Hardware Wallet

NiwPix

I am reading a lot about ( and intending to ) storing cyrpto on a hardware wallet. I have read all the pros and cons from several sources, but I have a fairly simple question ( I think ) about this and how it works.

A) If I get a hardware wallet, I would need to load a software onto it to store cryptos, correct?

B) Can this software store ANY Crypto or only certain kinds?

C) Is there ONE Hardware Wallet or Software that can hold any crypto...maybe even crypto that is not on the market yet?

A) yes. For ledger it comes under the form of a Chrome app, that's pretty straightforward

B) no. It can store many cryptos (which ones depends on the wallet, the info is easily found online) but for the most exotic ones , you'll have to use software or exchanges. 

C) No wallet can store all cryptos, but ledger can store most ERC20 tokens running on the Ethereum blockchain.

Note: I just received a paper stating that the Ledger app could be vulnerable to malware that display receiving addresses that aren't the ones of the controlled by the ledger. This is fresh so no idea how serious that is, in any case if you're in crypto you should Fort Knox you're computer. https://www.docdroid.net/Jug5LX3/ledger-receive-address-attack.pdf

Archived