Yingluck’s family ‘not entitled’ to stay at home

rooster59

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

What's the problem? can't uncle Thaksin buys another mansion for the hubby and

kids to live in? of course he can, when you do a runner from the law, one should expect

the worst to happen, and now that it happening, people are feeling sorry for the family.... 

"The law" poor choice of words IMO, the "political system" may fit better?

5 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

So they now want to kick Yingluck's family out of her house hoping that she left behind some family heirlooms—such as a luxury watch or two—during her daring midnight escape! 

Better be quick and start digging in the back yard under the mushroom raising shed and that very, very suspicious private basketball court!

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

All smoke and mirrors with everyone anxious not to be left holding any responsibility for anything. Just in case.

Plenty of big talk, then delegate it to some minion. If it all goes tit'sup it clearly it was a problem with the way the minion either misunderstood or incorrectly implemented the instruction! Same same.

(You should recognize that little habit from some past colleagues perhaps :whistling:)

Yes, on one occasion I was the minion...

29 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

but she didn't buy the house with ill gotten gains

Again give it a rest i am talking about generalities next time I will write down its not about YL. I feel people who are corrupt should at the very least lose all the ill gotten gains and preferably a lot more. 

Just now, robblok said:

Again give it a rest i am talking about generalities next time I will write down its not about YL. I feel people who are corrupt should at the very least lose all the ill gotten gains and preferably a lot more. 

understand and agree

but the thread is about her house

Just now, AGareth2 said:

understand and agree

but the thread is about her house

Not all threads stay on topic.. look at the other topic we are debating... that is about red killers while we are debating something else. At least I was talking about corruption in this topic.

As for her house.. she caused damage to the state let 30 billion of corruption go on unchecked. Punish her for it (and then do the same for everyone else who protects those who are corrupt in such a degree). I have no pity for her this certainly is not all her money, this is a good way for her to stay in the news. 

I pity a poor family who lose their house in a fire more then YL.. she has plenty of money to spare plenty of options. She played the game and lost.

12 hours ago, harada said:

It will be interesting to see who the new owners will be come auction time, my guess is that they will be associated with a certain military faction.:thumbsup:

Of course, some collect real estate, some watches.

7 hours ago, robblok said:

No not assumed, that was proven in court, it was proven she was told about the corruption but failed to act. That is the whole reason she got done up for negligence. 

This does NOT justify the order to seize - not freeze her assets in leiu of a court case, but confiscate them anyway - in spite of there being no applicable law at the time to justify seizure of assets for failing to prevent corruption of others. It is bloody ridiculous and you know it.  

Who has been taken to task for the bomb scanners, the aircraft carrier, the (alleged) beating(s) to death of military personnel? You guessed it, no-one. Has Prawit stepped down yet, by the way? A date for an election set?

You say you are sick of this junta, which I believe. But not sick enough of them that you still try to half-heartedly justify their repression. In a way, I don't blame you: Parts of Bangkok must have been a nightmare when the various protests were going on. However this is 2018 and not 2010, 9, 8 or 7. 

The Shinawatras have gone. Left. Fled. Now what? Do we need Comrade Napoleon to threaten the country with the return of farmer Jones forever? “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Apart from the well fed one with the watches...

"Sick of the Junta" maybe, but still not sick enough to accept that the Thai people can choose their own government. You see (know) that may well result in a government that they do not approve, so the junta, warts (watches) and all, is preferred.

It's a sort of unspoken bottom line.

8 hours ago, baboon said:

This does NOT justify the order to seize - not freeze her assets in leiu of a court case, but confiscate them anyway - in spite of there being no applicable law at the time to justify seizure of assets for failing to prevent corruption of others. It is bloody ridiculous and you know it.  

Who has been taken to task for the bomb scanners, the aircraft carrier, the (alleged) beating(s) to death of military personnel? You guessed it, no-one. Has Prawit stepped down yet, by the way? A date for an election set?

You say you are sick of this junta, which I believe. But not sick enough of them that you still try to half-heartedly justify their repression. In a way, I don't blame you: Parts of Bangkok must have been a nightmare when the various protests were going on. However this is 2018 and not 2010, 9, 8 or 7. 

The Shinawatras have gone. Left. Fled. Now what? Do we need Comrade Napoleon to threaten the country with the return of farmer Jones forever? “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Apart from the well fed one with the watches...

Baboon, I am sick of the junta, just as I am sick of other corruption. YL in my book was corrupt, she was told about fake G2G deals, she did not act. She caused losses to the country. I would even go so far as that she did not stop it because it benefited her family. Boonsong his silence about who gave him orders says enough in my book (no not proven in court but neither are your allegations about the bomb scanners who benefited not disputing there was corruption there). 

I attack the junta as hard as I attack the Shins, not liking one side does not mean I instantly start to like the other side. I still got enough dislike for the Shins and their antics. 

You know I would love to see Prawit go and convicted of corruption, the junta could go tomorrow. I would not shed a tear id even party. Though it would be a hollow party as removing the junta only enables the next batch of corrupt officials to take place in the feeding frenzy. 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

"Sick of the Junta" maybe, but still not sick enough to accept that the Thai people can choose their own government. You see (know) that may well result in a government that they do not approve, so the junta, warts (watches) and all, is preferred.

It's a sort of unspoken bottom line.

In the other topic i said I would not mind a PTP government, I really don't this time they will probably be the least corrupt option. Not by virtue, but by the fact that if they are not all the organisations will pounce on them to dispose of them. So if they get in power their chances for corruption are lower then normal. I wonder if they would even want to be in government knowing they could not steal as much as normal. 

They certainly would be under more scrutiny then a junta ally so right now a PTP government sounds about right for me. But not for the love of them just that they could steal the least.

10 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

In one of the most corrupt courts in the world overlooked by the biggest conman in the world and you know it, for once stop bleating and go fishing will you. Why is it when YL and TS are in the news the boys come out to play?

When things get hot for the crooks YL comes back into the news and the idiot sheep start roaming, anything to change the subject

I comment on the junta too unlike you with your bias views, so you go play somewhere else no need for people who can't see the corruption in their own ranks.

Why would i not comment on the corruption among the reds.. can't someone comment on both sides.. guess that is an alien concept for you.

About fishing I still thank you for the lake, i was going to but rains prevented it a bit. I hope this week.