MIG welding supplies

Litlos

I am looking at buying a welding machine for doing small jobs around the house.  All the experts at work are saying go with MIG for thin materials, or 1.6mm rods.  So not being in Thailand at the moment I cannot run down to the local hardware store.  Plenty of options on Lazada to confuse me, but cannot find to much on consumables.  The UK and Australia seem to have disposable CO2 cylinders available, have not found this advertised in Thailand so far.

So has anyone had any experience sourcing welding supplies around the South Pattaya area eg wire, CO2 cylinder, 1.6mm electrodes etc?

Cheers

CO2 or Argon are easy mixed gases more difficult. Small bottles you can rent on deposit all over TH.

There are consumable supplies everywhere if you ask around your area. Hardware House also keep a fair stock.

If you want a reliable DIY MIG or TIG with good support and service consider Jasic Thailand and the agent KTW. 

22 minutes ago, INDI12 said:

how about flux cored welding wire? no gas for shielding. anyone know where to find spools of that? im in chiang mai. i still have quite a bit but will run out be nice to find it instead of bringing with me

I looked at that, but decided against it as hard to find supplies and the machines here do not have any reference to it.  I found on Aliexpress , search for Mig Welding Flux Cored wire AWS E71T-11 on Aliexpress and you should find it.

Cheers

• 4 months later...
On 1/29/2018 at 4:41 PM, INDI12 said:

how about flux cored welding wire? no gas for shielding. anyone know where to find spools of that? im in chiang mai. i still have quite a bit but will run out be nice to find it instead of bringing with me

yes I have just bought a MIG/MMA and wanted the flux cored wire spool gas shielded and the shop owner just looked at me for a few seconds and the reply was ..you do not want that because it does not last but here re some gloves and a leather apron and what about vise clamps ...shit always get the sales pitch on krap I already have ..paid 15500 tbh and walked out now have to try and get coreedflux wire from a welding suppies shop...anyone know where I can get E71T-GS 5kg wire spool ...can get it from Europe but 1200tbh freight 

I ended up buying a machine out of China via Aliexpress and have been using it with flux cored wire, I got them to throw a couple of extra spools of wire in the box as the standalone freight was high.  I will be bringing in a few kg every time I go to Australia to see the family.

I have found this reference in Thailand:

http://www.varakorntrading.com/article/57abfee80903f58883e331d5/E71T-1_Und_-_Und_LW-71_LP/57aac9d909e674144c81c837/57aac6ef09e674144c81c7cb?q=TP1

One thing that came through loud and clear from people who have used the flux cored wire is you need to reverse the polarity from standard MIG.  I did this and going pretty well for not welding anything for 30 years.

Cheers

Archived