UK Visa Timelines Please Add Yours Here

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

it will be 90 working days on April 3rd.

Have you not emailed them? You should really consider using the paid (£5.60) email service to try and find out the status of the application.

I wouldn't just keep waiting.

22 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Biometrics taken: must have been done on previous visits

I was always under the belief that biometrics were taken each and every application regardless of previous application success/failure.

Interesting.

25 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

I was always under the belief that biometrics were taken each and every application regardless of previous application success/failure.

Interesting.

Yes, we have had 6 tourist visas previously & now the settlement visa - biometrics were taken every time.

1 hour ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Have you not emailed them? You should really consider using the paid (£5.60) email service to try and find out the status of the application.

I wouldn't just keep waiting.

I've just emailed them 5 minutes before you posted. 

I'll post the reply when i receive it.

As a matter of info, she has had previous holiday visa approved.

3 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Interesting.

Could be that my Thai daughter was whisked away for them without me noticing. I'll ask her when she gets back from uni tonight! Have been doing Schengen applications and neither France nor Germany repeat them if they were done within last 3 years or so. I made an assumption she must not have had/needed them in the absence of noticing.

7 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

I've just emailed them 5 minutes before you posted. 

I'll post the reply when i receive it.

Please do, and good luck.

4 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Could be that my Thai daughter was whisked away for them without me noticing.

I suspect that is probably the case. You had a good turn around time with the visa though. Nice to hear.

4 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

well that was a waste of time...

Received a prompt reply which I presume is just  bog standard .

This is the reply with private details removed.

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

The status of your visa application is Awaiting a decision. 
This means that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. 
We cannot see any other information on your visa application other than the status of it.

If your application has passed the standard process time we will be able to escalate it. For me to escalate your application I will need the following information:

Full Name- 
Date of Birth- 
GWF number- 
IHS number- 
Passport number- 
Place of submission- 
Type of Visa applied for- 
Date of biometrics- 
Nationality- 
E-mail address used on  the application.

6 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

The status of your visa application is Awaiting a decision. 
This means that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. 

So happy for the explanation, I would never have guessed otherwise.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

So happy for the explanation, I would never have guessed otherwise.

I'm sure any native English speaker would understand however the intended recipient of the email is a person who's first and possibly even second language is not English, so it's hardly a negative if it is made as clear as possible for that person to understand.

We received an email from Sheffield today stating that 'Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched.'

UK Decision Making Centre.

*The email arrived at 7:03am UK time which is a bit odd unless they are doing a little overtime!

On 3/20/2018 at 11:53 PM, Fish Head Soup said:

I suspect that is probably the case. You had a good turn around time with the visa though. Nice to hear.

Confirmed with my daughter - she did do biometrics on the day of appointment. Neither my wife nor I had noticed!

On 24/03/2018 at 2:01 AM, Fish Head Soup said:

We received an email from Sheffield today stating that 'Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer. A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched.'

UK Decision Making Centre.

*The email arrived at 7:03am UK time which is a bit odd unless they are doing a little overtime!

well done. Hope it's good news.

I notice your application was sent to Sheffield almost 2 months after ours and we still haven't heard a thing.

12 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

well done. Hope it's good news.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

I notice your application was sent to Sheffield almost 2 months after ours and we still haven't heard a thing.

It's disgraceful, they leave people hanging like this, with no idea how long it will take to process and then when they decide they are ready they send the passport and visa and you have 30 days to drop everything and enter the UK. It really is beyond a joke.

3 minutes ago, 007cableguy said:

Wife's 6 month visa, Appointment at trendy on 19th March including biometrics today 26th email saying decision made awaiting passport back. Its her 5th visa

Yes visit visas are no problem, they only take a few days. Settlement visas are now all processed in the UK and are taking 3 - 4 months on average by the look of things, I have read of some applications taking over 10 months to process. To me this is just simply not acceptable.

My ex-wife has recently applied, I will get the dates, via Bangkok. She informs me that as of June the centres in Thailand are closing down and everything will be conducted by mail to India. Interesting times ahead for the Thais as they find their personal information sold to the highest bidder.

50 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

My ex-wife has recently applied, I will get the dates, via Bangkok. She informs me that as of June the centres in Thailand are closing down and everything will be conducted by mail to India. Interesting times ahead for the Thais as they find their personal information sold to the highest bidder.

Applications will still be as they are now. Biometrics etc will still be done in Bangkok and Chiang Mai but the decision making center for short stay visas will be moved to New Delhi. All long-term visa decisions are now made in the UK, so there will be no decision making center in Thailand anymore.

8 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

63 working days from online application to settlement visa granted and passport in hand.

congrats.

91 working days now since  biometrics taken and still no news.

sent them an email today to escalate it as I was told in my previous email to them

Archived