Divx To Tv?

h90

I often download DivX or Xvid movies (for the mod: of course no copyrighted material, private movies).

Would like to see them on TV. My DVD player does not support that.

Whats the way to go? recode them to DVD or SVCD? Do I loose quality?

Which program to use?

My computer is far away from the TV, cable --> Mrs h90 will kill me.

Laptop has no TV out....

thx

h90

I personally use Ulead movie factory

a program that can automatically convert

your avi files(xvid, divx) and burn them

to a dvd and you can watch them on your

tv. You can also make your own dvd menus etc.

I got the program bundled with my dvd burner.

h90 there was a thread a few days ago about hardware to link your computer to the tv. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101978

some useful links with storage devices that playback divx format movies. look quite nice and i am thinking of getting one myself. at least this way you don't have to keep burning dvds. only have to connect to computer and upload/download. http://www.pccasegear.com/category172_1.htm

hope this helps.

You have two choices, either split the file into 2 parts using virtualdub then burn each part using Nero to create a VCD. Or if you have a DVD burner, just create a DVD using Nero, it will encode and burn them but depending on you system it can take a few hours. Quality is just as good as the original file.

There are other methods to do it but this is my preference.

While I was back in the UK i bought a Paccard Bell DVD stand alone player for 25GBPs off ebay. So no need to encode and now I can get up to 5 divx films on one 4.7gb DVD disc

Edited by kenjin

You have two choices, either split the file into 2 parts using virtualdub then burn each part using Nero to create a VCD. Or if you have a DVD burner, just create a DVD using Nero, it will encode and burn them but depending on you system it can take a few hours. Quality is just as good as the original file.

While I was back in the UK i bought a Paccard Bell DVD stand alone player for 25GBPs off ebay. So no need to encode and now I can get up to 5 divx films on one 4.7gb DVD disc

A few years ago I was converting DivX to DVD, but it takes a long time and you go thru alot of DVDs.

Then I bought a Pioneer DVD player with DivX capability for under 3,000B. This has been great, i can fit around 5 movies onto a single DVD which only takes a few mins to burn.

Now I'm looking a buying a DVD/DivX player with a USB port, which will make things easier again. There's one availbale, but it's Family brand, which I'm not too sure about.

Ideally I'd like a player where I could connect a computer to, so that I could run the files from my computer to TV. I'd like to hook a computer directly to my TV, but I think this can be tricky. The only problem with the DVD/DivX players is occasionally they can't play files downloaded.

Inexpensive DVD players that support DivX can be bought in Thailand. Saves messing around with conversions and saves money on disks. Some players even come with a USB port so you can plug in a memory stick.

Do you know any brands that have the USB port? I've only been able to find a one made by Family. It's B3,000 and also comes with small sound system.

Also, besides a USB stick, do you think they could handle an external hard drive?

Ideally I'd like a player where I could connect a computer to, so that I could run the files from my computer to TV. I'd like to hook a computer directly to my TV, but I think this can be tricky. The only problem with the DVD/DivX players is occasionally they can't play files downloaded.

This what you need: MediaMVP

If cabling is not too difficult, the wired version is hooked up to your PC through a regular LAN cable.

There's also a wireless version available, perfect for those who already have an accesspoint!

Unfortunately, they're not for sale in Thailand. Got mine in Singapore...

The easiest thing would be to make sure you have a TV out connector from your graphics card.(If not buy one, dirtcheap, about 1500 Baht)

(that little yellow phono connector).You connect that straight to your TV.

For sound, use an adapter cable with the same phono output, also connects directly to your TV.

Personally I burn to DVD and watch in one of those "3000 baht standalone players".

Nero can do that? Do I need to install the codec somehow? Because at the moment it is not installed.

Don’t know if this will help your particular case but I had problems with burning DVD’s (mainly a collection of baby stuff) that would only play on some DVD players.

The answer I found, eventually, was to burn them on + or – DVD’s depending which your player can handle.

It worked for me :o

D.D.