Bad Experience with Samsung Warranty Service Center

CNX69

Samsung Customer Service  at 248/15 Sahasriphum Place refused to honor worldwide warranty. 

They told my Thai friend " take it back to North America to fix charging problem. We only fix only products made in Thailand"

Few days later, I went by myself and it was the same story

it would appear that samsung in Thailand do not like fulfilling their warranties, we bought a fridge and the freezer door didnt close properly. We phoned the warranty call centre continually for something to be done but they never showed up,  finally after the warranty ended they sent someone out who promptly told us we would have to pay to fix it. I have found that many businesses in Thailand refuse to honour guarantees thats if they even acknowledge you, they dont like anything cutting into their profits or having to replace faulty goods

I smashed my screen on my new phone, and I contacted the Samsung service centre at MBK. They took my phone and replaced the screen free of charge within 3 hours at no charge.

If i smash it again, i will need to pay for the replacement myself which is fair enough.

10 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I smashed my screen on my new phone, and I contacted the Samsung service centre at MBK. They took my phone and replaced the screen free of charge within 3 hours at no charge.

If i smash it again, i will need to pay for the replacement myself which is fair enough.

But was this a phone you bought in Thailand or outside of Thailand ?

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

But was this a phone you bought in Thailand or outside of Thailand ?

Inside, however a quick flick on  google, and even on Samsung's own page seems to raise a number of conditions and out clauses on the 'Worldwide warranty'.

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Inside, however a quick flick on  google, and even on Samsung's own page seems to raise a number of conditions and out clauses on the 'Worldwide warranty'.

I did not know about that, but its normal i guess to have some out clauses. I bought my samsung in Thailand actually quite happy with all the samsungs I owned. 

I purchased a Samsung 21,000 BTU A/C unit almost 5 years ago (Power Buy).  I've had 4 major breakdowns since and have totally given up on Samsung service.  Each time, literally hours spent on hold trying to make an appointment, each time being passed around and cut-off several times.  Service waits were always 5 or more working days and when they did come, they would never have whatever part was needed and always 3 or 4 more days to complete the job.  Always presented with a bill for parts despite the warranty...always "Not cover that"

I finally found a good independent repair technician who always finishes the job within 3 days and he always costs 1/2 of what Samsung cost.

I will never buy a Samsung appliance again.

I think peole should always complain straight to the overseas head branch if they are receiving crap warranty service here

As mentioned they always seem to bill you on some crap they made up (no doubt from electrical company power surges )

This is the only way they are going to straighten up - Imagine if Mr Toyota Japan found out about some crap

BUT READ THE FINE PRINT FIRST

& even if something was out of warranty they still try to rip you EG : Had electric gate motor installed from previous house, all ok _ just call if problem 

Had problem called, he's 4 km away, just to be charged 300 bht for 1/2 hr in all to listen to his crap that there are no parts avilable & you may have to buy new motor 18,000 bht

Now the point is that these people install this stuff but have never supposeably heard of a RESET button which in the end I held down for 5 sec & did the job