AIS TV

Farangdanny

AIS offer Platinum scheme with TV through their fibre optic line , many good channels , with unlimited internet. Only 599 per month. Similar from True satellite 1,500/month without the internet. Is the TV reception likely to be as good as satellite ? Anyone have experience of TV from AIS ? Thanks

17 minutes ago, Farangdanny said:

Thank you. Please suggest it.

purchase an android box   unless you have a smart tv  already  kick off with  MOBDRO  on android

also on the browser of the box try FIRST ONE TV   mobdro not on app store  all these are free no fees atall

Edited by Lamkyong
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, whiteman said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

if you do manage to wake from your slumber to any one interested in receiving programes  from their home countries   might be more awake than you seem to be ok dont bother sweet dreams anyway

5 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

if you do manage to wake from your slumber to any one interested in receiving programes  from their home countries   might be more awake than you seem to be ok dont bother sweet dreams anyway

pulse tv is the way to go

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up;  I just signed up for the AIS fiber 50mbs/30mbs  & AIS play box . They upgraded me to 100 mbs/40 mbs and 1 free month of their 599 tv service. ...reception is excellent via wifi, crystal   clear.  

MY BEST wifi is 54 mbs/34  ( laptop is 8" from the modem), right now 44/27...
  My best lan cable ( cat 6 which they recommended ) was 14/24  ;-(

I have called and complained so lets see what they do..

waiting on my android box and will go with HD Prime

yes it was added,  the picture is good BUT its still not worth the 599/month they charge

can get hdprime on the ais playbox....

PS; up date, am using a Cat 6 lan cable to laptop, to lan port 1( not all lan ports are as fast)

speeds right now,,,104 mbs down,  44 up:smile:

yet the tech, when he was here the other day, said it was my computer was to old....  he spent 1 hour playing with his computer not trying to adjust mine...

On 1/29/2018 at 10:51 PM, Lamkyong said:

purchase an android box   unless you have a smart tv  already  kick off with  MOBDRO  on android

also on the browser of the box try FIRST ONE TV   mobdro not on app store  all these are free no fees atall

when i tried to download MOBDRO, on my LG smart tv, it said i have to enable unknown sources. go to setting and security.  i dont have a security button in my settings. Now what?

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 1:51 PM, Lamkyong said:

AIS Play box is free with the fibre package picture quality is hd quality and up to now we've had no problems and you don't have a dirty great satellite dish. The play box is the basic package but you can pay extra for more channels.  

Yes I'm watching TV on my AIS fiber right now and it's absolutely awesome.  And no it's nothing like True Satellite TV it's much better.  I have all the HBO channels, CNN, Fox News, Headline News, and several other news channels to include foreign and European news channels.  I have the FX channel, Fox Crime and several other Fox Channels to include Fox Action movies, and the Fox Movies channel.  I have Cinemax and on and on it's 100 times better than True and much better than what True used to be even before they lost their contract with HBO.  I have more channels with AIS than I ever had with True.  I have the full package AIS internet, cable service which is streamed through the internet, and iPhone service it's definitely worth it.  I think it's really the only option for me.  True sucks ever since they lost their HBO contract and they were never that great even when they did have HBO.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, stergthai said:

Does AIS TV get live American NFL games like True does?

No, not this past season. TrueVisions had exclusive Thai broadcast rights via SI.

You can subscribe to NFL Network ($199 for the season outside the U.S., all games live and all the extras) and stream over AIS Fibre or any other broadband provider.

One never knows what might happen next season as this usually only gets sorted late on the Wednesday before the Thursday kick-off game.

AIS does have some sports, including the NBA, but they charge extra for these channels.

I have the ais platinum home package ( got the first month free) with the 100mbs/40 mbs  internet  ( 699/month)  special deal

yes lots of  HBO< FOX< and thai tv stations are there, BUT i wont be keeping it for 599 baht/month when can get everything they have for free with an android box and just like true did (when i had it 4 years ago)  they repeat alot

Still much better than True and at 599 it is affordable

Dont see any NFL or NBA but do see Fox sports 1,2,3 ( college Basketball, tennis)  a golf & fight station..

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

yea but u cant watch it on the tv:::

Customers who have applied for the AIS-NBA package from AIS can use their NBA account (Thailand) on smartphones and tablets through the NBA application installed via App Store and Google Play only. Using the account through the internet, browser, smart TV or media streaming devices is not allowed.

;-( The  nba league pass which is good for an android box is 399/month

also the ais play box does not allow 3rd party apps

Edited by phuketrichard

9 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

yea but u cant watch it on the tv:::

Of course, you can but you need to stream it from a phone to something like a Google Chromecast or Apple AirPlay (attached to your TV); this is detailed in the link provided.

Same same as the 2016 Summer Olympics.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can I suggest rather than getting a AIS Play box, just get a Chromecast for 1,600฿ from an AIS store then download AIS Play on your smartphone and just cast everything. Platinum package is 300฿ I think or the sports for just 200฿.
Perfect picture quality and you don’t need an AIS fiber connection. Sports package includes Fox 1,2,3 Golf Channel and Fight, which shows a lot of US and U.K. Boxing live.
The BeIN Sports Connect app is only 1,600 a year and you get all the footy live and perfect picture.

6 hours ago, larry70dj said:

Can I suggest rather than getting a AIS Play box

You still need broadband internet, a Chromecast (although most new TVs have streaming built-in), a mobile phone with an AIS SIM. If you have AIS Fiber then they seem to toss in the Playbox for free.

That said, the packages are similar (Play vs. Playbox; but not exactly the same) although they do have some interesting promotions on the Play side right now. And Play gives you some "portability", and can be used on any broadband internet service. Additionally, Play may have options otherwise unavailable, since they often get exclusive "mobile streaming" rights for events like the Olympics. They may get World Cup as they did step in at the last moment to pitch in for the fee, although True Corp was already there? Some guess they'll split coverage somehow.

I think these are the current Play promotions; the two Premier packages are 100 baht off currently.

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went to resubscribe to AIS Play sports package today (199฿) and there was an option for a World Sport package (99฿) but it doesn’t work and is clearly a trial.
There is no listing for this package on the app or online. Does anyone have any more info?
If it’s for Fox1,2,3 and Golf and Fight it’s a really good deal.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:11 AM, larry70dj said:

Can I suggest rather than getting a AIS Play box, just get a Chromecast for 1,600฿ from an AIS store then download AIS Play on your smartphone and just cast everything. Platinum package is 300฿ I think or the sports for just 200฿.
Perfect picture quality and you don’t need an AIS fiber connection. Sports package includes Fox 1,2,3 Golf Channel and Fight, which shows a lot of US and U.K. Boxing live.
The BeIN Sports Connect app is only 1,600 a year and you get all the footy live and perfect picture.

The channel line up on AIS Play (Platinum) is not the same as Playbox (Platinum).  Quite a few channels missing from AIS Play, 16 at the last count.  Their programme guide shows which channels are Playbox only.  Of course it will be depend on whether the missing channels are ones that you want.

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/programguide.html

Edited by SooKee

Just got back from a market run at 10:15am and my AIS Fibre connection is down...Loss of Signal to the router which means zero AIS Fibre internet at my house.  Was working fine before leaving for the market around 9am...to include the Playboxes still streaming fine.  Router light for Loss of Incoming Signal is blinking which means no signal arriving.  I'm now using internet via hotspot from my smartphone on DTAC network.  

Anyway, called the AIS 1175 and instead of getting the options to talk to a rep/human a computer/recording states my AIS internet number and basically says they already know I have a loss of internet. 

And "I think the recording says since it's hard to understand the English recording in some places" is that the problem is due to an outage at the California Exchange and service will be restored around 14:07....but don't quote me on the "California Exchange and times" as the English is really hard to understand on the recording.  I called twice and still not sure what portions of the recording is saying especially if they are saying "California" in one spot which makes no sense just to get a local/in-Thailand internet connection.

29 minutes ago, Pib said:

Just got back from a market run at 10:15am and my AIS Fibre connection is down...Loss of Signal to the router which means zero AIS Fibre internet at my house.  Was working fine before leaving for the market around 9am...to include the Playboxes still streaming fine.  Router light for Loss of Incoming Signal is blinking which means no signal arriving.  I'm now using internet via hotspot from my smartphone on DTAC network.  

Anyway, called the AIS 1175 and instead of getting the options to talk to a rep/human a computer/recording states my AIS internet number and basically says they already know I have a loss of internet. 

And "I think the recording says since it's hard to understand the English recording in some places" is that the problem is due to an outage at the California Exchange and service will be restored around 14:07....but don't quote me on the "California Exchange and times" as the English is really hard to understand on the recording.  I called twice and still not sure what portions of the recording is saying especially if they are saying "California" in one spot which makes no sense just to get a local/in-Thailand internet connection.

Listened to the recording again...little clearer recording this time....it's saying the "telephone exchange" not the California exchange.   

Plus, I even posted above in the wrong AIS thread....must not be awake yet.