Rental of 120sqm riverside Condo >6 months.

wood

My wife is wanting to rent out her furnished riverside Condo in Bangkok, could you kindly advise what would be the best way to advertise this.

It is her first time to do this and she will consider 6 months, is this a good idea or would longer be advisable.

Thanks.

Edited by Rimmer
Picture removed

31 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Contact the numerous letting websites I would imagine, although with an agent you will have to pay them for the service. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond BobbyL.

There's a myriad of agents out there, was looking for some  up to date references.

Have read a few posts and it seems that it is hit or miss choosing the right one.

You have Joy on the ground floor of your building, she's as good as any. To be honest they're all pretty much of the same thing and none are even good, your best bet is to advertise actually in the building because when people want to rent, that's where they go.

6 minutes ago, wood said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond BobbyL.

There's a myriad of agents out there, was looking for some  up to date references.

Have read a few posts and it seems that it is hit or miss choosing the right one.

If you're looking to target the expat / foreign market then RE Max is good. A guy called Blake works for them and he is very reliable. http://www.remax.co.th/

Is there a typical price per Sqm for such frontline riverside locations, it's a 10 minute walk to Asiatique.

Seems to be a large variance in rental pricing after viewing a good number of websites.

Also wondering if there is a market for 6 month rental contracts ?

6 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

You have Joy on the ground floor of your building, she's as good as any. To be honest they're all pretty much of the same thing and none are even good, your best bet is to advertise actually in the building because when people want to rent, that's where they go.

Contacted simoh1490 and clarified that the condo is in Bangkok and not Chiang mai.

I always had good luck with renting my Bangkok condo on Craigslist.org, I always did 6 to 9 month rental periods. I had all foreign tenants. It was easy. Did it about 8 years in a row but sold the place. I got up to 25k for a 54 sq meter renovated one bed condo in 1990's building near Chong Nonsi BTS.  I never paid an agent fee. 

Edited by alex8912

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

I always had good luck with renting my Bangkok condo on Craigslist.org, I always did 6 to 9 month rental periods. I had all foreign tenants. It was easy. Did it about 8 years in a row but sold the place. I got up to 25k for a 54 sq meter renovated one bed condo in 1990's building near Chong Nonsi BTS.  I never paid an agent fee. 

Thanks Alex - nice pointer!

53 minutes ago, norrska said:

Sorry, with the photo, it looked like an advertisement, but I see the photo has now been removed.

I have been enquiring about  advertising Norrska but no one agent can be fully transparent with the total fees and detail exactly what they will do for us if we give them our money.

Hence trying to whittle down the comments and advice herein.

17 hours ago, wood said:

Is there a typical price per Sqm for such frontline riverside locations, it's a 10 minute walk to Asiatique.

Seems to be a large variance in rental pricing after viewing a good number of websites.

Thai people have this crazy mindset: Let's say they have a condo for rent, are offering it, but nobody wants to rent it for a year or two already. Now every normal person would think about lowering the price to find a tenant. But Thai people think: I didn't get any money for a year already, so i have to increase the price to make up for the losses of the first year, and instead of lowering the price to finally find a tenant, they even increase it.

You will see many condos online that are empty since a few years already, but the owners are unwilling to lower the price. So you can't really say there is a "typical" price, because the average asking price you can find online is usually way too high.

You just offer it for a price that seems reasonable. If you get 5 serious inquiries on the first day it was obviously too low and you should increase it, if nobody contacts you for a while you are probably too high (or the demand for this type of condo is just low)

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Thai people have this crazy mindset: Let's say they have a condo for rent, are offering it, but nobody wants to rent it for a year or two already. Now every normal person would think about lowering the price to find a tenant. But Thai people think: I didn't get any money for a year already, so i have to increase the price to make up for the losses of the first year, and instead of lowering the price to finally find a tenant, they even increase it.

You will see many condos online that are empty since a few years already, but the owners are unwilling to lower the price. So you can't really say there is a "typical" price, because the average asking price you can find online is usually way too high.

You just offer it for a price that seems reasonable. If you get 5 serious inquiries on the first day it was obviously too low and you should increase it, if nobody contacts you for a while you are probably too high (or the demand for this type of condo is just low)

Fully agree.

There's no real barometer for pricing.

What seems elusive is the best place to advertise it.

Thanks for your insight.