a better relationship with a female than apparently many of us can find among the females in our own lands. 

I for one had given up on western women as potential partners in life, and also chose to try Thai. I'm not alone by far in that.

I hope more stories like this get out in the foreign media, as warning for those coming after us. The more the better.

So a lack of knowledge and experience. Just like I said. If people are too lazy or distracted to research what they need to research then that should not result in a generalised negative thought process that the same thing will happen to every farang. 

2 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

So a lack of knowledge and experience. Just like I said. If people are too lazy or distracted to research what they need to research then that should not result in a generalised negative thought process that the same thing will happen to every farang. 

No one is saying it happens to "every" farang, just a lot of them.

Whatever, you seem to disagree that stories like this should be put out there so men can find out what may happen to them. On the one hand you want men to do research, and on the other you apparently don't want information available for them to research. That is obviously contradictory.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No one is saying it happens to "every" farang, just a lot of them.

Whatever, you seem to disagree that stories like this should be put out there so men can find out what may happen to them. On the one hand you want men to do research, and on the other you apparently don't want information available for them to research. That is obviously contradictory.

I never said any of that, so please don't put words in my mouth. I said everyday negative and distorted views that are so distorted that government policies need to be posted and people still don't believe them are not helpful. The fact people feel the need to say watch yourself shows they think it will happen to everyone eventually. 

Thinking that because it happened to me it must happen to every single other person is overly negative. There is a difference between actual 'research' and listening to such cases as 'research'. 

3 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

I never said any of that, so please don't put words in my mouth. I said everyday negative and distorted views that are so distorted that government policies need to be posted and people still don't believe them are not helpful. The fact people feel the need to say watch yourself shows they think it will happen to everyone eventually. 

Thinking that because it happened to me it must happen to every single other person is overly negative. There is a difference between actual 'research' and listening to such cases as 'research'. 

I don't think anyone is saying that "because it happened to me it must happen to every single other person', and why shouldn't people put their story out there?

In the name of research, I think every case of a farang getting done by their Thai partner should be put out there as a warning. More stories, not less.

If happy farangs want to put out their stories as well, excellent. The more information out there the better.

Why would anyone not want information out there for others to read?

Sadly, some elements of this situation are not uncommon.  Even if the lady was an angel  and had not bad intentions originally, if the mafia or bad guys put a gun to her head or to her mother's head, well, she can turn.  Be careful about owning things over there.  The bad guys are out there, and you could become a target.  And the Thai court system is not foreigner friendly, especially in some areas where a local cop or judge can be in on the scam.  It happens all over the world, and not just in Thailand.