Thaivisa exclusive: Norwegian man 'framed by Thai cops' says he has proof of innocence - he was in prison at the time of the crime

webfact

Thaivisa exclusive: Norwegian man 'framed by Thai cops' says he has proof of innocence - he was in prison at the time of the crime

Vidar-3.jpg

Mr Vidar Pettersen

A Norwegian man who says he was robbed of 10 million baht by his Thai wife and allegedly framed by the Thai police has claimed that he has the proof of his innocence.

In an exclusive interview with Thaivisa from his exile in the Philippines Vidar Pettersen, 68, said that he has only just been made aware of the details of a court judgement against him in May 2016.

He received a one year 6,000 baht sentence for possessing an illegal gun. Though the prison term was halved and suspended and the fine halved on admission, he was soon deported indefinitely thereafter.

But he now says that when it was claimed he was in possession of the gun - on May 6th 2016 in Tha Bo district 26 kilometers west of Nong Khai - he was in fact being held in the provincial prison on another matter.

Because everything was in Thai at the time of his court appearance he did not know what was going on. He had sacked his Thai lawyer who had bled him dry.

In December Thaivisa reported that other Thai media featured his story on TV. They had interviewed him at an undisclosed location that Mr Pettersen said was in fact Vientiane in Laos.

He said at the time he had attempted to buy off the cops even though he was innocent. He was still found guilty and lost his money all the same.

Now we can reveal details that his wife Oonpong - now 39 and nearly 30 years his junior - stole 10 million baht's worth of vehicles, land deeds and other goods from Mr Pettersen. She was in collusion with a Thai cop who was her latest love, claims the Norwegian.

v2.jpg

Oonpong, his wife with his Nissan sports car that she sold

But worst of all is that Mr Pettersen is still separated from his 6 year old son Arthur who he adores and is desperate to see again. He has not seen Arthur for two years after he was deported in May 2016.

A letter now in the possession of Thaivisa and addressed "To Whom it may Concern" says that Mr Pettersen was deported for "100 years", is innocent and is the victim of a miscarriage of justice.

Vidar-2.jpg

Arthur, Vidar's son now 6 years old

He had earlier described his life as a "funeral without a body".

Yesterday he spoke to Thaivisa from Bohol in the Philippines where he is considering his next course of action. He now just has a Norwegian pension of $3,000 dollars a month to work with.

"My only hope now is the media,"he said. "I have not met any Thai lawyer who wants to go against police or judges. I have had no contact with my son and I feel like giving up.

"There is no rule of law for foreigners in Thailand".

He called the Thai police "the most corrupt" and suggested they were driving round in one of his cars, a Mercedes-Benz.

In reference to the .38 gun that the police said was found in his car he claimed that it was in fact a weapon that belonged to his wife. He said it was made for her by the father of a friend of hers.

He said that he first met his wife when she was 32 and he had just turned 60. He trusted her at first but he said her character changed after she became pregnant.

She then had a relationship with a cop. This was her second such relationship with a policeman. She had earlier abandoned a three year old child claimed Mr Pettersen.

He is bitter about Thailand but is most concerned about his son. He said that he had heard nothing so in October he sent a teacher from the Philippines to go to his 6th birthday party.

"She heard that in school he cried easily," he said of his little boy. "If I cannot get him away from his mother I have to forget," he said in despair.

He said he was living in Bohol, renting an apartment, going to the gym and doing his best to look after himself.

Mr Pettersen said he was robbed of 10 million baht in valuables by his wife and her policeman lover who now apparently live apart.

Among his losses were the deeds to a large tract of land and a high end Nissan sports car and motorbikes. The Nissan has since been sold by his wife, he said.

But to add insult to injury he said that there was a rumor that the police were driving around in his Mercedes-Benz in the Tha Bo district of Nong Khai.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-25

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Get Real said:

I agree, beeing in prison is a good alibi. Unfortunately that doesn´t makes him less owner of the gun, that was appearently found in his car.

I do believe him though. Here everything is possible.

Not if it's true that the gun belonged to his beloved wife.-:post-4641-1156693976:

The sad part is that he doesn't seem to be the only one in a similar situation. JUSTICE!! 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

You should not put all your eggs in a Thai egg basket.  The Thai egg basket has a false bottom.  Pay as a go and expose yourself as little as possible in Thailand.

although some of his story may be true , I still think there is something he is hiding , such as how did he get 10 million baht ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand and had a gun which could have been his own as a way of defending himself , also where was he when his wife was pregnant , if he was in jail for another offence ( undisclosed offence ) could have been for dealing drugs would you want him in your country if he was doing this ? also he tried to pay off police ( bribary ) he says he was innocent so why try pay police off , there is alot of smoke here without the fire , and he must have put alot of assets in his wifes name ( big mistake )) a person with his wealth should know better but maybe he did it because he wanted to hide things , he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym if i was desperate for funds i would do my fitness free of charge , jogging on fields or main roads , situps on beaches or in the back yard but no he pays to keep fi with no money ( something does not fit this story ) sorry keep him deported is my judgement on him , there are corrupt police here but its people like him that makes them corrupt as he admitted trying to corrupt them by offering money to them and his kid will be better off without a scruppulous person like him 

Just for the record:

Not all lawyer in TH are crocks...

My lawyer has helped me successful many times and when he lost a case for my company last time, he only wanted 1/2 payment.....

But, don't marry a bar girl 30 years younger than yourself and  expect that it is love......
It  is okay, if you can accept it is business, but do not be naive...

P.s

I think he tell the truth....

7 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

although some of his story may be true , I still think there is something he is hiding , such as how did he get 10 million baht ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand and had a gun which could have been his own as a way of defending himself , also where was he when his wife was pregnant , if he was in jail for another offence ( undisclosed offence ) could have been for dealing drugs would you want him in your country if he was doing this ? also he tried to pay off police ( bribary ) he says he was innocent so why try pay police off , there is alot of smoke here without the fire , and he must have put alot of assets in his wifes name ( big mistake )) a person with his wealth should know better but maybe he did it because he wanted to hide things , he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym if i was desperate for funds i would do my fitness free of charge , jogging on fields or main roads , situps on beaches or in the back yard but no he pays to keep fi with no money ( something does not fit this story ) sorry keep him deported is my judgement on him , there are corrupt police here but its people like him that makes them corrupt as he admitted trying to corrupt them by offering money to them and his kid will be better off without a scruppulous person like him 

he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym

$ 3,000 are currently 94,600. baht and 50 Satang. Isn't that enough? And using my imagination, he must have had savings too.

Please don't make him to a drug dealer with such a wife. 

11 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

He could have sold a house in Norway.
10 million Baht is "only" 2,5 million Norwegian kroner.
In Norway most houses cost more than that...

7 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym

$ 3,000 are currently 94,600. baht and 50 Satang. Isn't that enough? And using my imagination, he must have had savings too.

Please don't make him to a drug dealer with such a wife. 

3000 USD A MONTH !!!! WISH I HAD 3000 DOLLARS A MONTH AND HE IS COMPLAINING ?????  nobody knows what he was doing to get 10 million baht alot of these guys will hide their past to get pity , why would i pity a guy on 3000 USD A MONTH ???? AND THE OLD SAYING IS A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED !!

4 minutes ago, johnnybgood said:

Lots of good advice will emerge on this thread.........
"It'll never happen to me" thinkers should take note.

A better attitude is to believe it 'could' happen to you and organise your life accordingly. Part of that is being low profile and conservative.

4 minutes ago, Schlanbusch said:

He could have sold a house in Norway.
10 million Baht is "only" 2,5 million Norwegian kroner.
In Norway most houses cost more than that...

And the idiot then goes and puts it all in his wifes name ??? serves him right if he has , why would i feel pity for a guy on 3000 usd a month and an idiot for putting assetts in his wifes name THATS IF ITS TRUE !

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A Norwegian man who says he was robbed of 10 million baht by his Thai wife and allegedly framed by the Thai police

pity his knowledge comes at such a high price; his story should be required reading for all males under age 60 entering thailand

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

You should not put all your eggs in a Thai egg basket.  The Thai egg basket has a false bottom.  Pay as a go and expose yourself as little as possible in Thailand.

Yes, foreigners should have as little footprint in the place as possible, otherwise they leave themselves open. How many times have we heard the same story being repeated?

I was in a minor court case, the prosecutor and the police collaborated to add an old sentence, to the misdemeanour. a second offence which carried a 2 year automatic prison sentence. They thought they could take advantage of the me like, in that I  could not read thai. 

Surprise, I could read thai. 

When I first confronted the prosecuter I was told I must be mistaken and they would not remove it.  my crap lawyer said there was nothing we could do. 

I got evidence that the case number belonged to a man named wichian for a driving sentence. I am female. 

I do believe everything the man is saying. 

My advice would be get as much money together as he can. Offer the mother and have the child brought to cambodia. It's not unusual for thai women to give their kid up for money. 

There is surely more to the story here. I’m sympathetic to the guy not seeing his kid but painting such a one sided story doesn’t do anyone any good. 

Article glosses over that he was in jail for “another matter” and suggests only that his wife was the owner of the handmade gun and that’s why he was deported. 

It could be the unspecified other matter which ended in him being deported rather than the gun.

And why would he permit an illegal gun in his house to begin with? It’s not difficult for a Thai to get a legal gun, it’s just expensive. But given he was spending money on various cars it doesn’t seem money was a problem. 

He he plead guilty because he couldn’t understand anything? He fired his lawyer because the lawyer was expensive? And didn’t bother to hire at least a translator? Seems everyone around him was always in the wrong except him. 

And as far as the land is concerned foreigners can’t own land in Thailand so it’s always a risk putting it in a wife’s name as if the relationship ends the land goes. 

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

I have had one really bad money grabbing, spend thrift Thai ex-wife (from a reportedly good family), that destroyed my business and finances in the UK when I took her there. BUT, I now live in Thailand with a second wife who is the opposite - she picks 1 bahts off the floor, she uses all the free points giving store cards, she buys the buy one get one frees to eat and she is quite content to live humbly. My point is there are some good ones out there - just not all ! In my opinion, best way to test them is tell them you have to live cheaply for a few months due to pension or money transfer issues - if there are problems then, then give them the heave-ho. if they stick around and dig in with you and stay happy, they are a keeper.

1 hour ago, harrycallahan said:

Just $3000 a month pension. We should all marry Norwegians. 

Yes but the cost of living is high in Norway, mind you he must feel like a millionaire with that amount of monthly pension living in the Philippines 

Yep can understand his comments Rotten coppers, Rotten attorneys (In BK) rotten lawyers, hope you are proud Lieland.

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

You cannot corrupt a local copper here, he is corrupt from birth and how did he get 10 mill, probably like me and a million others he worked for it before he came. Question how did he loose it. The answer, the same as so many other farangs ripped off by scum locals

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

although some of his story may be true , I still think there is something he is hiding , such as how did he get 10 million baht ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand

Are you freakin` serious?

You can barely get a condo in urban districts in Norway for 10 mill bath. Thousands of Norwegians before him have transferred that kind of money or more into Thailand. No big deal.

Get real, man.

What`s wrong with people?

Archived