Education and Underage Drinking

DJ54

I live in a village near Kumphawapi. Seems a lot of Thai especially from villages drop out of school in 8th grade @ 13-14 years old. Unfortunately they won’t get the proper training to make a better life. Why doesn’t government do something to improve situation. 

Underage Drinking. I’ve been to many of the concerts in the village and neighboring villages. A number of underaged children 

drinking beer and whisky. Some look to be as young as 10. The lack of education and drinking at young age won’t help their futures. Anything being done to address this issue? 

Underaged children on motorcycles. Another problem area. 

19 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Why doesn’t government do something to improve situation.

Why would they care?

What would the incentive for the government be?

I think its easier to rule over a million idiots than over a room full of smart people.

When only outsiders even recognise there is an issue on this, and many other topics, it's pretty clear what will happen.  Effall as usual.  IF this, or any previous or future government had the desire to 'fix' any of these issues they would have at least tried to but when they don't even pay lip service to them there is little hope for the poor and uneducated to drag themselves out of the ditch.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:13 AM, DJ54 said:

Seems a lot of Thai especially from villages drop out of school in 8th grade @ 13-14 years old.

To my knowledge they can drop put after P6 (Primary 6), which equals International Year 7, typically aged around 13. It was, and perhaps still is, common in villages that kids needed to help in farms or family business from that age, or the girls shall work as maid (nanny) or like and send money home; whilst boys rather often are known for enjoyed laziness, and spend more time with friends and driving on bikes...:whistling:

It seems like children in rural areas are still often considered as a combination of income and retirement saving, probably not that easy to change. If looking at Europe – and perhaps other places also, but I know Europe best – about 100-years ago (+/-) it was not that different. Low income families had their kids working after six years in school, girls often send to "serve" in larger farms or as maid by middle- or upper class familie in towns. How did that change in Europe..? And from when when did common familie's children in general attend high school, or higher levels of school and education..? Probably similar kind of progress that is needed in Thailand..!

Archived