Applying for a 2 month ext

I'm on a type o non imm, based on marriage. The GBP Baht exchange rate is headed in the right direction, but I'll need 2 months over 40k/month to apply for extension based on marriage. Visa runs out March 7th, when should I apply for an extension?

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

There is no requirement to prove the income over a 2 month period.

You can use an annual income when you apply for the income letter at the UK embassy and then divide by 12 to get a monthly income.

If needed you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife a couple of weeks before your current permit to stay ends.

There is no requirement to prove the income over a 2 month period.
You can use an annual income when you apply for the income letter at the UK embassy and then divide by 12 to get a monthly income.
If needed you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife a couple of weeks before your current permit to stay ends.
I need to be over 40k for 2 months to apply for an annual extension. I'm right on the cusp. The 2 months extension I think will do that and give me time to apply for the annual one.

20 minutes ago, Mosha said:

I need to be over 40k for 2 months to apply for an annual extension.

There is no 2 month requirement prior to the extension is applied for. That is only if using the 400k baht in the bank option.

Immigration checks the exchange rate on the date you apply for the extension. If your income shown on the income letter converts to 40k baht or more your extension application will be accepted.

Edit: From clause 2.18 of the police order for extensions.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average
annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht
400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for
one year.

Ah OK I thought the 40k/month had to be 2 consecutive months. I believe I'll be just below this month, one if the officers down here is a hard faced woman. She's tried to do me for overstay before, while waiting for an extension stamp. So I still want the 2 month so I'm not arguing with her.

1 hour ago, Mosha said:

Ah OK I thought the 40k/month had to be 2 consecutive months. I believe I'll be just below this month, one if the officers down here is a hard faced woman. She's tried to do me for overstay before, while waiting for an extension stamp. So I still want the 2 month so I'm not arguing with her.

Surely it would be the British embassy that you have to show the actual monthly income to, so that they can then write in income letter for immigration. I'm not sure how much evidence that the embassy needs to provide the letter, i.e. number of months income.

Edited by Mattd

Surely it would be the British embassy that you have to show the monthly actual income to, so that they can then write in income letter for immigration. I'm not sure how much evidence that the embassy needs to provide the letter, i.e. number of months income.
I send a couple of pension slips, however it's immigration who decides the exchange rate. One daft comment being, "Your bank is using the wrong exchange rate." lol.

Immigration will use the exchange rate on the day you apply.
I still have no idea where this 2 months comes into it.
Because in the past, the year's extension has arrived after my visa has run out, and one of the officers tries to do me for overstay. If this months income is below 40k, I'm looking at February. That means my visa runs out in the waiting period. As stated in my OP, it runs out March 7th.

19 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Because in the past, the year's extension has arrived after my visa has run out, and one of the officers tries to do me for overstay. If this months income is below 40k, I'm looking at February. That means my visa runs out in the waiting period. As stated in my OP, it runs out March 7th.

That is totally wrong. When you do the extension you get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that allows you stay until the extension is approved. The report back date is just that it does not end the under consideration period.

Once the extension is accepted there is no additional requirement to prove your income. It does not matter if the exchange rate changes.

• Like 1

I'm getting confused now too, is he talking about getting an extra 60days from changwattana on his current non O and then applying for the 1 year marriage, or is he talking about just applying for the full year marriage one now.

so mine runs out on 28th feb, my non O but I was just going to get the 60 day extension on my current non O in changwattana and then apply for the full year new marriage visa.

I'm getting confused now too, is he talking about getting an extra 60days from changwattana on his current non O and then applying for the 1 year marriage, or is he talking about just applying for the full year marriage one now.
so mine runs out on 28th feb, my non O but I was just going to get the 60 day extension on my current non O in changwattana and then apply for the full year new marriage visa.
Well apart from location you hit the nail on the head. I was asking when I should apply for the 60 days.

11 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

He has not mentioned where he is applying for the extension but I am sure it is not Chaeng Wattana immigration. They would not do whata he has written about.

He is writing about getting the 60 day extension and then the one year extension. But commenting on the problem he had applying for the one year extension before.

3 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

cool but when you apply for the 60 days extension, you just turn up at immigration with your passport and they just give you 60 more days 1900baht ? you don't need to prepare all the stuff like a brand new application

For the 60 day extension you do not need all the documentation and financial proof needed for the one year extension.

You only need your wife to be with you, your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card to apply for the 60 day extension.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

For the 60 day extension you do not need all the documentation and financial proof needed for the one year extension.

You only need your wife to be with you, your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card to apply for the 60 day extension.

ahh your wife has to be present? ok cool

Thanks Joe. Is that KR2 or the copy they give us to keep KR3?

7 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

cool but when you apply for the 60 days extension, you just turn up at immigration with your passport and they just give you 60 more days 1900baht ? you don't need to prepare all the stuff like a brand new application

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

• Thanks 1