Multiple entry O-A

Just picked up my new O-A (long stay) visa at LA. I was surprised & pleased to see it was marked "multiple entry". When had this started? My last one was only for single entry so i had to get re-entry permits when leaving to keep visa valid. Now I can do border crossings worry (and baht) free.

The only OA visas they have issued for over a decade are multiple entry visas.

You can get almost 2 years of total stay from your visa by doing an entry just before it expires. After it expires you need a re-entry permit to keep the last entry valid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rewthai said:

I got first O-A three years ago but was not marked "multiple entry". Confused. During "second" year, am I still able to leave & return without re-entry permit? Thanks for setting me straight.

How much was the fee for that OA visa? If it was $200 it was a multiple entry visa. A single entry is only $80.

After your visa expires you have to have a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your last entry valid if you want to travel.

37 minutes ago, Rewthai said:

So if I leave & re-enter just before end of first year, I get another 12 months. I will not need re-entry permit be needed during those 12 months?

A re-entry permit is needed to keep your permission to stay intact when you leave and re-enter Thailand after expiry of your visa.

So if I leave & re-enter just before end of first year, I get another 12 months. I will not need re-entry permit be needed during those 12 months?

Each time you leave and return prior to the enter before date that is on your non imm o-a visa you will gain an additional 12 months from that return date.

The enter before date is an earlier date and unrelated to the one year from the date you entered Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I got first O-A three years ago but was not marked "multiple entry".

All the multiple entry visas I've gotten have just been annotated with an "M" in the number of entries column. You're saying your recent OA visa actually had "multiple entries" spelled out?

I got first O-A three years ago but was not marked "multiple entry".

All the multiple entry visas I've gotten have just been annotated with an "M" in the number of entries column. You're saying your recent OA visa actually had "multiple entries" spelled out?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Including my current visa, over the past five years I have obtained five non imm o-a multi entry visas via the LA Thai Consulate. Each one is annotated with an M to indicate the number of entries, and each one cost $200 US.