Penang - new rules for Non Immi B - multiple entry

Just learned that the Consulate in Penang isn't issuing Non Immigrant B Visa with multiple entries any longer, though a still 9 months valid WP has been presented, along with all paperwork in perfect order.

New rule is that this type of Visa is available only for Directors or Shareholders of the company.

Has anyone encountered this problem lately in Penang or other places as well ? What about Kota Bharu oder Yangoon ?

This is a recent rule change in Penang. If you used an agent, they should have warned you about this.

Historically, Penang has been the go to place for a multiple Non B in the region, with the consensus being that you will not get one anywhere else in the region. If researching other places in the region, I might try contacting Ho Chi Minh City or Hong Kong (friendly to visa applicants in recent years). I doubt if Kota Bharu or Yangon would do one, but really we do not know.

This was a recent change as is the rule that the only process about 200 applications per day

Last time i checked (which was about 8 months ago) Kota Bharu was the same they would only issue Multiple entrys to Directors. i do not know of any where else in the region where you can get them without being a director or shareholder KL, Laos and Cambodia are all No's and Singapore you need to be a resident to apply.

I would recommend contacting Hong Kong and asking them 

1 hour ago, leechelsea said:

This was a recent change as is the rule that the only process about 200 applications per day

Last time i checked (which was about 8 months ago) Kota Bharu was the same they would only issue Multiple entrys to Directors. i do not know of any where else in the region where you can get them without being a director or shareholder KL, Laos and Cambodia are all No's and Singapore you need to be a resident to apply.

I would recommend contacting Hong Kong and asking them 

This time it did not hit me personally but one I know. I was in Kota Bahru last September and had no problems, maybe one of the last ones lucky.

Will check out Myanmar and Hong Kong, HCMC... when time has come again for a new sticker. Thx for the updates so far.