Have the Bs back for a little bit, CB 500 X on schedule

Rhys

Well, Gents,  especially those with Thai Wives...

The Honda gods have smiled upon me... The wife gave in, said yes to my purchase of the CB 500 X...it has been a 2 year plus....gambit.....now her.... directives...5555  Yes, she had/has me by the short and curlies...(yes, those with Thai wives know the drill.)   I have to sell the two other bikes, first.. then it is all green to go down to the Big Wing and get the bike.

Thus willing to take extreme losses on the two other bike just to get rid of them.

The CB 500 X is what I wanted for the riding I do now and plan to do.   I'm only 5'8'' so the handlebars are a  bit more comfort on the long ride..the CBRs are in a racing position.

Thus gents, any comments, and especially from current CB 500X riders of the riding and performance of the CB 500X.   Papa feel free to add your sage wisdom...

First, I will change the exhaust and put on a snap on... louder, less weight.

Second, I will add plastic panniers with metal mounts... I am told the rear wheel will gradually wear down soft panniers.... NO TOP BOX.

on the pegs...

Tho

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Honda CB500X is a excellent bike for Thailand and a bag strapped on the back is enough for a tour, instead of the wanna be look around the world boxes. :laugh: 

Agreed... additionally, they must certainly change the balance...

I've seen the giant loop bags and rally raid bags, they seem to do fine...

12 hours ago, Rhys said:

Tho

Great bike,I have had mine for a year and last  October went from Sukhothai to Malaysia border and back again. The thai guy were  I get my accessories has boxes on his 500x and says it's a bit unstable in the mountains. As Kwasaki says I put a bag on the back. Enjoy. 

15 hours ago, kelboy said:

Great bike,I have had mine for a year and last  October went from Sukhothai to Malaysia border and back again. The thai guy were  I get my accessories has boxes on his 500x and says it's a bit unstable in the mountains. As Kwasaki says I put a bag on the back. Enjoy. 

Thanks for the suggestion...... I saw on the WWW the bags with multi-layers that fit on top, waterproof and all.. a bit expensive but seems compact.

Any other suggestion for modifications?  Exhaust clip ons? 

6 hours ago, Rhys said:

but seems compact.

All I use for multi day trips is as shown on the CRF. Bought the bag for the Dyna, slips over the sissy bar. Has an attached waterproof cover for the rain. Padded, well protected, lots of storage. What the bike needs goes into the top box with room to spare. What I need goes into the bag, including my 17" laptop if required. Good for a couple of weeks easy.

The Giant.jpg

9 hours ago, Rhys said:

Thanks for the suggestion...... I saw on the WWW the bags with multi-layers that fit on top, waterproof and all.. a bit expensive but seems compact.

Any other suggestion for modifications?  Exhaust clip ons? 

Will send you a pm in a few days of the shop I get  my stuff from ,he ships all over.off up the mountains ye ha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 8:58 AM, kelboy said:

@kelboy

Just got my purchase of a CB500x started today and saw your post. I am planning a ride from Chiang Mai to Singapore and back later in the year. Did you just go to the Malaysia border or cross it? If you crossed, can you tell me a bit about the procedure?

Thanks

David

16 hours ago, Genericnic said:

@kelboy

Just got my purchase of a CB500x started today and saw your post. I am planning a ride from Chiang Mai to Singapore and back later in the year. Did you just go to the Malaysia border or cross it? If you crossed, can you tell me a bit about the procedure?

Thanks

David

No I didn't cross the border. Enjoy 

18 hours ago, Genericnic said:

@kelboy

Thanks

David

https://youtu.be/9c9Zbl1Cb4E

all info there,it’s pretty easy took the crf there last year ,should be going again within 6 weeks

On 24/02/2018 at 8:04 PM, Genericnic said:

. I am planning a ride from Chiang Mai to Singapore and back later in the year

i think you will have to pay 20.000 THB at thai immigration when you will be back in thailand

after 30 days outside thailand, fine is 1000 thb per day.....limit is 20K

12 minutes ago, pbas400 said:

i think you will have to pay 20.000 THB at thai immigration when you will be back in thailand

Can you tell me more? I have a retirement visa and a multi-entry permit. What would the fine be for?

David

Last time I took the Dyna down, we overnight in Sadao.

Got into town the evening before, went and bought a sticker which is an English translation of the number plate and Malaysian insurance. Got two copies TM2 and TM4, filled them out ahead of time. Crossed the next morning.

You will need the green book in your name, and Thai DL. They stamp and keep one TM2 and one TM4. Do not lose the second copies, as you turn them in on return to Thailand.

Also, more insurance hassle to enter Singapore now they tell me. Here is a link on that ...

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/threads/singapore-motor-insurance-for-all-thai-vehicles-no-longer-available-at-the-checkpoints.14528/#post-94785

TM2 and TM4 downloads if you want ahead of time ...

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/

7 hours ago, pbas400 said:

The fine is for bikes entering Thailand for tourism, not for Thai registered bikes.

Why would you have to pay a fine to bring your own bike back into the country it is registered in ? 

Do some homework before you post and muddy the waters by posting bogus 'facts'

On 2/10/2018 at 7:54 PM, Rhys said:

Tho

Kriega soft bags do the trick.  Been using them for a few years.  Waterproof and very strong.  Modular too.

I don't know about Giant Loop luggage but their fuel bladders are way overpriced.

On 28/02/2018 at 7:05 AM, canthai55 said:

Happy Wife - Happy Life.

Just have to navigate that razor-sharp line ...

Isn't that a bit wimpish?

Who is the breadwinner?..."he who pays the piper, calls the tune."

13 hours ago, taninthai said:

Wow they have good prices ,actually better than prices in the U.K.

Where I bought mine.  Some are 5-years-old and still look new after a good clean.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 8:50 AM, AllanB said:

Isn't that a bit wimpish?

Who is the breadwinner?..."he who pays the piper, calls the tune."

Not... a Thai wife...my friend... 555

On 3/5/2018 at 10:11 AM, papa al said:

"Have the Bs back..."

what that mean.?

Well Papa...Thought I had the green light to get the CB 500X.....Then the Wife starts with grabbing the short and curlies... end result... no bike purchase... Dand.   Her way or the airway....  555 just to funny ..I know .. no huevos... Still plotting... the egress.

On 10.02.2018 at 5:22 PM, Rhys said:

The wife gave in, said yes to my purchase of the CB 500 X.

I missed something and in the Thai law is forbidden to buy a motorcycle Honda of the consent of his wife?:))

Archived