Thaivisa exclusive: Norwegian man 'framed by Thai cops' says he has proof of innocence - he was in prison at the time of the crime

webfact

4 minutes ago, wvavin said:

So you think your wife 30 years your junior truly loves you? 99% of them going after retiree farangs are for money! Think again!

Absolute correct you are!! O agree with you 100%, no love there when she has to sleep with the man older than her father....love of money maybe... yet we are so naive and gullible thinking that our individual case is different.... how absurd we old men are! Would we as young men get into a relationship with women say 20 yrs older when we were in our early thirties..? . I would not 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, shackleton said:

He is not the first and won't be the last you read stories all the time about guys getting ripped off here in Thailand mind you guys marrying girls half their age proberly does not help

There are plenty of guys here including myself  have very happy marriages

Its all about give and take in some cases all take 

Luck  of the draw

We read stories al the time about IDIOTS getting ripped off.... I agree. 

9 minutes ago, smew said:

It is just a matter of time.... and your GF will still be young.....age difference does not go away

No it does not just becomes less apparent the older you get.. a 40 year old with an 18 year old... that is a big difference. but a 70 year old with a 48 year old is a lot less of a difference relatively speaking.. 

Personally the age gap between me and the GF is 14 years. 

3 minutes ago, smew said:

Absolute correct you are!! O agree with you 100%, no love there when she has to sleep with the man older than her father....love of money maybe... yet we are so naive and gullible thinking that our individual case is different.... how absurd we old men are! Would we as young men get into a relationship with women say 20 yrs older when we were in our early thirties..? . I would not 

Please stop using the all encompassing 'we'. You cannot talk for everybody.  Substitute  ' I' for 'we" and I mght understand you better 

3 hours ago, markaoffy said:

A Thai Lawyer “bled him dry” ! As the sun rises and sets, that follows

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes actually "A Thai lawyer bled him dry" could very easily replace and be much more meaningful as the saying than  "As sure as death and taxes".

quantity over quality!  (low pay combined with a huge organization that cant possibly police itself?...  Do you want corruption cause this is how you get corruption)

In June 2015, the Bangkok Post reported that "Thai police officers are paid around 14,760 baht per month (6,800–8,340 baht for entry level) and have to buy their own guns and even office supplies." He posits that one reason salaries are so low is that the sheer number of officers is staggering, roughly 250,000.

3 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

As the old advice goes, only spend here what you can toss up into the air and walk away from whilst saying "pfft." Keep your principle money in a country that actually has laws for everyone and enforces them. 

I could walk away from the financial loss but not so sure about having been "pfft"......:smile:.

Being in Thailand myself for 23 years those story's are not coming as a surprise to me...happen again and again.

This is not a country you can rely on; I worked most of the time legally in Thailand and just kept a low profile and enjoyed my life here with all the ups and downs in life. True this is a big story and might be not revealed all the facts, but is also very, very possible. I personally have seen and helped people tangled in similar situation. I do wish him all the luck he can get...than luck he will need. My advise would be go on with your life and keep in contact with your son if you can (as I see in the news report that you you do know about the whereabouts and well-being of your son).

Thailand the call the land of smile...is a BS; the country and his people has his up and downs as any other country...just the wetter is nicer.

Oh come on! Thai men are equally the target by Thai women. No race is sacred to them if they are in that way of wanting to get anything and everything. It is almost inbred in them, and the part that is not is just part of the underlying part of their society. Not saying all are this way, but they are aware but just have morals.. Just watch the Thai tv shows at night. It never stops from one show to the other to the new ones being produced. This guy was blind and didn't see it coming. Quite unfortunate. Hope he get's his son as he does have enough monthly income to take care of him. 

3 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

although some of his story may be true , I still think there is something he is hiding , such as how did he get 10 million baht ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand and had a gun which could have been his own as a way of defending himself , also where was he when his wife was pregnant , if he was in jail for another offence ( undisclosed offence ) could have been for dealing drugs would you want him in your country if he was doing this ? also he tried to pay off police ( bribary ) he says he was innocent so why try pay police off , there is alot of smoke here without the fire , and he must have put alot of assets in his wifes name ( big mistake )) a person with his wealth should know better but maybe he did it because he wanted to hide things , he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym if i was desperate for funds i would do my fitness free of charge , jogging on fields or main roads , situps on beaches or in the back yard but no he pays to keep fi with no money ( something does not fit this story ) sorry keep him deported is my judgement on him , there are corrupt police here but its people like him that makes them corrupt as he admitted trying to corrupt them by offering money to them and his kid will be better off without a scruppulous person like him 

What a load of rubbish.You must have lived a very poor existence. I nice house in his country costs around $500000 Oz. Sell it and come to LOS, 12,5000,000 BT. Plus what ever  super he may have cashed in, maby anolther 12,5000,000.   ( no drug dealing needed)

Hot rader 77,I fail to see how you can make judgment just by reading and and assuming.It  is so easy to do this,why not wait until the completion of his case,then you have all the facts.Im not saying you are correct or wrong but without all the facts its not possible to make a fair judgment.Just take a look at the 2 Mymar boys ko samui.

39 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Please stop using the all encompassing 'we'. You cannot talk for everybody.  Substitute  ' I' for 'we" and I mght understand you better 

We retire. We sell our house.  We sell our car(s).  We don't bother learning to speak Thai.  We just look forward to a life of relaxation, warm weather, excitement and pleasure.  Little do we know that danger lurks behind the smile.  

14 minutes ago, patrick kennedy said:

Hot rader 77,I fail to see how you can make judgment just by reading and and assuming.It  is so easy to do this,why not wait until the completion of his case,then you have all the facts.Im not saying you are correct or wrong but without all the facts its not possible to make a fair judgment.Just take a look at the 2 Mymar boys ko samui.

This is TVF. Assumptions (nearly always glass half empty) are the norm on here.

18 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

How innocent is this guy? He as in prison before.... There are 2 sides to the story....

Absolutely.  Other than that it's just yet another whitey dude getting stuffed by the locals and an innocent kid caught in the crossfire.  A very common occurrence here, as it is in just about every other country in the world that has poverty, older blokes with some dosh and cute birds ready, willing and able to take advantage.  

30 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

We retire. We sell our house.  We sell our car(s).  We don't bother learning to speak Thai.  We just look forward to a life of relaxation, warm weather, excitement and pleasure.  Little do we know that danger lurks behind the smile.  

There's the we word again. You may have done these things.  Not everybody else has.  Is this a retired UK members only forum only these days? 

I come from a warm relaxing place with plenty of excitement. 

Perhaps Thailand has been a poor choice for you/them Skegness may be more suitable and should not have many language difficulties. 

49 minutes ago, patrick kennedy said:

How can you possibly assume the 'facts' come out just because a case has been completed?  Are you saying that in the case of the two Koh Tao (not Samui) boys it did?  Please send me a postcard from Cuckoo land. 

9 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Absolutely.  Other than that it's just yet another whitey dude getting stuffed by the locals and an innocent kid caught in the crossfire.  A very common occurrence here, as it is in just about every other country in the world that has poverty, older blokes with some dosh and cute birds ready, willing and able to take advantage.  

I think advantage is taken by both parties. I don't think the old expats are blameless.... They are here for young women.  They are not saints and occasionally it comes back and bites them on the arse. Deservedly so in my opinion. 

They get no sympathy from me.  In fact the ones who have kids get scorn. 

Edited by tryasimight

4 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

although some of his story may be true , I still think there is something he is hiding , such as how did he get 10 million baht ? he could have been a drug dealer in thailand and had a gun which could have been his own as a way of defending himself , also where was he when his wife was pregnant , if he was in jail for another offence ( undisclosed offence ) could have been for dealing drugs would you want him in your country if he was doing this ? also he tried to pay off police ( bribary ) he says he was innocent so why try pay police off , there is alot of smoke here without the fire , and he must have put alot of assets in his wifes name ( big mistake )) a person with his wealth should know better but maybe he did it because he wanted to hide things , he is now in bohol and supposed to be living on 3000 usd a month but yet he has money to go to the gym if i was desperate for funds i would do my fitness free of charge , jogging on fields or main roads , situps on beaches or in the back yard but no he pays to keep fi with no money ( something does not fit this story ) sorry keep him deported is my judgement on him , there are corrupt police here but its people like him that makes them corrupt as he admitted trying to corrupt them by offering money to them and his kid will be better off without a scruppulous person like him 

This is the .... I have ever read on Thai Visa.

Are you from this planet hottrader77?

Just to comment on one of your "brilliant" theories: 10 million Baht is not a big sum of savings for a 50 or 60 year old Norwegian. And yes, I am a Norwegian.

How long have you been in Thailand hottrader77? Have you read the numerous similiar stories of farangs beeig ripped off in Thailand with joint efforts from wives, corrupt police, corrupt lawyers and corrupt state officials? Or do you need me to point you too them?

And do you think you will receive fair treatment from the Thai justice-system (what a joke that word is) if you ever encounter a problem with a Thai?

First of all being in prison on another offence does not make him the person of good character that he is making out to be . Secondly it’s little defence saying  that you were in prison when the gun was found in your car as it’s completely irrelevant to the case. There is certainly more to this matter than what’s being said .

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sadly he has no chance of ever seeing justice ,money is all the police care about.

They have no integrity whatsoever.

Ver similar to  my case with the ex-wife ,greedy money grabbing woman aided by corrupt police.

And officials from the amphur as I recall Colin.

5 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

And officials from the amphur as I recall Colin.

100% correct Nick, but i was keeping it simple, as many keyboard warriors on here would be saying i madeit up.

You know  about my case as you were involved.

Edited by colinneil

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Absolute corruption, will the government do anything about it ?

Being in prison is pretty much the best alibi you can have for anything, ever.

Unfortunately, logic doesn't live here ....

I think you should all keep in mind that this is just one side of the story, and coming from someone who for some "other reason" was in jail at the time of the alleged gun possession.

Not saying that he's lying, just that you can't just accept one side of the story without question.

You should not put all your eggs in a Thai egg basket.  The Thai egg basket has a false bottom.  Pay as a go and expose yourself as little as possible in Thailand.

Absolutely rubbish. If you have your assets in your name NOBODY can touch them. 

Just a brain dead mantra repeated by those without a bean to their name [emoji5]

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I don't have a gf, I have a wife.  I am 62 she is 52. What is the point of your post.?

I also have a full head of brown hair and can get it up on demand And often it has a mind of its own when I see a sexy woman.  Perfectly normal. 

Don't assume everyone is like you

Like I said: age diff of 10yrs might work out but once you get into +15 yrs diff and you are asking for headaches that will come sooner or later.... simple only a matter of time.....

9 hours ago, webfact said:

In reference to the .38 gun that the police said was found in his car he claimed that it was in fact a weapon that belonged to his wife. He said it was made for her by the father of a friend of hers.

Of course, a perfectly natural explanation for having a home made gun in the family. LOL.  A responsible person would have refused to have it in the house or car.  The sentence seems rather light for the offence, even if he was in prison at the time he allegedly committed it.  Including in his lost assets a tract of land is ridiculous. Since he is not a Thai citizen, he should have known he was donating it to a needy Thai person or persons and been willing to write it down to zero immediately.  If he is broke, it suggests he couldn't afford to sink so much money into Thailand as he did.  Lucky he has such a generous pension.  

I feel sorry for him about the son he will never see again and for the boy who will never have a father.  But he obviously shacked up with a poorly educated peasant woman from a third world country who just saw him as an ATM until she got bored with him and got her policeman lover to get him out of the way.  He seems lucky he didn't spend a lot longer in prison or that they didn't cut him into pieces and burn him in the forest. 

He is not destitute though. His pension is easily enough to live a comfortable life in the Phils with female company that speaks better English than his ex.  He should just forget about Thailand and his son but be a bit more cautious with the third world peasant women in future and not imagine that they are going to fall in love with an old farang geezer like him.      

Edited by Dogmatix