Korat school director suspended over alleged fling with teenage student

webfact

Korat school director suspended over alleged fling with teenage student

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

f34f205c166de946dff892dfcbabe83a.jpeg

A 51-year-old Nakhon Ratchasima school director accused of having an inappropriate romantic relationship with a 14-year-old schoolgirl will be suspended from Monday pending an investigation expected to take 120 days.

Suwit Srichai, acting chief of the northeastern province’s Education Office, ordered the suspension and probe after a Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Education Service Area Office 6 fact-finding committee found grounds substantiating charges of wrongdoing.

Suwit acknowledged this was a serious accusation against a school director, who is supposed to set a good example for teachers.

He said he wanted the public to understand the case involves one individual and not condemn educators as a whole, so as to not discourage good teachers.

Besides facing the possibility of dismissal from the civil service without pension, the Bua Yai district school director, Nathapop Boonthongtho, has been summoned by police to appear in person by the end of Friday to hear a charge of “taking away” a minor under 15 for lewd act.

If he fails to do so, an arrest warrant will be sought.

Ban Nong Ploung School director Parinya Prajong, another executive under Office 6, said the accused should have known better and refrained from having an alleged inappropriate relationship with a student, which is a serious breach of discipline.

Parinya said he was disappointed and saddened that the allegation had tarnished the image of school directors in general.

Should Nathapop be found guilty, Parinya said, he should be severely punished.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30337211

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-26

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A 51-year-old Nakhon Ratchasima school director accused of having an inappropriate romantic relationship with a 14-year-old schoolgirl

I wonder if this is the same as: A 51-year-old Nakhon Ratchasima school director accused of sexually abusing a minor in his care - 

probably not, as it would tarnish the image blah, blah...

I've been following this story for a couple of days and STILL don't understand why the headline doesn't read:

"Korat school director arrested over alleged fling with teenage student"

You'd think the BiB would want to keep him safe and secure until his trial - you know, for his own <ahem> protection.

5 hours ago, shady86 said:

His 20 yr old wife is getting old for him :) 

..I must stop this deviant behaviour...i must not do anything naughty ever again.

..I must stop this deviant behaviour...i must not do anything naughty ever again.

....100 times...that should do.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:32 PM, shady86 said:

His 20 yr old wife is getting old for him :) 

My opinion she just found a bigger better deal is all; just like the 14-year-old schoolgirl left her previous living arrangement when she too found a bigger better deal. Not sure this school character should be punished to harshly, could have been saving the 14-year-old schoolgirl from a seriously worse environment than the one he provided. The girl was gonna find someone one way or another.

7 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

My opinion she just found a bigger better deal is all; just like the 14-year-old schoolgirl left her previous living arrangement when she too found a bigger better deal. Not sure this school character should be punished to harshly, could have been saving the 14-year-old schoolgirl from a seriously worse environment than the one he provided. The girl was gonna find someone one way or another.

^Worrying