CELTA and Thai Teacher Licence?

Jimjim1968

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the CELTA cert and a degree (non-education) is enough to satisfy Krusapar for the licence?

It seems strange to me that a certificate in teaching English as a foreign language from the University of Cambridge would not be enough to satisfy the Thai government for teaching English in a government school. I suspect it doesn't but an associate seems to think it is sufficient.

Insight welcome.

1 hour ago, Jimjim1968 said:

I have a B.Sc degree, but I believe this requires further support. I am currently enrolling to do the PGCEi in order to obtain the licence. A friend pointed out my CELTA could well be enough.

Any degree plus CELTA doesn't qualify for the TCT teacher license.

A degree in education, any degree plus a post graduate diploma in education/ teaching profession or equivalent does.

"... a certificate in teaching English as a foreign language from the University of Cambridge ..."

The CELTA belongs to the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES) or I think nowadays known as Cambridge English Language Assessment. It is not part of any faculty at the University of Cambridge. It's relationship to the university is similar to Cambridge's University Press' relationship. It would be silly to say the best books in the world are from the University of Cambridge because it has 'Cambridge University' in the name ditto CELTA

Archived