Reporting Address at Jomtien

daystick

Hello

Can anyone give me a heads up on what is required to report my address to Jomtien immigration. I know there is a form the housemaster is supposed to fill out but are there any other requirements I need to be aware of before making the trip to immigration?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Looks like I posted to the wrong forum :-(

>> Moved 

I believe you are referring to 90 day reporting. There is a form you can complete at Immigration or download from their website. Bring a copy of your title deed(house or condo) or rental contract and utility bill, whichever applies. 

1 hour ago, ThaiBob said:

I believe you are referring to 90 day reporting. There is a form you can complete at Immigration or download from their website. Bring a copy of your title deed(house or condo) or rental contract and utility bill, whichever applies. 

A 90 day report only requires a passport. I believe the OP is talking about reporting his address on arrival in Thailand.

Before I had the barcode slip report   for 90 day report they wanted.

Copy of passport picture page
copy of TM-card
copy of last entry stamp
copy of current visa
some form of proof of address
90 day report application  TM47
passport

If wanting to inform them that you came back or moved from somewhere else then its a different form

I think TM30

tm30.doc

6 minutes ago, johng said:

Before I had the barcode slip report   for 90 day report they wanted.

Copy of passport picture page
copy of TM-card
copy of last entry stamp
copy of current visa
some form of proof of address
90 day report application  TM47
passport

If wanting to inform them that you came back or moved from somewhere else then its a different form

I think TM30

tm30.doc

The barcode slip has been used with 90 day reporting for quite some time now. At least it has in Jomtien.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The barcode slip has been used with 90 day reporting for quite some time now. At leastit has in Jomtien.

Yes, I have the bar code slip and now I simply bring my passport. The OP is doing his initial report and will have to be set up in their computer system so he needs the proper documents. 

Just now, johng said:

Yes but how do you get the first barcode slip ?  you need to show them some other documents no ?

Not sure, but they can see when your extension of stay visa was issued, but it seems pretty clear the OP is asking about reporting his address.

1 minute ago, ThaiBob said:

Yes, I have the bar code slip and now I simply bring my passport. The OP is doing his initial report and will have to be set up in their computer system so he needs the proper documents. 

He's asking about reporting his address, not a 90 day report.

Thanks for the replies. My query was about reporting my address. Is there somewhere at immigration or nearby that provides photocopying services? I can't provide all the info required but will try to report my address anyway. I will post how I go for any that may be interested.

Finally decided to make the trip to immigration nine days after arrival in Thailand. I was waiting to try and get some sort of rental contract and an ID from the condo owner but decided not to wait any longer seeing the owner was being non responsive. Only had copies of the first four points on johng list plus a copy of the condo address written in Thai I use for taxis. I was feeling a little anxious about the prospect of fines and potential problems not having any written proof of our address( we are staying in a condo for a month rented via air bnb while our condo is being finished off)

After a long wait, my number was eventually called, sat down and handed over my copies of passport etc and clenched. After a cursory glance at the copies, the  IO filled out the notification of address, stamped and stapled into my passport and handed the passports back with a smile. Apart from the long wait crowded in a small room, a not at all  unpleasant first visit to Jomtien immigration

TM30 you are referring to? Small office to left? Yeah, they are very busy with people registering. Still much uncertainty about need to register or better re-register... Seems to be handled differently in different offices. Phuket now requires re...after every 24 off the island, Southern Provinces required that for a long-time. Who knows really? Some people get fined, some not. Hopefully we can do all this online soon. Would that not make it easier for them too  then dealing with this daily often badly prepared crowds...? Regards. MS>

I went to Jomtiem last week to get the TM30, I'm currently here on a 4 month trip and a SETV. Went to people outside who fill the forms in for, she said 'Do not need, but get one after a visa run' Anyway got my 30 day extension, without doing the TM30. Will do visa run to get another 30 days, then fly out. So will not be doing a TM30.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived