PM Prayut satisfied with report that Thailand still world's best to start business

webfact

On 29/01/2018 at 3:34 PM, toughlove said:

Anybody who invested in mines in 3rd world countries knows 100% they remain in the business by avoiding environmental impact studies and closure in the way of astronomical sized brown envelopes.

The PM knocked that corruption on the head like he has been constantly doing for years now

The mine will reopen its suspended not stolen but the goal posts for Kingsgate will have taken a adjustment

Good move!

I happen to know someone who is involved in the mining business in Thailand on executive level, and since he is an Australian he is also familiar with Kingsgate and the mine in question.

He told me that some time ago a government official had informed Kingsgate that he wanted to have a big share in the company, which was refused for obvious reasons.

That was the moment that the :hit-the-fan:

Many of these so called 'surveys' and reports are created by companies with posh sounding names like Oxford research group or Cambridge business analysis, they are actually just propaganda tools for sale to the highest bidder, and produce glowing reports based on fake or distorted data. You want to improve the image of your country, you hire them. They work nearly exclusively in the developing/third world. 

The reports themselves are produced by naive desperate graduates who are hired in the west, dumped in a foreign country without work permits and told they do not get paid until they have finished their work. They collect and compile the data (often obtained from vested interests) and then a manager produces the final report ..... and the government/company who paid for it comes out smelling of roses.