Tile Repair - what glue or compound to use

tropo

The tiles in my rental apartment are getting a bit old and chipping all over the place, but a large piece just broke out of a tile in the middle of the living room where it is quite visible.

I have a large surface piece which came out plus a few smaller ones. They won't cover the whole broken area, but I would like to camouflage the broken tile as best as possible by gluing the broken pieces back in but also need to fill the area to make it smooth.

Does anyone have any idea what glue or compound I should use to fix this? I'll only have one shot at this as the broken pieces are very fragile.

5a7d6ce3cc6f1_Tile2.thumb.jpg.052f8d969d3d5151be72e4008bfb75f2.jpg

5a7d6cebc9530_Tile1.thumb.jpg.6ff5c1c32de28f4f515bb63cb0ae3eb5.jpg

5a7d6d46a1a34_Tile4.jpg.64a56df1478c6c74a4e96013d8fcf44c.jpg

40 minutes ago, canopy said:

Looking at all that damage, I would take out the tile and install a new one and make a more solid grout joint.

There's a lot of cracked/chipped tiles around the house, and as I don't own the house I just want to repair it the best I can. Fortunately, due to the pattern on the tiles, the imperfections aren't very noticeable. I believe the tiles are about 20 years old, so I'm not sure about the possibility of getting new ones.

Archived