UK Visa Timelines Please Add Yours Here

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

congrats.

91 working days now since  biometrics taken and still no news.

sent them an email today to escalate it as I was told in my previous email to them

Thank you. With regards to your application I think it's disgraceful. I have been reading reports on some immigration forums and it may be worth contacting your local MP as a matter of urgency to get a conclusion to your situation.

Here's wishing you a speedy and positive conclusion.

13 hours ago, Creweser said:

Congratulations !

Thank you Creweser!

9 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Thank you. With regards to your application I think it's disgraceful. I have been reading reports on some immigration forums and it may be worth contacting your local MP as a matter of urgency to get a conclusion to your situation.

Here's wishing you a speedy and positive conclusion.

Thank you Creweser!

Received this morning..
15 working days will make it 106 working days in total and that is only to be contacted. 
We more than satisfy the requirements needed for a settlement visa so no idea the continued delay

We escalated your case to the relevant department on 04.04.2018. You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation. 

Your patience is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

[---001:000317:32100---]

Went to Trendy last Wednesday, 12.45 for g/f's Tourist 6 month visa. Got email this morning to say passport is on it's way back........................although it does not say 100% visa issued !

Went to Trendy last Wednesday, 12.45 for g/f's Tourist 6 month visa. Got email this morning to say passport is on it's way back........................although it does not say 100% visa issued !
Good luck. The Visitor visa process in Bangkok is generally very quick and efficient. Whether it will continue to be after the decision-making part moves to India will be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Good luck. The Visitor visa process in Bangkok is generally very quick and efficient. Whether it will continue to be after the decision-making part moves to India will be interesting.

Hopefully they will simply email the application form and supporting documents over to India and the process should be the same. Why they need you to print out the application form baffles me when they have all the info in their PC. Maybe it is still on Windows 7! Now it is the Italian Embassy for a Schengen.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Hopefully they will simply email the application form and supporting documents over to India and the process should be the same. Why they need you to print out the application form baffles me when they have all the info in their PC. Maybe it is still on Windows 7! Now it is the Italian Embassy for a Schengen.

Post some feedback on Italian Schengen when you're through will you? Might want to go there on my annual Europe sojourn with TW and 2 daughters (youngest is free to roam with Brit passport, but other is 'de-facto adopted' -no papers- by us both and a bit of a problem on visas, even though she is now 21)

Just had a bit of a nightmare on process with a French Schengen and will post on that - and the UK - next week (busy til Sunday). Mostly it was due to their inability to respond to questions when their processing system seemed to break down and spat out garbled application forms that did not reflect my full and correct input. Also I found the French requirements on 'family of an EU citizen' so anal (legalisation of everything at Chaeng Wattana, swearing of oaths by me as financing sponsor and an unlawful request for UK confirmation of marriage validity) and potentially time consuming/expensive that I forewent the visa fee waiver (THB 2,100) and paid the travel insurance (ThB 850), running my wife through as though she were an unrelated tourist!

PS I would have printed out the UK application form anyway in order to brief my wife and elder daughter on what the application is about in case they are asked at 'interview' (though they rarely are asked much). 

Visa Type: Settlement

Application Type: Non priority

17/01/18 – Visa Application submitted online.

01/02/18 – Submitted application form in Bangkok

01/02/18 – Sent all supporting documents to Sheffield

02/0218 – Documents arrived in Sheffield

08/02/18 – Documents returned to me.

09/02/18 – Collected documents from Post Office.

27/02/18 – Received email…Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

From when do we start counting the 90 days?

Regards

Guemlum

16 hours ago, Guemlum said:

Visa Type: Settlement

Application Type: Non priority

27/02/18 – Received email…Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

From when do we start counting the 90 days?

Regards

Guemlum

Starts the day biometrics taken but you don't mention them.

• 3 weeks later...

29/04/18 - Wife received visa.

So my wife received her passport back today with  the visa inside. Obviously we are over the moon. No email was sent to say a decision had been made, which surprises me.

The visa says it is valid from 03/05/18 to 02/06/18. I'm assuming this is the 30 day period in which she has to travel to the UK by and in fact the visa is valid for 2.5 years?

Regards

Guemlum

Yes, that is the 30 day period in which she has to travel to the UK - her leave to remain will actually be 2 yrs 9 mths. The end date will be printed on her residency permit (BRP) when you pick that up - I think that will be 03/02/21 in your case.

29/04/18 - Wife received visa.

So my wife received her passport back today with  the visa inside. Obviously we are over the moon. No email was sent to say a decision had been made, which surprises me.

The visa says it is valid from 03/05/18 to 02/06/18. I'm assuming this is the 30 day period in which she has to travel to the UK by and in fact the visa is valid for 2.5 years?

Regards

Guemlum
Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Creweser said:

Yes, that is the 30 day period in which she has to travel to the UK - her leave to remain will actually be 2 yrs 9 mths. The end date will be printed on her residency permit (BRP) when you pick that up - I think that will be 03/02/21 in your case.

Yes, the accompanying letter states her visa is valid from 03/05/18 to 03/02/21 which is 2 years and 9 months. Why is that? I thought it was a 2 year 6 month visa?

Regards

Guemlum

Finally collected the wifes visa 2 days ago. Just over 5 months from application.

Received a phone call to say passport was ready for collection.

No email from Sheffield.

Visa valid from 1st may 2018  till 1st Feb 2021. Multi entry.

As you see there is no 30 day stipulation to enter.

all booked to fly on May 11th.

Archived