Parking at Nong Khai Border

flexomike

Since nobody else has posted yet I will try to help.

Not sure it is still available but there is secured parking at the bus station where the shuttle buses for the bridge operate from. It is located on the right when coming in on HWY 2 from Udon at the first large intersection before the bridge.

I don't have recent experiences (2011) but obviously the big parking (secured, fee) is unchanged:

https://www.google.de/maps/@17.8650183,102.7225163,3a,75y,262.13h,86.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPVafN__cpDCOPrxkxJ6QnA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It can be reached from the left frontage road coming from Udon just before the checkpoint (walking distance, in the back you see the yellow roof of the checkpoint).

From the street view it looks like another one has been opened just before the "old" one:

https://www.google.de/maps/@17.8645884,102.7230763,3a,75y,225.18h,90.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seJEOLM-RUKmTxTtuyn8cpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I would tell them in advance that you want to leave it for a week.

Best park somewhere in the back with less risk of being hit by other cars.

On 2/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, Thanyaburi Mac said:

I  parked there last week, five days-four nights, baht 400 total.  Have been parking there for 20 years, never a problem.  And, yes, park in back.

Mac

Nong Khai Parking-1.jpg

Nong Khai Parking-2.jpg

The van you said to get, does that just take you through Immigration and then to the Laotian border, how much does the van charge

3 minutes ago, flexomike said:

The van you said to get, does that just take you through Immigration and then to the Laotian border, how much does the van charge

You can walk, it takes about 1 minute .

Once past Thai immigration, there is a bus to the Laos immigration, 20 Baht , cannot walk

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

I think he may of meant a bus. That is the station for the buses that crosses the bridge. You pay the same 20 baht fee. 

It has been a while since I did but if I recall correctly I got back on the same bus after clearing immigration.

Archived