No fence around the pool in our moobaan

Nepal4me

On 2/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, Dazinoz said:
On 2/2/2018 at 10:02 AM, VocalNeal said:

It seems there is a minority of people who seem to have to complain about the country and its rules and customs. In a way the "if you don't like it here then..." response are perfectly understandable

So I often complained about things in my own country. So what would a valid response be there? "if you don't like it here move to another country."?

No one, except immigration has the right to tell anyone to go home.

no foreigner has the right to criticise the traditions, customs, dos and don'ts of his host country. if he does an "if you don't like it leave!" is quite appropriate.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

no foreigner has the right to criticise the traditions, customs, dos and don'ts of his host country. if he does an "if you don't like it leave!" is quite appropriate.

I don't really see how one foreigner can tell another foreigner to leave the host country he is in also. 

4 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I don't really see how one foreigner can tell another foreigner to leave the host country he is in also.

of course i can tell any foreigner to leave my host country if i'm willing to accept obscene gestures and comments in return.

OK OK - So, the 'If you don't like it, go home' posts are unintelligent, offer nothing to the topic and is ultimately someone trying to be somewhat of a smart-a$%e but proving they are more of a boorish twit....  The reality is many of the criticisms we as Westerners recognize in Thailand are often more vociferously discussed by Thai's themselves, the idea that we as foreigners have no right in entertaining such discussions is flawed, I often have many critical discussions with my Thai friends, it only ever seems to be Foreigners [Westerners] who come up with the idiotic comment "if you don't like it..... " Yawn !

Back on Topic: Fence around moo-baan pools....  not that I've ever heard of a tragic story of children drowning in moo-baan pools in Thailand - but it a safe fence would not cause any harm and make them much more safe. 

That said: Has anyone ever seen a fence round a pool in any moo-baan in Thailand ?

19 minutes ago, Naam said:

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

, it only ever seems to be Foreigners [Westerners] who come up with the idiotic comment "if you don't like it..... " Yawn

And most of them seem to be on TVF. 

3 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Stupid comment

No not really.  Most of my friends here and there are many (50-ish) only mention the going home option when we have verbal conversations about TVF numpties who complain about everything here rather than adapting and getting on with life.

Archived