Jump to content

If you live in Hua Hin you might be about to get a visit from the Tourist Police


webfact

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, HHTel said:

Definately been done before and not just once.  Always polite and friendly.  I'll try to find relevance for you.

If you ask the police at immigration, they will tell you the same.

Personally only   once. As  you say polite  and  friendly  even to  the  point  of  being  apologetic.

It  is  the  inevitable  trauma  that  the  occasion  elicits  that leads  to  the  vitriolic   criticism of  what is  actually a  valid  process regardless  of  whoever  insists  on  it or  the  true  intent  of  it.

If there  is  any  real  objections it should  be  directed  at those  who  defy the  conditions  of presence which leads  o  such   events  rather  than  the  legitimate attempts  to  discover the  defiants who believe either  they  have  some  superior  right other  than  to  pay  the  way.

I  prefer  to  stay  legitimate to  the  conditions.  lol

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Did you actually read my link? All yours does is attempt to discredit the MW source, but they only re-published the content of studies by different UK governments and other respected bodies.

I suspect all that's probably not of much interest to you though...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/illegalimmigrantsintheuk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timbothaivisa said:

Did you actually read my link? All yours does is attempt to discredit the MW source, but they only re-published the content of studies by different UK governments and other respected bodies.

I suspect all that's probably not of much interest to you though...

https://www.newstatesman.com/2017/02/how-many-illegal-immigrants-are-uk

I know all about the body you posted a link to.  

 

They are a right wing organisation with a very prejudicial agenda. 

 

They only report that which suits their agenda. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I know all about the body you posted a link to.  

 

They are a right wing organisation with a very prejudicial agenda. 

 

They only report that which suits their agenda. 

Uhuh - so what about the UK government (Labour as well as Conservatives) and the London School of Economics studies?

I guess they are also all fascists who just hate all brown people 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, timbothaivisa said:

Uhuh - so what about the UK government (Labour as well as Conservatives) and the London School of Economics studies?

I guess they are also all fascists who just hate all brown people 

No, that would be the body you are defending, who only quote that which supports their agenda. 

 

http://www.irr.org.uk/news/lies-damned-lies-and-racism/

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, timbothaivisa said:

You're making no sense - but naturally your blind ideology demands non-sense :)

I’m making perfect sense. 

 

You just don’t like the fact I regard mw as a right wing group, that only quotes that which supports their highly prejudicial agenda. 

 

There are none so blind as those who will not see. 

 

That would be mw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, timbothaivisa said:

Uhuh - so what about the UK government (Labour as well as Conservatives) and the London School of Economics studies?

I guess they are also all fascists who just hate all brown people 

If you look at the Office for National Statistics (ONS) web page that you yourself linked to, you will find the following comment related to the various reports on the estimated number of illegal immigrants:

 

Quote

To summarise the findings of these reports, although organisations have attempted to use data sources to estimate the number of illegal immigrants resident in the UK, the methodology behind this work requires huge assumptions thus making the estimates largely uncertain.

So whether the numbers are from Migration Watch themselves or from other sources, they're all basically just guesses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 1:17 PM, Lingba said:

man oh man if they would only put this much effort into educating their kids in schools and educating drivers on the roads, this place would be hub material again

Education does indeed sucks and may drivers are terrible BUT this is about immigration working with tourist police to...well...carry out their duties of monitoring foreign citizens. So they're doing their jobs. :saai: Or would you prefer if the checkout lady didn't scan your food items, or the surgeon not close you up, or....:coffee1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SABloke said:

Education does indeed sucks and may drivers are terrible BUT this is about immigration working with tourist police to...well...carry out their duties of monitoring foreign citizens. So they're doing their jobs. :saai: Or would you prefer if the checkout lady didn't scan your food items, or the surgeon not close you up, or....:coffee1:

Or what?Oh no not a massage without a happy ending?:sorry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

If you look at the Office for National Statistics (ONS) web page that you yourself linked to, you will find the following comment related to the various reports on the estimated number of illegal immigrants:

 

So whether the numbers are from Migration Watch themselves or from other sources, they're all basically just guesses.

Quite - and the fact that everyone seems more motivated NOT to find out makes the whole discussion a lot more volatile
https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-immigration-uk-whats-hidden-national-insurance-number-data/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timbothaivisa said:

Quite - and the fact that everyone seems more motivated NOT to find out makes the whole discussion a lot more volatile
https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-immigration-uk-whats-hidden-national-insurance-number-data/

I'm not sure I follow, the discussion (and the comment I made, which you were replying to) is about the difficulty in establishing accurate figures for illegal immigrants, since almost by definition, they are not officially registered as being in the country and go out of their way to avoid being detected.

 

The link you give here is about whether short-term legal EU migrants who stay less than a year, should be counted - a totally different thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2018 at 12:50 PM, Tilacme said:

Or they dont have 800,000 to put in limbo.

Not necessary.  Use agent and keep your money back home. 500 sovs for the service and saves running around and dealing with bureaucrats 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm not sure I follow, the discussion (and the comment I made, which you were replying to) is about the difficulty in establishing accurate figures for illegal immigrants, since almost by definition, they are not officially registered as being in the country and go out of their way to avoid being detected.

 

The link you give here is about whether short-term legal EU migrants who stay less than a year, should be counted - a totally different thing.

The point is that when there's a will, there's a way. But there is no political will.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/09/20/measuring-illegal-immigration-how-pew-research-center-counts-unauthorized-immigrants-in-the-u-s/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Get the immigration police to do a sweep of Sukhumvit Soi 1 through to Asok junction, both sides of the road on any evening between 10pm and midnight. They would need several 50-seater buses to accommodate those caught up in the sweep. Oh, and they would also need the willingness to undertake such a genuine sweep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HHTel said:

Typical TV.  90% BS and 10% sensible posts.

Started with a simple report of police doing their job, and doing it politely.

 

Nothing changes here!

I think the cynical point of view stems from the assumption Tourist Police are cooperating with Immigration Police on this effort.   I know they have in my area.

 

So Tourist Police had to have received a list of foreigner addresses from Immigration's data base.  How else would they know where to go?

 

One could reasonably presume the Immigration data base print out would also reflect the foreigner's visa/extension status.  So why waste time checking a person who's details are up to date with Immigration, such as the man in the OP? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I think the cynical point of view stems from the assumption Tourist Police are cooperating with Immigration Police on this effort.   I know they have in my area.

 

So Tourist Police had to have received a list of foreigner addresses from Immigration's data base.  How else would they know where to go?

 

One could reasonably presume the Immigration data base print out would also reflect the foreigner's visa/extension status.  So why waste time checking a person who's details are up to date with Immigration, such as the man in the OP? 

Aparently some people do not reside at the address given to the

Immigration Police.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jvs said:

Aparently some people do not reside at the address given to the

Immigration Police.

Sure, but that's not the point of the OP.  This is about finding over-stayers.

 

To that end, Immigration and the Tourist Police might net more "bad guys" if they started with a list of "bad guys", not known "good guys".

 

But then again, elderly foreigners typically don't run when the cops visit; if they do, it's not very fast.  So they are low hanging fruit for unimaginative jobsworths who might also be dumb enough to think media coverage of tourist police harassing old guys at home in Hua Hin, makes their outfit look good.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Sure, but that's not the point of the OP.  This is about finding over-stayers.

NO it's not.  It's simply an address check. Nothing sinister about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 12:38 PM, webfact said:

The checks involve officers visiting foreigners at home to ensure they have not overstayed their visa.

I don't suppose it worth a bun fight over but.....  from the OP itself ^.  :ermm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HHTel said:

NO it's not.  It's simply an address check. Nothing sinister about it.

See above post. 

 

Not suggesting there's anything sinister about it.  Just a bit daft really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 55Jay said:

I don't suppose it worth a bun fight over but.....  from the OP itself ^.  :ermm:

They will know from the computer records if the foreigner is over staying their visa or not.

 

I suspect they can print out a list of all foreigners who have expired visas (overstayers) once per week with a single mouse click.

 

Why dont they do that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the OP was a little paranoid in his remarks.  It's happened to me and several people I know and overstaying was never mentioned.  Just ID to show you are at the address given to immigration.  Always polite to the point of being apologetic. 

Overstaying can certainly be identified by immigration without a visit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...