KYC proof of address document

Hi,

I need a KYC proof of address document (utility bill, bank statement, govt letter etc), for certain services that want proof of my thai residential address e.g foreign banks, incorporation agents & trading accounts.

I have a thai bank account. But they don't send paper statements and don't show any address on the online statements - so that wasn't a solution for me.

My apartments just sends monthly receipts (in Thai) with water & electricity on this. I.e I can't get water/gas/electric utility bills with my name on them. I'm not sure if these receipts will be good enough to be acceptable if translated.

Id prefer a letter from a TV/internet/telecom that was more professional looking letter than the receipts I have. But  I need to know which ones will send letters, & preferably in English.

I'd prefer to avoid the embassy route, and get docs certified by a lawyer instead. Also it helps to get new statements every month, since I'll expect other verifications in the future which will require recent (<3month old) documents.

Can anyone recommend a a specific solution e.g brand + service of TV/internet/phone that sends english statments (maybe some arn't available to my building and ill need to check if i can get those).?

Edited by trendflo

It is not clear to me what Indian financial institutions want to see from customers who have a domicile in Thailand. I would expect they want something pretty formal, and would personally bite the bullet and try to get something through your embassy. I am far from convinced that a Thai utility bill would be acceptable (though, for those in India, a domestic utility bill would likely be OK).

I didnt mention anything about india.

I'm just asking where to get a TV/phone/internet bill that will show my Thai address.

UK is normally used to dealing with utility bills & banks statements as suitable KYC docs. Most of my cases that are verifying proof of address will be satisfied if its signed as a true copy by an lawyer/attorney. They'd need to be translated if not in English - so easier if the originals weren't in thai. Embassy notarisation is a last resort and i'd rather figure out a more practical way.

Edited by trendflo

On 2/2/2018 at 3:42 AM, trendflo said:

Id prefer a letter from a TV/internet/telecom that was more professional looking letter than the receipts I have. But  I need to know which ones will send letters, & preferably in English.

Most of them that have an online service site have to the option of getting bills in English or Thai. I know that AIS and True both have the option.

Edit: Getting s certificate of residence from Immigration might be another option. It would be in Thai but getting it translated to English would not cost much.

Edited by ubonjoe

• 1 month later...

any other options , I am still checking out where I want to be based , and am staying in serviced apartments for the main part .

Dtac dont give bills as I am prepaid , (Even though I have been with them for 10 years) and they need a Thai credit card apparently now to go post paid.

Still not sorted my retirement extension as not based in a residence as such , and don't want to have a hassle with IO,