New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The numskulls who dreamed up this newest crackdown, should be exiled, their passports confiscated, and they should never be allowed to return to Thailand. They are not deserving of the oxygen they consume. Just more nonsense, from one of the most comical, incompetent and do nothing administrations in the countries history.

Darts. A game so dangerous, so threatening, so devoid of social meaning, and purpose, that the benevolent leaders must deny us the ability to play. Nice work guys.

Little P. - Moving Thailand backwards at a breath taking, alarming, and astonishing pace. 

Thanks spidermike007 for throwing your s**t to another country, you can keep them yourself. You only want to see the rest of the world come down to Thailands level. Save the world and stop exports of Thai officials immediately. Send them all to spidermike007.

Just Imagine owning a bar in Soi 6 or working there or being alone with one of the girls and the police came bursting in what must be going through your mind "oh no they are going to shut be down or arrest me"

And then it turns out they are there Just because of the old Dart Board in the corner with only 2 plastic blunt darts lol.

But dos this mean we can expect the same with pool Tables?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks like the Thai police are pretty good at making a laughing stock of themselves...I mean taking down and confiscating an item that does nt actually (currently) require a licence, nor does a licence exist for such item, but confiscating it anyway because city hall is thinking about or in the process of making it a legal requirement (without passing an actual law). 

A dartboard licence may not actually exist, but, a motorbike driving licence does - enforce and impound vehicles of all driving without a licence - for public safety! 

20 hours ago, champers said:

Western restaurants need to be prepared for the imminent knife and fork ban. This will necessitate all falangs eating their food with their hands.

All left handed spoons shall need a special permit, or we take the sink away.

7 minutes ago, DerekMarshall said:

Looks like the Thai police are pretty good at making a laughing stock of themselves...I mean taking down and confiscating an item that does nt actually (currently) require a licence, nor does a licence exist for such item, but confiscating it anyway because city hall is thinking about or in the process of making it a legal requirement (without passing an actual law). 

A dartboard licence may not actually exist, but, a motorbike driving licence does - enforce and impound vehicles of all driving without a licence - for public safety! 

The raid was not carried out by the Thai police the raid was carried out by men from the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA). It is the DOPA that issue the entertainment licenses, not the police.

6 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Well why not. They have banned just about everything else.

You do not have to worry about the Thai authorities banning anything.

When they start enforcing them that is the time to worry, so we do

not have a lot to worry about.:biggrin:

6 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

A comment about pool I guess you made in jest, however I was told by a bar owner on Sunday that a darts AND pool license will be required shortly, He took his dartboard down already and will remove his pool table as soon as he hears about enforcement and yes although enforced he is unable to buy such a licence. He was told by police darts and pool are both providing forms of entertainment for customers and for providing entertainment you need a license.

I guess snooker will also be on the agenda soon as well. That will of course effect a lot of local clubs as snooker is very popular with Thai people.

Its utterly ridiculous and very obviously just another way of fleecing money out of people. 

"for providing entertainment you need a license".

and who decides just what entertainment is? Oh! I know, the people in their uniforms.

Another thing, what about the girls who screech in these karaoke bars, do they need

a licence?

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Two years ago we had pensioners being arrested for playing bridge now we have the latest crazy bit of news for a moment I thought April Fools day was here ! So now the dartboards are under arrest , no smoking on the beaches , electric vapours being banned ,pensioners unable to play bridge nect it will be the pool tables being confiscated no wonder the country is better known as “ Amazing Thailand “ the police should be spending there time in cleaning up the brothels and the illegal betting syndicates that the Thais spend all there money on. 

No they shouldn't, they should start spending their time sorting out these dreadful road fatalities.

5 hours ago, dean2926 said:

So what they are saying is that any sport can be banned if the potential for gambling is there.

That covers every sport and pastime.

The world will laugh and shake their heads once again.

I'm glad you mentioned pastime otherwise your post would seem very silly.

there are some people who would class darts as a sport.:cheesy:

.... but it's OK to ride a motorbike with three on board , no licence, no insurance , no helmets and silencer with the baffles poked out !!!!....or drive a car with blue front side lights and broken rear light clusters.....  and the list goes on. 

Tourists around the world are going to have second thoughts about visiting  Thailand.  Ban the Go-Go bars and then wait for the drop in tourism revenue. 

No doubt the PM will be raising this very important issue in his weekly TV chat !

I will always judge a society or a government or a person on the plain fact of the stupidity that they use for any excuse to steal money or to try and enforce laws that do not exist and that do not carry a written penalty. You cannot enforce a law that does not exist and to believe that you or any other organization can is plain stupid. But this is Thailand with a corrupt government that will never go to an election because of fear of losing power.

I sincerely hope that the Thai dart player who took part in this years PDC 2018 World Championship and the guys who represented Thailand in last years Darts World Cup in Germany have been arrested. I can remember playing darts in the Black and White bar just off Soi Cowboy in 1983. Amazed I was ever let back in this country. 

23 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Nothing can surprise me anymore. What's next? Or is it already April???

You can buy a Dartboard license at Kao San road....

Wouldn't that be a hoot.  Go to Kau san get a splendid looking licence made up then show it to the old bin when the arrive, if they don't know what a licence for the board looks like ...

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is quite astonishing...  Truly galactic idiocy... 

With so many more significant issues which could / should be handled it take a certain degree of sanctimonious idiocy to even consider something as innocuous as darts...

It does seem that the Police in some areas (i.e. Pattaya) make up the rules, do whatever they want, when they want without any logic or common sense....  but even this makes the mind boggle....

somewhere you have to start to move Thailand forward in order to create a proper kingdom....

No, no not the dart. They'll have to G O GG O

Who comes up with this rubbish? They must have a think tank absolutely littered with idiots and imbeciles. The scary bit is that they keep getting away with it and nobody challenges it. How many brain cells are there in the RTP? Single digits for sure.

...I guess that if you are not here to return where you came from, penniless, you are not welcome any more....

....if you're not paying for the services of a !@##$ which officially do not exist in Thailand.....who may incidentally rob you or worse...

...or paying thousands for a pedicure.....

....or some other exaggerated price for some service or activity....such as scuba diving....where you may very well end up dead.....

...no cheap, risk-free fun allowed...

...maybe even strolling down the beach next....

...wow....

Archived