Phuket-bound tourists injured as van crashes off-road

webfact

Phuket-bound tourists injured as van crashes off-road

Eakkapop Thongtub

1517369614_1-org.jpg

The van crashed off-road while the tourists were were heading to Phuket this morning (Jan 31). Photo: Phang Nga Rescue team

PHUKET: Twelve Chinese tourists have been taken to hospital for injuries sustained when the passenger van they were travelling in crashed south of Khao Lak while heading to Phuket this morning (Jan 31).

The accident occurred on Phet Kasem Rd in Lam Kaen subdistrict at about 7am, rescue workers reported.

Emergency responders from the Phang Nga Rescue team transported the injured tourists to Thai Muang Hospital.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-bound-tourists-injured-as-van-crashes-off-road-65782.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-31

2 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Given the quality of the drivers supplied with these vans, I wonder how many of the passengers were wearing seat belts?

I think it is not necessarily the quality of the drivers, but rather the complete absence of a sense of responsibility in the entire country

I feel sorry for the people who have had their holiday ruined but surely it was way overdue to start penalising the owners. I suppose if they were to actually drive safely, thus being slower in delivering their passengers, then the higher ups might miss out on a few sales at the latex shops.

I wont ever enter a minivan in Thailand or even a bus.
I won't ride pillion on a bike either.
Taxis from the airport scare the crap out of me but i don't travel out much so a risk once in while is ok.

I put my life in my own hands here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

I feel sorry for the people who have had their holiday ruined but surely it was way overdue to start penalising the owners. I suppose if they were to actually drive safely, thus being slower in delivering their passengers, then the higher ups might miss out on a few sales at the latex shops.

Getting tough on owners is like saying Elvis will rise from the dead tom.  The inspectors  come around to check  the vans and when they start the vehicle inspection they  feel something bulging in their top pockets Then the cry comes out "Its an envelope" Where did that come from from"? Ok you pass inspection

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

Taxis from the airport scare the crap out of me but i don't travel out much so a risk once in while is ok.

Go on sebastion Where is your sense  of humor Its fun

12 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Getting tough on owners is like saying Elvis will rise from the dead tom.  The inspectors  come around to check  the vans and when they start the vehicle inspection they  feel something bulging in their top pockets Then the cry comes out "Its an envelope" Where did that come from from"? Ok you pass inspection

Ah, that's why they all have GPS now, why all the drivers have uniforms and name tags.

Maybe wrong priorities, I would agree with that, but envelopes for van inspection, no.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ah, that's why they all have GPS now, why all the drivers have uniforms and name tags.

Maybe wrong priorities, I would agree with that, but envelopes for van inspection, no.

ok bank account number would be better then  lol 

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

"I put my life in my own hands here." - and your life is also in the hands of the drivers heading in the opposite direction.  Right? 

5 hours ago, sebastion said:

Me too! I did a visa run from Bangkok to Vientiane about 7 years ago and I don't think I've been in a minibus since. Absolute lunatics!

I hired a car recently to drive to Ranong. It was more expensive than going by minibus, but my life is worth more than 3,500B.

Hired one of these death traps a few years ago to travel from Pattaya to Chang Mai  NEVER again. they are an accident waiting to happen and the manufacturers of said vehicles should be locked up.

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

On the bright side , the GPS said where they had crashed !

For a rollover in one of these tin cans, they seem to have been extremely fortunate in finding a cleared area to execute the maneuver.

Usually they find trees, buildings, lamp posts or other vehicles. Pure luck the vehicle remained relatively undamaged and injuries were few. 

56 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I wonder how many Chinese died in these road accidents last year? It seems like a lot according to the articles posted on Thai Visa.

I wonder why Chinese are not making a big stink about this.

As a percentage of the huge number of Chinese visitors each year it probably fits into the normal road death and drowning mortality rates for Chinese at home,  and is therefore relatively insignificant.

Sounds like some people do not travel very much. When I was entering Thailand I warched a

farang wiping everything down in the jet where he was, I told him that he did not have enough wipes

if he was visiting Thailand. Then I let him know how he really was not a green person, as his wipes became instant litter every time he threw one away. 

Geezer

I only use the mini buses, when there is not largentour buses available, as I havebseen way too

many of these kinds of crashes over the years. Sombat tour company is better trusted by my Thai family, than renting or using the mini buses.

Just saying.

Geezer