Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Oh dear, do I have to use drawings to explain what I said... or is cognitive processing not working for you today?

Yes please explain. You said "Remember it is not the Thais that are doing this"   So who the ---- is it then ?" space aliens ?

I don't understand this , clearly there are no written laws about playing darts ? Don't tell me they look at it as gambling .  

I can understand bridge with money prizesi nvolved , and poker as well, it goes under the gambling laws , but not darts .  

I would make a big complaint if I were the bar owner, unless they actually play for money . Maybe they were tipped off , if money was involved. 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Does it include the darts fired in go go bars ? Although they fire them at balloons, not a dartboard !

image.png.78dacde7ff4169686a8c9ab8e765e87e.png

Banned a while ago......terrible shots some of them....

If nothing else we should respect the diligent and the unbroken effort from Thais to ruin their most important resource. Moreover, the myth that the majority of Thais are unable to perform professional work is debunked. They are professionally destroy tourist industry and makes farang life and Thailand to progressively boring.

What a joke really !!! they don't have anything else to do now that they got control of bar girls, money pick up from business, could be next the card game, and now dart board, the smoking ban, could be the outside patio bar next.

Thailand is becoming a little like the North American BS and people start moving out.

4 hours ago, ostyan said:

If nothing else we should respect the diligent and the unbroken effort from Thais to ruin their most important resource. Moreover, the myth that the majority of Thais are unable to perform professional work is debunked. They are professionally destroy tourist industry and makes farang life and Thailand to progressively boring.

It's so nice to sit back and laugh at the nutters in action and not have to worry about the knock on the front door. killing off the farangs slowly as they fear you. No Card games, no Darts, no smoking on the beach and talking about smoking. The UK now talking about Vapor on the NHS as it safer than smoking and as for this photo I took yesterday in Littlehampton it must make them feel what they are

Do all the nutters end up in Asia?

littlehampton05-01-18.JPG

Speechless ...... how do they manage to come up with such a ridiculous statement & ban darts? I wonder if a "think tank" exists within the RTP? This latest idea must be linked to some form of gambling information to be  immediately banned & dartboards removed. I'm not sure if a "gaming licence" is required in entertainment venues here, but most have pool tables, so what is the difference? Maybe they should ban that too! I've seen in most establishments small wagers placed (20 baht) whilst playing ........ small beer when you compare it to the local snooker halls. I think Thailand really is damaging their major source of income as you only have to look at what has been happening over the last 15yrs to my knowledge .... sad isn't it?  

12 hours ago, Russell17au said:

It is not the police that did the raid it was the DOPA, (Department of Provincial Administration) who issue the entertainment licenses. This looks like a crackdown or revenue-raising ploy dreamed up by the local administration. The police are only there as enforcers

no money in it for the police then ? :cheesy:

Seems the Daily Mail in the UK has picked up on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5353037/Thai-police-raid-darts-club-crackdown-British-expats.html

Will the Thai professional darts team now be arrested. 

And look where the qualifiers took place for the 2017 PDC World Championship Asia Qualifier,  

Event Venue: Way Hotel in Pattaya

Event Address: 
555/86 MOO 5, NAKLUA ROAD, BANGLAMUNG, CHONBURI 20150, THAILAND

13 hours ago, brling said:

Yes please explain. You said "Remember it is not the Thais that are doing this"   So who the ---- is it then ?" space aliens ?

try actually reading the rest of the post, do I really have to spell it out for you?

Not the Thais, as in the everyday Thais, but it is the higher ups - didn't think I would actually have to point that out

Bans will be in place or licences will shortly be required for the following.
Contract Bridge, Darts, Pool, Snooker, Connect Four, Jenga , Golf , Football , cock fighting ,Muai Thai boxing, volley ball and more than one fly crawling up a wall as they have all been associated with gambling.

Obviously by a visit to a reliable fortune teller, informing them when the regulation will come into effect.
If bar owners visit the same fortune teller, they'll probably be able to discover what the cost of the licence will be.

It all seems pretty straightforward to me.
I thought fortune tellers needed a licence same as herbal and faith healers.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, jonclark said:

So let me get this right - To play darts you need a dartboard license...but the license doesn't exist. 

I recommend the police go to Toys R Us - Lots of dartboards there there - and openly being sold too!! Lock em up!

Are they being used in Toys R Us?

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, Briggsy said:

Look at the uniforms in the raid, DOPA, Department of Provincial Administration. This looks like a policy or crackdown or revenue-raising ploy dreamed up by the local administration. The police are only there as enforcers.

That was the raid of the bridge club, not Soi 6!

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:25 AM, thaiflyer1 said:

Interesting how the Lottery is top of the list and yet twice a month we have one........hypocritical or what.....

No, not hypocritical at all because you also didn't bother to mention this from the Act..."However, when the Government considers appropriate to permit any kind of game at a particular place under any conditions, the permission shall be issued by means of a royal decree". 

Archived