THAI & DRY Will Thailand be the next country to tire of boozy Brits? Locals overrun by drunk tourists behaving badly in country’s top holiday spots

snoop1130

Alcohol is a problem for British society, almost nobody drinks because of choice but because of need or addiction.    But everyone is in denial.    It's funny to see people whenever there is religious holiday here in Thailand, showing big concern by asking if alcohol still going to be sold....  
Such a big problem that pubs are opening on every street in the UK.
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, smedly said:

Rosie Gizauskas ............really

Hey big Jizauskas doa piece on the very spendy (not) contingent from the orient north and see who is paying the bills in this country 

is it the 15 million a year from China or the 10 million from the west

oh and absolute troll headline from TVF...........................immediately unsubscribed

and no I did not read the paper article after reading the authors name

trolls everywhere here these days. They must be overwintering from a bleak and freezing winter Norway ....

17 minutes ago, agudbuk said:
22 hours ago, Petchou said:
Alcohol is a problem for British society, almost nobody drinks because of choice but because of need or addiction.    But everyone is in denial.    It's funny to see people whenever there is religious holiday here in Thailand, showing big concern by asking if alcohol still going to be sold....  

Such a big problem that pubs are opening on every street in the UK.

Actually. there is a huge decrease in the number of pubs open in the last decade.  London claims 25% fewer pubs than 10 years ago!

• Like 1

Actually. there is a huge decrease in the number of pubs open in the last decade.  London claims 25% fewer pubs than 10 years ago!
Sarcasm . remarks that mean the opposite of what they say, made to criticize someone or something in a way that is amusing to others but annoying to the person criticized.

24 minutes ago, agudbuk said:
27 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Sarcasm . remarks that mean the opposite of what they say, made to criticize someone or something in a way that is amusing to others but annoying to the person criticized.

Because alcoholism is measured by number of pubs.   You are a genius.   Lol.  Go read recent reports on alcoholism, you may enlighten yourself little bit. 

21 minutes ago, agudbuk said:

NHS report deals only with those who were admitted to hospital so, which doesn't include millions of drinkers who think they are fine but they are not in reality.  We have a good sample of this category who spend their days in bars even morning here all over Thailand.  Just open your eyes and stop being in denial.

If you look at the figures shown since 2005 on a like for like basis you will see that allowing for population increase the figures are pretty well the same and at an average annual consumption of 9litres of alchohol a year not that different from the US & Australia,

1 hour ago, agudbuk said:

If you look at the figures shown since 2005 on a like for like basis you will see that allowing for population increase the figures are pretty well the same and at an average annual consumption of 9litres of alchohol a year not that different from the US & Australia,

Averages and stats should be interpreted carefully.    In this case the average include babies, those who don't drink.  It's same like when you calculate GDP,.  It can be high even big proportion of the population is poor or very poor.    Anyway,. I am not here to convince you.   Just type alcohol problem in Britain in Google and you will have access to hundreds of resources that confirm my assertion.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Petchou said:

NHS report deals only with those who were admitted to hospital so, which doesn't include millions of drinkers who think they are fine but they are not in reality.  We have a good sample of this category who spend their days in bars even morning here all over Thailand.  Just open your eyes and stop being in denial.

"Statistics on Alcohol England, 2017.This is a National Statistics publication"

The report does not just deal with those who were admitted to hospital - that is only part of the report. Not cherry picking, but:-

"57% of adults reported drinking alcohol in the previous week in 2016 which is a fall from 64% in 2006."

Edited by sambum

Averages and stats should be interpreted carefully.    In this case the average include babies, those who don't drink.  It's same like when you calculate GDP,.  It can be high even big proportion of the population is poor or very poor.    Anyway,. I am not here to convince you.   Just type alcohol problem in Britain in Google and you will have access to hundreds of resources that confirm my assertion.
Or contradict yours.

5 hours ago, agudbuk said:
5 hours ago, HHTel said:

I don't think that sarcasm is at play here.

On a previous topic, a guy in the business of making money from pub closures put the nationwide figure at 20% - obviously greedy breweries/the price of drink in a pub are partly to blame, but the reason given by most of the ex landlords was primarily the smoking ban.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, agudbuk said:
27 minutes ago, jinners said:
a 2014 Sunday Mail opinion slot. Great, now I really do know you talk out of your a**e

Can't see the mail online here in Thailand. Banned publication.

The app isn't - unfortunately !

On 2/6/2018 at 5:25 AM, Bundooman said:

Why would they need to go abroad to behave like this?

Last Friday, here in CM, whilst taking my to school at 7am, 3 young, drunken Thai (Bar?) girls managed to halt the traffic by staggering drunkenly down the middle of the road, one crying (loudly) and the other two weaving all over the place..

It implies they were late night/early morning drinkers in a local bar on that street, possibly underage, - no policemen in sight - no different really, to the kind of incident splashed all over this headline!

This is Thailand. Drunken driving is widespread, drunken policemen on motorbikes and at checkpoints videod  and drunken foreigners of all nationalities depicted in the tourist hot spots, Russian, European, Aussie, American, whatever, not to mention rampant drunkeness from Lao Khao all over the country in villages - kind of normal really......

Maybe Thais are 'holier than thou' when abroad, I don't know. But Brits are no worse than anyone else, I can assure you! 

"Maybe Thais are 'holier than thou' when abroad, I don't know. But Brits are no worse than anyone else, I can assure you! "

they certainly aren't. want proof. go wait outside addies cafe in earls court of a night time and see all the thai students falling about the place and the main road puking up in the street or asleep. even here my local karaoke often has thai dudes passed out on the floor next to a load of puke nearly every night. they just get left there

the sun loves to report on drunk brits, it always has although I am not an avid reader as it's shit and just a z list celebrity reporting type of rag. but i read a lot of news from back there online. so do have a look now and again

• Like 2

3 hours ago, agudbuk said:
3 hours ago, jinners said:
a 2014 Sunday Mail opinion slot. Great, now I really do know you talk out of your a**e

It certainly used to be banned but I've been accessing it with no problems for some time now.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:31 PM, madmitch said:

Well, it's in The Sun, that most reputable of English newspapers, so it must be like this all over Thailand, every day.

That's only because they have run out of stories from Magaluf & Ibeza to write about. Still there is nothing like lying in The SUN where there is a hot climate. One party in Cambodia doesn't make all Brits everywhere a scurge in Thailand.

19 hours ago, agudbuk said:
19 hours ago, jinners said:

read it now and again, no problem?

• Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 7:31 PM, madmitch said:

Well, it's in The Sun, that most reputable of English newspapers, so it must be like this all over Thailand, every day.

It is like that!  Brits like to drink but cannot control the intake. (this matters not only one nation)  Being caught totally drunk they should be banned entering this Kingdom for at least 5 years. 

51 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

It is like that!  Brits like to drink but cannot control the intake. (this matters not only one nation)  Being caught totally drunk they should be banned entering this Kingdom for at least 5 years. 

Hmmm; How about a 10 year visa incentive for any that don't?

• Haha 1

On 05/02/2018 at 7:20 PM, alwaysrainsinUK said:

LOL theres equally as many heavy party heads from russia or germany or everywhere .

If they were Australian convict descendants,  they'd actually be penetrating each other in the street,  so I really can't see the big deal.

• Like 1