PlayStation Now in Thailand

juice777

I Managed to get the PlayStation now application on my pc and started the 7 day free Trial. But unfortunately I still can't play games on my PC or my ps4.

I have a UK account and I just logged on through Cyber ghost VPN on my pc and then downloaded the Application.

When I try to start any games it says something like you are probably to far away from the servers. So if I find a away to get the application on my PC or my ps4 to go through a VPN will it work or will it know the servers are still 2 far away?

If the answer is yes then I need help with the VPN.

There is 2 ways I have found on the Internet what might work and 1 more I have thought of but its all a bit complicated for me so I was hoping someone would be able to give me a simple yes or no answer.

1. is there a way I can open the PlayStation app on my PC through a VPN like you can do on android phones. For example I just open hola on my phone then I can open any app on my phone from the UK is there a way I can do this on my PC.

2.Can I set up a VPN on my standard 3bb router or is it 2 low tec to do this.

3. Apparently you can set up your ps4 to some VPNs through your PC via a Lan cable then use a wireless dongle to connect your PC to the Internet. Unfortunately I have lent my wireless dongle to a friend so can't try it at the moment.

But even if I can get any of the above to work will it bypass the servers are to far away problem?

And then will the speeds be 2 slow?

I am jus trying to play Red Dead Redemption before the new 1 comes out so If anyone knows a better way without buying a xbox or ps3 please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I brought my PS4 from the US and have never needed a VPN. When you log in to the system the  PS4 connects to the server nearest your actual location, for Thailand I believe it is in Singapore  On my 3BB 30/10 (speed test at 33+ and 11+) internet my internal PS4 internet connection tests at 29+/9+. I don't use it for PS4, but I use a proxy that allows me to stream overseas video content from the US and UK, that is geographically blocked. I do no use it, but it will work on PlayStation Network also. 

I can play standard online games on my Ps4 and stream Videos which aren't legion locked. But I can't get the streaming game service called ps now to work Have you tried it?

If not why don't you give it a try there is a free 7 day Trail just make sure you cancel it before the 7 days or you will get charged. But like I say I am not sure if it will work as it is only officially available in the UK and the US.

If you have problems starting the Trial on your Ps4 go through a VPN on your PC to start the trial you can also download the app for your PC to stream the games there but I can't seem get both to work, and have probably wasted my free Trail.

I really have no interest in PS Now as I have a PS Plus subscription which is a better value for me. The issue you are having may be connected to the App. A lot of App's such as Google, Netflix and others have geolocation trackers built in that can disclose your devices actual location.  Using a VPN does not guarantee anonymity and it could be your VPN cannot bypass PS Now servers security.  I am sending a PM with a link to a proxy service that I have been using for the last ten months to access Netflix US servers, US TV networks and BBC I-Player from the UK.  Of the hundreds of services, they can unblock PlayStation Apps US is one.  They offer a free trial and have easy to follow written and video instructions for setting up your computer. If it resolves your issue you could set-up your router to cover all devices on your network. The cost for 1-year is lower than most VPN's monthly charge. My 2-year subscription cost's me less than $1.05 a month.  Look for email.

I agree. I'm not that interested in ps now either. The only thing I will say is I had some problems trying to use the psn id that I created in Australia in Thailand. I ended up having to make a new id. So all previous purchases tied to my account were no longer available to me.

They regularly have some very cheap deals on games in the Thai ps store and it tends to be more than I can keep up with.

I just upgraded my HDD to a firecuda 2TB as well. 500gb is nowhere near enough space. So good being able to download and not worry about space.

I agree. I'm not that interested in ps now either. The only thing I will say is I had some problems trying to use the psn id that I created in Australia in Thailand. I ended up having to make a new id. So all previous purchases tied to my account were no longer available to me.
They regularly have some very cheap deals on games in the Thai ps store and it tends to be more than I can keep up with.
I just upgraded my HDD to a firecuda 2TB as well. 500gb is nowhere near enough space. So good being able to download and not worry about space.
Yeah I am not really interested In ps now as well it don't seem like a good deal because they are all old games. I Just want to play Red redemption again before the new one comes out as it probably in my top 5 games of all time. And after the new one comes out I probably won't to be able to enjoy it. I can't see any other way for me to play it with out buying a xbox or a ps3.

I really have no interest in PS Now as I have a PS Plus subscription which is a better value for me. The issue you are having may be connected to the App. A lot of App's such as Google, Netflix and others have geolocation trackers built in that can disclose your devices actual location.  Using a VPN does not guarantee anonymity and it could be your VPN cannot bypass PS Now servers security.  I am sending a PM with a link to a proxy service that I have been using for the last ten months to access Netflix US servers, US TV networks and BBC I-Player from the UK.  Of the hundreds of services, they can unblock PlayStation Apps US is one.  They offer a free trial and have easy to follow written and video instructions for setting up your computer. If it resolves your issue you could set-up your router to cover all devices on your network. The cost for 1-year is lower than most VPN's monthly charge. My 2-year subscription cost's me less than $1.05 a month.  Look for email.
Thanks for the pm it a good site but unfortunately it still didn't quite work. I managed to get a bit further this time instead of saying it's to far away, this time it said temporary unavailable which makes me think the speed is 2 slow. I tried a few servers I think I managed to get it in my 3bb router OK after a bit of playing about. But both my Ps4 and PlayStation now app on my PC said the same thing.

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

Several months ago, a PS update made it available for you can use a USB 3.0 external storage device to download and play games. I have a Seagate Expansion 3TB that I use. You just connect your device to a USB port, power it on and PS will check compatibility and format the device, then all the new games you download from the store, go to external storage. The games play the same as being on the internal drive. 

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

Thanks for the pm it a good site but unfortunately it still didn't quite work. I managed to get a bit further this time instead of saying it's to far away, this time it said temporary unavailable which makes me think the speed is 2 slow. I tried a few servers I think I managed to get it in my 3bb router OK after a bit of playing about. But both my Ps4 and PlayStation now app on my PC said the same thing.

I still think the APP is detecting your location. You could try logging out of your account, then delete the APP, clear cookies and restart your pc. Then using your VPN, download the app again and log-in to your account.  I do not believe there is a slow-speed issue using the proxy, because I stream BBC I-Player without any issues.  When you set-up your computer for the proxy service I referred you to, which servers did you use. I use the ones located in Eastern Indian and Singapore. There are also instructions on the website about requesting help unblocking unlisted services..

I still think the APP is detecting your location. You could try logging out of your account, then delete the APP, clear cookies and restart your pc. Then using your VPN, download the app again and log-in to your account.  I do not believe there is a slow-speed issue using the proxy, because I stream BBC I-Player without any issues.  When you set-up your computer for the proxy service I referred you to, which servers did you use. I use the ones located in Eastern Indian and Singapore. There are also instructions on the website about requesting help unblocking unlisted services..

I suppose I could run cc cleaner and see if that helps. I tried the Singapore servers and then a few others. After trying a few different things I contacted customer services and they said it wasn't supported.

They did say that over apps on the Ps4 was supported so I tried the channel 4 app as a experiment and that wouldn't connect and the BBC app wouldn't even download. So I did wonder if there was something up with my settings but decided I couldn't be bothered anymore and went 2 bed.

3 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Now that your PS is online, you should try logging in using your previous account ID and password. A PS console can be used by an unlimited number of account holders just by logging in.

Just tried running cc cleaner and then set it all up again with the Singapore servers still the same.

Archived