"Thai lights"

tideout

I used to see them all the time on Khao San Road and a few other places - I'm talking about the Thai - lights that are basically what we'd call Christmas tree lights with colored balls, mini lanterns and other shapes that covered the bulbs. I always wanted to pick up a few for friends or relatives back home. Where did they go or where can you find them now?  Did they just go out of style?

Cheers

If you are talking about the tiny blinking kind (various colors) I have seen those at Big C Extra, for the other kind that have bulbs contained in plastic Christmas kitsch those I have seen in Thai Watsadu , both in Pattaya, 220 V so doesn't do me any good to take them back to the US

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

If you are talking about the tiny blinking kind (various colors) I have seen those at Big C Extra, for the other kind that have bulbs contained in plastic Christmas kitsch those I have seen in Thai Watsadu , both in Pattaya, 220 V so doesn't do me any good to take them back to the US

Here's a link to an Amazon reseller. I should have posted the pic earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/My-Fairy-lights-Wedding-Hanging/dp/B00J2N6S34/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1517460582&sr=8-21&keywords=Thai+lights

I guess these must have been re-rigged for US standards?

Just now, Rc2702 said:

I love those blinking lights. They kind of drip light from one end to the other. Never found them anywhere. 

I never saw them blinking but I just saw them "on" at the stalls near Khaosan. Maybe the 110/220 mismatch did them in if a lot of tourists couldn't use them back home. Funny to see a couple of Amazon complaints about how dim they were - I think that was an intended subtlety. :-)

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I love those blinking lights. They kind of drip light from one end to the other. Never found them anywhere. 

If you mean the snowfall thingies, about 60cm long light runs from to to bottom. We got ours from a little shop in the basement of Zeer Rangsit.

Just now, Crossy said:

If you mean the snowfall thingies, about 60cm long light runs from to to bottom. We got ours from a little shop in the basement of Zeer Rangsit.

Yeah those ones but I'm after battery operated or even solar powered and with 2-3 light modes, anything but mains powered. Any ideas?