Land border visa run

I am currently staying in Pattaya on the 30 day extension of a 60 day Tourist Visa secured in Australia.

I have a return ticket to Australia on 22nd March and am seeking advice on a visa run to a land border on 2nd March with one of the Pattaya visa run companies.

My main question is how many days will re-entry at a land border give me?   I read somewhere it was only 15 but then I also was told it was 30 days for an Aussie.

Can someone who definitely knows clear this up for me.

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 15 day entry rule has not existed for over a year now.

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry at a land border crossing but you are limited to 2 of them per calendar year.

Thanks very much for your reply Ubonjoe.

Greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, Ape1983 said:

Does anyone know if doing a border bounce in Cambodia is a full page taken by the Cambodian visa since Im running out of pages. Cheers people

The Cambodian visa on arrival takes a full page (plus the entry and departure stamps, of course). Depending on the border crossing used, you might  be able to use a Cambodian eVisa, applied for online in advance. This only uses about half a page, as I recall. Just to repeat myself, if planning to use an eVisa, ensure you are using a border crossing that allows them.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

The Cambodian visa on arrival takes a full page (plus the entry and departure stamps, of course). Depending on the border crossing used, you might  be able to use a Cambodian eVisa, applied for online in advance. This only uses about half a page, as I recall. Just to repeat myself, if planning to use an eVisa, ensure you are using a border crossing that allows them.

Thanks for the clarification Tim,  looks like Malaysia is the only option for visa runs when short on pages. 

4 minutes ago, Ape1983 said:

Thanks for the clarification Tim,  looks like Malaysia is the only option for visa runs when short on pages. 

Best of all, if you can afford it, is by air to Hong Kong. You can sometimes get pretty good airfares these days, actually. Hong Kong uses no stamps at all. They give you a separate entry slip instead.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 15 day entry rule has not existed for over a year now.

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry at a land border crossing but you are limited to 2 of them per calendar year.

Will they issue the second one if I do 2 border hops in a row at Savannakhet?

I was refused a SETV last week due to bank book error so had to enter on a 30 day exempt which expires on Feb 28. I have a plane ticket on March 30 so need another entry. I had no issue getting the visa exempt into Thailand but did have some sort of problem with getting out of Lao as the IO took my passport higher up to check it. Not sure what the concern was tho, but he did ask me for the Thai visa which I tried to explain I did not have and will get a 30 day exempt instead.

38 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Will they issue the second one if I do 2 border hops in a row at Savannakhet?

Yes they would.

But not needed since can apply for 30 day extension of your entry unless you are from country that has a bilateral agreement with Thailand for visa exempt entries.