Australian man victim of violent assault in popular Pattaya bar - report

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

That is serious violence, and if the story is true, it is attempted murder (or murder, if, in fact he did pass away).

Actually, it is not murder. A charge of 'murder' requires premeditation.

This would be a charge of 'manslaughter' if the victim dies.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Ok besides the fact that I will probably get banned

This thread should not even be running - too much misinformation

And the FB post it quoted has been taken down

The unfortunate guy is dead

And as for manslaughter that may be offered for a plea bargain

However stamping on someones head on the ground = second degree murder

according to a witness one of the group is said to have approached the victim before throwing him across the bar and punching him several times in the face. 

As the victim was the on the floor, the attacker then stamped on his head multiple times,

He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim's] face at least 10-15 times with full force.

I don't care what any law says, if the above is true then its murder.

Coming to Thailand, and beating the shit out of, or in this case appearently killing, another person. Yeah, that´s exactly why the policy "Good Guys in, and Bad Guys out" exists.
However, theese persons are probably going to be welcome to stay in a free facility in Thailand without 90-day report for a very long time. Congratulations!

Why in the world does Thailand attract so many individuals with non existing brain function?

10 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Why in the world does Thailand attract so many individuals with non existing brain function?

Cheap beer and easy sex tourism mixed with lax law enforcement so the outlaws can hang....simple as that. Looks looks like Amsterdam has the same problem.

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Seems to me that the definition of "murder" varies a lot depending of the country.

Don't know for Thailand, but repeated kicks in the face would be "murder" in my country.

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I bet the attacker and friends had criminal records. Ban anyone with a criminal record will help everyone. Good guys in scumbags out

Nope! the starbuck thugs looked anything but criminals, no tatts well dressed and in their 40's.

8 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Seems to me that the definition of "murder" varies a lot depending of the country.

Don't know for Thailand, but repeated kicks in the face would be "murder" in my country.

Under English law it could possibly be classed as voluntary manslaughter. Although in cases like this the accused would probably be charged with murder as it requires neither malice or premeditation under English law.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

That would depend on the relevant Thai law. Under English law neither malice or premeditation is required for a murder charge.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Have you ever heard of premeditated murder or only murder?

On the other hand, I do agree. In this case it should be manslaughter on the table.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 minutes ago, blankagain said:
Nope! the starbuck thugs looked anything but criminals, no tatts well dressed and in their 40's.

We shall see. Reading the detail about the attack i doubt they are regular Starbuck types

That's what surprised spectators, the normality.. This thug would have killed this guy at starbucks had it not been stopped by staff. He then wanted a meeting the next day same place to finish him off. The old 'less is more' comes to mind here.

That's what surprised spectators, the normality.. This thug would have killed this guy at starbucks had it not been stopped by staff. He then wanted a meeting the next day same place to finish him off. The old 'less is more' comes to mind here.

The guy is dead. Your info seems wrong

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
27 minutes ago, blankagain said:

We shall see. Reading the detail about the attack i doubt they are regular Starbuck types

Maybe they had an extra shot too many in the latte?

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 minutes ago, blankagain said:

So the guy in Starbucks was killed as well as the guy in Ruby bar? Are you sure?

10 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“He [the attacker] smashed his foot from above in the guys [victim's] face at least 10-15 times with full force. That whole incident lasted probably 20 seconds”, the witness wrote.

Killed your bruvver did he? Raped your sister maybe? I mean, there has to be some rational explanation for such totally disgusting behaviour. I ask myself this question - if I was there would I have intervened? You know, some drunken nutter with 4 or 5 drunken mates backing him up.

1 minute ago, nausea said:

Killed your bruvver did he? Raped your sister maybe? I mean, there has to be some rational explanation for such totally disgusting behaviour. I ask myself this question - if I was there would I have imtervened? You know, some drunken nutter with 4 or 5 drunken mates backing him up.

The explanation meaby it was just bad boys on drugs and alcohol  

But totally lack of empathy when people can do this 

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 hours ago, blankagain said:

Read-would have been killed had he not been stopped!.  The Soi 6 guy is dead which I'm well aware of. 

3 hours ago, Seismic said:

Under English law it could possibly be classed as voluntary manslaughter. Although in cases like this the accused would probably be charged with murder as it requires neither malice or premeditation under English law.

They don't mess about in England. The attacker, once convicted would be looking at a minimum of four years in Jail.

5 minutes ago, ta158 said:

haha it happens all over the world

there are certainly bar brawls that happen but this was a particularly brutal attack that is not the norm, at some point during this serious assault it could be argued that the motive changed to "wanting to kill"

Someone died and the Thai police cannot and will not ignore that fact, if not murder it sure is manslaughter and will carry a hefty jail term, fish head soup for at least 15 years

I would also be doing a background check with the US authorities - if the account of what happened is even half right this thug will have previous form in the US

RIP to the guy 

2 minutes ago, blankagain said:

Can you guys not read. Nowhere does it say the starbucks guy is dead.

I can read well enough thanks. I was referring to scubascuba3 who was quoting you, claiming you were wrong and that he was dead. If you cannot comprehend what you are reading then that is not an issue with my ability to read but rather that of yours.

Archived