Underwear mystery

Guest StephenB

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Goodyear

Maxxis

Get double the life of Bridgestone crap

Of course they do dear, of course they do! :passifier:

I take it you're not in Thailand, a Click is a motorscooter!

Edited by simoh1490

10 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

From: http://spaggiarigomma.it/Apps/WebObjects/Spaggiari.woa/wa/viewSection?id=6599&lang=eng

Rubber products can undergo changes in physical properties. They may even become unusable due to excessive hardening, softening, cracking, crazing, or other surface degradations. These changes may be the result of a single factor or a combination of factors, such as the action of oxygen, ozone, light, heat, humidity, oils, water, or other solvents. Detrimental effects can be minimized however by proper storage conditions.

TEMPERATURE

The optimum storage temperature is between 4°C (40°F) and 26°C (80°F). High temperatures accelerate the deterioration of rubber products. Heat sources should be arranged so that the temperature of stored items never exceeds 45°C (120°F). Low temperature effects are neither as damaging nor as permanent, ...

HUMIDITY

Expressed as a percentage, relative humidity is the ratio of the amount of water vapor present in the air to the greatest amount that could be present at a given temperature. Ideally, the relative humidity in the storage area should be below 75%. Very moist or very dry environments must be avoided. Where ventilation is necessary, keep it to a minimum level. Condensation cannot be allowed to occur. Some materials, such as polyester-based polyurethanes, are hygroscopic (they absorb moisture from the air). This moisture attacks the polymer’s chemicals, resulting in chain scission (division of the polymer chain into smaller, weaker segments). Over time, the material becomes soft and cheesy. In humid environments, this can occur in just weeks, unless precautions are taken.

LIGHT

Rubber products should always be protected from light, especially from natural sunlight. Strong artificial lights with a high ultraviolet (UV) content are also dangerous. Regardless of the source, UV rays can cause chain scission. Use of polyethylene bags stored inside large cardboard containers is recommended. Alternatively, polyethylene-lined craft bags also offer good protection.

"

From: http://www.warco.com/articles/shelf-life-vs-service-life-in-rubber-products/

"Bad storage conditions can shorten the expected shelf life. Rubber products should be stored in a dry cool place and should be protected from light, moisture, oxygen, heat, ozone, any chemicals and deformation. Storage temperature should be below 25°C however, below 15°C is preferable."

I'm always pleased to help.

no its ;putting stuff in a box inside a house. i swear mites are thier

I've bought jox at the Weekend Market, Chatuchak, a number of times, about B25 a pair, good value and great quality. They last a few years. Why bother buying 'back home'?

I can't offer any advice on why the elastic fails, and it may just be poor quality, and the same may have happened back home.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app