Renovation of water pipes in condo

I think a very bad job was done by replacing the corroded water pipes in our condominium building.

To my knowledge of work like in the following photo is not acceptable, right? Such shoddy work as well as very loose pipes or pipes resting just on the structure of the drywall ceiling can be found throughout the building. Unfortunately this work is approved as successful by our not so smart juristic person manager and the committee.

joints_shoddy3_small.jpg

At least someone should say something, right?

I would love to see some expertise on what is to be expected in which time frame with such shoddy work. I mean there are going to be some leakages sooner or later, it's just a matter of time, right? The constant pressure and especially if water is consumed inside the units  the pipes are vibrating when the water is turned on or turned off, right?

So disaster is unavoidable in my opinion, might take two or three years but  it will be there...

Anyone with experience?

I think the only thing you can really do is take the evidence to the Committee Meeting or create an email trail and make sure they minute it and put it on record.  It wont help in the short but if there is a leak in your unit from that area then you will have a strong case to request them or the building insurance to accept liability for it.

Your photo is not that clear, and on occasion i have seen things which look a little obscure but on further investigation have found that the way things had been fixed or the reason they did something the way they did was for a particular reason (i.e building design meant only limited means of fixing, could not core through floors etc). If you have not raised it, i would raise it to the Committee and ask for their opinion on it, they may have raised it themselves and received sign off from a qualified PM already that it is industry standard or it was done in that particular way for a reason. Even if the system has been signed off, you would normally have a period, perhaps 6 months or longer defect period when the contractor was required to come and fix things. Construction contracts are not always easy to decipher unless people are well versed in issues, and i believe that often Practical completion can be signed off, with the knowledge that their are defects that need to be rectified.