SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, wayned said:

Not a done deal yet, he is 847 votes ahead but they are still counting the absentee ballots.

Whatever, it is still a slap in the face for Trump no matter what the outcome. He will get someone to ghost write 'bury my heart in Pittsburgh.'

In any case "trump" humiliated in steel country. There aren't enough uncounted absentee votes to realistically change the leader. Recounts are not mandatory in such races in Pennsylvania. Lamb has claimed victory but media isn't calling it yet.

Bring on the midterms!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

I suspect that there will be a News Topic posted once there is some news on the Pennsylvania election.   It's sort getting a little far afield for this thread.   You are welcome to post, but be aware that eventually, it may be cleaned up and posts removed.

Thus far on CNN, they talked with a Republican who said Trump campaigning does not help Republicans in these races.   Whether that is a referendum on Trump is something that may be worthwhile in a discussion.  

• Like 1

A detailed discussion about how this Pa. special election was a referendum on "trump" or not. Of course, I think it was. He made it more so with his bizarre unhinged fascist rally there.

What Pennsylvania’s special election can tell us about Democrats’ chances to take back the House

Here's why everyone in Washington is talking about a special congressional election in Pennsylvania: It's a very real possibility that a Democrat could win Tuesday in a district that President Trump won by 20 points in 2016.

This election is the first chance both sides have to gauge how their party will do in the first midterm elections of Trump's presidency. If Democrats can win the mostly white, blue-collar southwestern Pittsburgh-area district, it might be an indication of their shot in more moderate districts, like the 23 Republican-held seats that also voted for Hillary Clinton, in their pursuit to take control of the House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/13/what-pennsylvanias-special-election-can-tell-us-about-democrats-chances-to-take-back-the-house/

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The humiliating defeat for "trump" in Pa. has been met with twitter silence. Oh my! 

On that note, there is an interesting article in this week's "The Economist":  It has been statistically proven that a lie spreads ten times faster than the truth on Twitter.   https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21738354-lie-halfway-round-world-while-truth-still-putting-its-shoes   I think it is safe to assume that this holds true for other forms of social media.

Rest assured, when Trump or Fox News invents a lie to explain the Pennsylvania results, it will explode on Twitter.

Edit:  This is why I trust established reputable news sources over internet click-bait and social media fiction. 

Edited by heybruce
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Scott said:

I suspect that there will be a News Topic posted once there is some news on the Pennsylvania election.   It's sort getting a little far afield for this thread.   You are welcome to post, but be aware that eventually, it may be cleaned up and posts removed.

Thus far on CNN, they talked with a Republican who said Trump campaigning does not help Republicans in these races.   Whether that is a referendum on Trump is something that may be worthwhile in a discussion.  

I can't think of a worse campaign strategy. "I was Trump before Trump was Trump" and then bringing in the the POTUS to stir shit up at one of his tent revivals. What the hell was that guy thinking?

When the reality TV president has no clue he just makes stuff up and presents them as facts. The sad thing is that he truly believes his own made up facts without any basis in reality.

Trump boasts about making up facts to Trudeau over trade deficit

“I said, ‘Wrong Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong Justin.’”

48 minutes ago, heybruce said:

This was Trump bragging about lying to a key US ally, arguably our most important ally, at a fundraiser. 

In an earlier post I speculated that Trump lies so automatically he may not realize it.   I was wrong, he knows when he's lying and is so proud of it he brags about it.

So Trump by the way also braggs about misleading his supporters -Trudeau knows  the facts - Trump's core supporters need and want to ignore them (Trump is perfectly right .. I could "shoot somebody and not lose any voters.")

Edited by Opl

Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia

WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has subpoenaed the Trump Organization to turn over documents, including some related to Russia, according to two people briefed on the matter. The order is the first known instance of the special counsel demanding records directly related to President Trump’s businesses, bringing the investigation closer to the president.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/politics/trump-organization-subpoena-mueller-russia.html?referer=https://t.co/v0otiI36dr?amp=1#click=https://t.co/v0otiI36dr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, but looking at his finances crosses "trump's" red line. It's a suspicious red line because his insistence on that indicates there may be guilt to be found there, such as money laundering. As things get closer to "trump" Mueller and or Sessions may be getting closer to being fired. Then what?!?

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

We joke an awful lot about Trump's stupidity, his lying, his lack of knowledge about pretty much every important topic...but Trump really is a danger to America.  Nevermind the divisiveness, destruction to the environment, corruption, etc., Trump refuses to do anything about the Russians.  And this is what they're doing as a result....

[Russian hackers are conducting a broad assault on the U.S. electric grid, water processing plants, air transportation facilities and other targets in rolling attacks on some of the country’s most sensitive infrastructure, U.S. government officials said Thursday.]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-15/russian-hackers-attacking-u-s-power-grid-aviation-fbi-warns

Come on Trump, freakin do something!

Hopefully they keep what they're doing under wraps. No need to broadcast it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, but looking at his finances crosses "trump's" red line. It's a suspicious red line because his insistence on that indicates there may be guilt to be found there, such as money laundering. As things get closer to "trump" Mueller and or Sessions may be getting closer to being fired. Then what?!?

This red line thing is one of my favorite Cheeto-isms.  An analogy of being pulled over by highway patrol, the officer looking at the driver's license, and him saying "you can't look in the trunk, that's off limits."

It all goes back to the immaturity thing: they behave like they're guilty, any grade school teacher could see that right off.

I never thought I would say this, but where's J. Edgar Hoover when we need him?  If he was still around the DT inaugaration would never have happened.  (but neither would legal weed either)

Edited by bendejo

Winning! Seems like the USA is not so happy as before.

While Progressive Nordic Nations Thrive on Global Happiness Index, US Drops to 'Alarming' #18

Nordic countries with strong social welfare structures fared best, as they have in previous years, on the United Nation's annual accounting of global happiness—while the United States finished in 18th place, down four spots from 2017.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Definitely better than I currently feel about it.

If it's the Trump thing don't let it get you down.This too will pass.

Most folks get who they voted for president about half the time. No one I've ever voted for for president has been elected.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Sad 1

In an act of spite, encouraged by Trump, Sessions has fired McCabe 26 hours before his retirement commences, thereby highly likely to forefite many retirement benefits. Pure bastardry which hopefully will haunt both Sessions and Trump.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-17/jeff-session-fires-former-fbi-director-andrew-mccabe/9559050

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1