How Much Cash In Your Pocket?

Tarqin

I only carry what my wife will give me and never an ATM card -- then I cannot get into trouble and everyone knows it is no use asking me for money. The ladies at the bar now ask me whether I want soda or water.

Do you confuse them by saying you want both?

Soda water. :o

I take cash from the ATM in 2000 Baht hits, and it lasts me a long time as I use a credit or electron card wherever possible.

You mean 20,000 don't you? 2,000 would only last me a couple of nights. :o

Nope- 2000 was correct, for my "walking around" pocket money.

I'm not a big drinker / bar crawler, so I don't need large amounts of cash. Most of the restaurants and places that I do go will take a credit card.

Of course, If I am going out for a night to a place that I know won't take plastic or making some other big purchase in cash, a trip to the ATM is in order to get what I'll need.

Bino, good luck to you if you can manage your affairs so well but I am shit scared of using my credit card after I had mine skimmed in Indonesia a few years ago. I went home after a holiday and 6 Months later someone did 3 transactions on my card to the tune of $3,500. It took me 6 Months to clear my name and the debt incurred. The only place I ever used my credit Card in Pattaya was the Sizzler restaurant and I only did it there because the machine was right in front of my eyes and I watched the whole transaction, good luck anyway.