Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

rooster59

City women have a much better chance of fitting in when moving to the EU or USA etc especially if they have been working in a decent job after a decent education.

A country girl who left school at 14 stands very little chance of settling in and in being accepted socially in many instances. ( Yes exceptions exist. ) 

A country girl who is intelligent and has a sense of adventure will do well, even more so if her expat husband allows her the freedom to do it, many don't and it soon goes wrong.

Being able to communicate in EU or USA is very important for Asians who move there, much more important than it is for expats living here. If they don't have brains or interest to learn it's just not going to work for them.

• Like 2

She wasn't so much bellyaching as trying to educate people back home about the realities of her day-to-day life abroad. If she plans to keep making U-tube videos, a more professional haircut and colour job might be a good idea. Good luck, sister.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

i doubt she ate garbage in the jungle

makes me wonder who is more ignorant of the otherr's culture

Manufactured meat on a stick is not real food. And adding cabbage does not make it a meal. Even with lashings of sauce, it's garbage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes I think they are being a bit hard on her, when she talks on the video it's about someone to look after her child its in relation to her working...I know my daughter in Oz used to lose nearly half her wage (& she is high paid) dropping my pre school grandchild off at a day care centre, so she could work.

Yes sure some of her complaints are superficial, but just reflect on the fact that nearly 70%  of the letters on here contains moans about some ridiculous things from mature adult people who have come to live here, not some young person who has probably just taken her first trip aboard.

Actually this subject has a hundred plus configurations.

I'm aware of many farang men who can't understand why the Thai wife (living in Thailand) is not a 100% copy of the typical farang wife at home. Trying to explain 'but she doesn't know what a typical farang  wife does', just falls on deaf ears.

There's also plenty of farang men who come here, marry a Thai lady, live with her, have children, then the farang is shocked when his Thai wife objects to him bringing other girls home for sex.

I rented a large luxury house on Jomtien beach to a US engineer some years back, he had just married a Thai lady who was the office manager of a large western company on the Eastern seaboard, highly intelligent well qualified friendly hard working lady, long hours, and she kept herself looking nice. They had courted for a couple of years.

After marriage they moved in then the farang announced that he wanted his marriage to be  copy of the US, partly meaning the wife cleaned the house and did the laundry and ironing and all the cooking, etc.

She quickly objected saying that she didn't have the time and they could well afford to have part-time help. She offered to pay a part-time maid 3 hours a day six days a week, finished by noon. Farang said no. 

He insisted and in fact expanded what he expected from the lady. Marriage lasted about 60 days. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I don't think you will find many drunken girls because halve of Sydney's wester suburbs are Muslims  

Rubbish.

The cruel tragedy is that the 3rd generation of the unemployed Australian working class is well documented in Australian cultural history.

The original "dole bludgers " were dinky-di and remain so.

Since returning to Australia I refer to every one I meet as "Your tattoed porcinity" and "Your tattoed and exceedingly ugly porcinity,ma'am."

Sorry Joe Pie, but your comment says it all about your attitude not "most Thai boys & girls"

I work with 24  average Thais who are happy to work very hard & a wife who 

although handicapped puts her shoulder to the wheel.

This Isaan girl complaining like she does is a result of the stupid Farang who did not take 

the time to explain that life is not a bed of roses except for the minority who are very wealthy

Whats the bet he wooed her with all sorts of crazy promises to get her to go overseas

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Rubbish.

The cruel tragedy is that the 3rd generation of the unemployed Australian working class is well documented in Australian cultural history.

The original "dole bludgers " were dinky-di and remain so.

Since returning to Australia I refer to every one I meet as "Your tattoed porcinity" and "Your tattoed and exceedingly ugly porcinity,ma'am."

Most of them probably smile thinking it's compliment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOC said:

Poor little thing.....!!

She forgot to mention, that if she had to work (Buddha forbid) to help supporting the family, the minimum wage in Germany is 8.84 Euro = 353  baht PER HOUR......

What exactly is she skilled at....ahh yes...she’ll make quite a bit more than that an hour. She’ll probably be paid by the load ;-). Hubby can then act like a Thai husband and sit at home drinking with his mates and dish out some verbal abuse when she arrives home all the while watching the dosh roll in. Then she’ll feel much more at home! Poor thing.

• Sad 1

My wife had a few of the characteristics of this girl.

I don’t have a support network 

My Thai qualifications have no value

Restaurants are expensive

Why so many rules like drink driving etc..

“We were rich people in Thailand so why do we stay here where we are normal”

Anyway I told her to get a job and now she is earning $4000 a month or around 100,000 baht in the pocket.

she has never been happier and said there is no way she would go back to Thailand to do a 60 hour week for 30,000 a month.

She has just managed to get her head around out Superannuation system (pension) and well as I told her when you move back to Thailand you will be like one of those wealthy Falange.

Sounds like this lazy sod just needs a good kick up the ass and told to get a job. She has too much time on her hands.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

What exactly is she skilled at....ahh yes...she’ll make quite a bit more than that an hour. She’ll probably be paid by the load ;-). Hubby can then act like a Thai husband and sit at home drinking with his mates and dish out some verbal abuse when she arrives home all the while watching the dosh roll in. Then she’ll feel much more at home! Poor thing.

Bit of a rough comment mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1