Hardware needs

kevvy

I was having a conversation with the General Manager of Thaiwasadu and other Managers from Bangkok at a convention last week.I was asking him the question about western tools and garden products. They asked me to supply a list for them as they would look into supping their stores.

Can members of this forum write what product they would like to see. I personally would like a good wheelbarrow, a yard broom 18 inch, a water base enamel paint

and the list goes on .

He also said they will be opening up on line shopping this year.So here is a chance for us to try and get what we like ...

Thankyou

I don't know about the rest of Thailand but True Value store bombed here in Pattaya and their space has been taken over by Haffle but maybe they were/ are more successful in their other Thai locations

They offered   western tools and garden products and they couldn't succeed so I would be dubious of any claims by Thaiwatsadu of online sales in the future,  but hope to be proven wrong 

I have made a small list of  garden items , leaf rakes , shovel, brooms , paint brushes (trim), water base enamel paints , Bar B Q'S,soaker hoses,electric blowers, etc . I will messaging them today ...

On 2/13/2018 at 7:21 AM, Crossy said:

Well, you'd sell at least three, one for you, one for kevvy and one for me :smile:

Sadly a broom that size would overwhelm the operator (Wifey). You didn't expect me to be using it, did you?

LOL!

My wife has been using a 24 inch wide push broom I bought in Buriram two years ago. The pole is not great but the broom head works fine. Pole sanders by Marshalltown are currently in Buriram. Milwaukee Tools including flashlights have been in Buriram for several years. That is great that Thai Watsadu is considering ordering products which expats already find in Buriram. 

Buriram Thailand Milwuakee Tools Honda Lawn Mower delivery.jpg

Twenty four inch wide broom Buriram Thailand.jpg

Buriram Thailand Wide broom 24 inch.jpg

Pole Sander female Head Buriram Thailand.jpg

Dependable Garden and lawn sprinklers and a large jumbo wheel barrow are a good items for Thai Watsadu to sell to expats. The Canton Fair might offer Thai Watsadu Chinese imports which they can sell under their exclusive brands. Seems to have worked out fine with electric cords. I prefer to shop for genuine name brands. My wife gets great use from the red large wheel barrow I bought in Buriram. Name brand hand tools and recognized power tool brands are welcome by any expat in Thailand at any hardware store. 

Buriram Rain Bird Lawn Garden Pop Up sprinklers.JPG

Buriram Pneumatic PU large jumbo wheel barrow delivery.JPG

Buriram Thailand Milwaukee plumbers construction tools.JPG

• Like 1

For the price, the spade and shovels imported from China sold as Pollo Brand at Global House seem worth consideration. "Worth "Brand has some decent shovels for slightly more money that years ago I bought at Homepro.  True Value was selling some shovels at triple the USA price for a while in Bangkok and Pattaya. Thai Watsadu could perhaps import from China decent shovels and spades that they see at the Canton Fair.  Decent strong rakes are another item the buyer for Thai Watsadu could consider in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

"Worth "Brand has some decent shovels for slightly more money that years ago I bought at Homepro.

Yes I have one of these. Excellent value. (Mine's a spade not a shovel however).

Nobody else, who has a garden, think they could do with a good fork.........?

Edited by topt
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have found the following at Globalhouse

- Wide workbroom (32") :   (with household items)                     

- Wheelbarrow:   (outside in front of the store)                                          
- Western-style Flat and Round Shovels:  (garden supply area)                                       

Still looking for Water-based enamel paint and quality garden hose (5/8" or 3/4").

Cheers!

• 2 months later...