This What Its Like?

glenbat

I stumbled across this video on google whilst searching 'Isaan' (which considering I've never been there is quite strange) and wondered how true to life it is? (apologies if that came out wrong)

Is this your typical Korat village/house/lifestyle? And is this whats referred to as the boonies?

Might just be me but I found it really moving, everything seems so peaceful and placid there....

love it

I stumbled across this video on google whilst searching 'Isaan' (which considering I've never been there is quite strange) and wondered how true to life it is? (apologies if that came out wrong)

Is this your typical Korat village/house/lifestyle? And is this whats referred to as the boonies?

Might just be me but I found it really moving, everything seems so peaceful and placid there....

love it

What Video ?? :D

Can not find link? :o

Regards :D

Similar to my inlaws place near Korat, typical Issan village life. For those of you stuck in your own countries, me included, makes you realise just how much you miss it all.

It doesn't look as if we'll be back there to live anytime soon, unless the lottery comes up, or some long lost reli leaves me some dosh in a will.

A great video. Captures Isaan life perfectly. Why did I ever think that samui was the place to be?
Strange you say that, i just been to samui and going back in march, its the best place ive ever been.

I met a bar girl who wants me to go back to isaan with her, is it really that good?

love it

This video is an excelent look at rural Issan.Looks so much like our mooban 60km north of Korat.But what I am a little confused about is the selection of music that the person added to the video.The first song is abou,t my girlfriend has another boyfriend.The seconed song is about, my boyfriend has a new girlfriend and I am hurting.The third song is about, I the girlfriend am hurting from my boyfriend leave me.And the last song for the birthday party is about if I am rich I will make myself beautiful but I am not rich.

But it is spot on for life in rural Issan.

Great isnt it? I'm guessing that the maker 'Crazy Eddy' is a brit (apologies if you're reading and your not Eddy) I think I've seen him briefly in a couple of his productions, maybe liked the music and was unsure of its meaning?

I loved all of the tunes played throughout it but didnt have a clue on the meanings...

Great video though

Great movie, nicely captured a lot of typical Isaan life in a nice little cameo.

I thought the music was very good, typical of what would be playing there. I didn't listen to or understand the lyrics, but anyway I think most of the music is about broken relationships and loved ones going off to Bangkok for work, isn't it ?

Thanks for providing the link :o

Cheers,

Mike

Yeah that is a great video.It just seemed a bit strange for the choose of music seeing that it looks like the maker went to his girlfriends village for her.Any way here is another Issan Video,interesting but not as good.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...issan&hl=en

thanks for the link. the isaan landscape is so beautiful when the rice fields are that electric green. can't wait to get back, an agonizing 3 - 4 months to go :o

thanks for the link. the isaan landscape is so beautiful when the rice fields are that electric green. can't wait to get back, an agonizing 3 - 4 months to go :o

Hear, hear - I love that green !! (You won't have it in 3-4 months though :D, it's dusty brown time then)

Hear, hear - I love that green !! (You won't have it in 3-4 months though :D, it's dusty brown time then)

dang! :D

i've been there every month except feb - april, sept. can't remember when it was green.

I kind of feel the same and I havent even been there yet! Honestly I get goosebumps when I watch it and find it so relaxing and peaceful, I can not wait for the time i'm in a position to make the move to somwhere like Isaan permanently

dang! :D

i've been there every month except feb - april, sept. can't remember when it was green.

It is brown until April/May when the first rain comes. Then the first rice is planted, in the wet land near the rivers first. From then on everything gets greener and greener, and wooden doors that were fine before start to stick. Eventually the rice starts to go golden sometime around september. After the harvest, all is brown again, with not a drop of rain, and the water levels in the ponds all drops (time to catch cat-fish for dinner, as they scramble madly across the last bits of mud in the bottom of the pond).

Having said that, this year some of my neighbours are doing a second planting (hand spread, not transplanted) using purchased irrigation water, so there are some green fields near me even now.